News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2sanstef

Quote from: Bigguy on July 06, 2009, 09:09:45 PM
@ fff: If I'm not mistaken those queries can be run in phpmyadmin.

@ ScrepY: Did you already add an add, is that why that space is there. ???

@ 2sanstef: Did you run the install.php is that what you are having problems with. ???

Update:

I installed ad mgt mod via package manager, got the green light indicating that the mod had been installed successfully but no ads and error messages saying the sub.php had errors.

Decided to install manually and completed all changes (No changes had been previously made by the package manager)

Got stuck at the install.php stage as didn't understand how to run these.

Went back to forum and it appears that ad mgt mod has now been installed successfuly.

Problem now is that Ads don't appear in all of the optional locations on the page. If I ask for it to be at the end of each post they appear at the beginning and end?

No error messages are being generated.

Forum http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/index.php

I am inclined to leave well alone. By the way have any changes been made in 1.1.9 that stop the package manager working properly as I have had problems installing this and the feeds mod, previously they both installed simply via the package manager?

ScrepY

Quote@ ScrepY: Did you already add an add, is that why that space is there. ???

No i just installl the mod and it happens like this. But installing the mode there are some errors when i am installing to my custom template, could it be the problem ?

fff

Quote from: Bigguy on July 06, 2009, 09:09:45 PM
@ fff: If I'm not mistaken those queries can be run in phpmyadmin.

I did it but I didn't solve my problem

Bigguy

@ 2sanstef: No changes I know of

@ ScrepY: It could be the problem. What does the ad mod look like on the default theme. Is that space still there.

collins465

anyone using adsense with this mod sholu read and help me out... i really need help

i just launched a forum http://naijaorbit.com everything is working fine i have finished pimping it the way i want. i have installed ad management mod BUT putting adsense code in my forum is very confusing to me .
i signed up with google adsense, they have approved my forum i have generated my first text ad i  have the code, but the questions are where will i put this first text ad in my forum or ad mod, and how do i set up channels for my forum, will i continue to create ads by my self to suit the different categories in my forum like music sports business, computers etc..or will google be sending them to me or what?

please take your time and explain to me in detail, i know you are busy but please help me out..

ScrepY

Quote from: Bigguy on July 07, 2009, 08:48:28 AM
@ ScrepY: It could be the problem. What does the ad mod look like on the default theme. Is that space still there.
Yeah it was every thing ok when i changed the default template. So what i have to do to make it work and look right. By the way in my custom template there is one file index.template.php and when i try install it says taht there are errors can you help me to make the code ?

TomW

I'm trying to select  'Manual Install Instructions for SMF ver 1.1.9 but it will not parse.  What could be wrong ?

lindseylakeshore

I am trying to parse my new theme for my site the ads appear under default theme but keep coming up t string errors when I try to adjust the theme with the parse. Am I parsing to the smf version or the theme version. I run 1.1.9 smf but the theme is 1.1.8

Bigguy

@ ScrepY: Then the only file you need to edit is the index.template from the custom theme you are using. Try using the parser and an editor to work out were the code goes.

@ TomW: Could be something wrong with the parsor or the mod's .xml file. Try reporting it to the team.

@ lindseylakeshore: Ask the theme author for an updated theme and try again.

@ collins465: You shouldn't need any tags in the adsense code that you paste into the ad mod. So if you see any <php> or <html> tags strip them out and try it again. This includes their closing tags.

the epic winner

the mod is having no effect on my forum...nothing is showing even after I've added the ad code and set where i want it placed.

Yahmez

Quote from: the epic winner on July 12, 2009, 12:34:54 PM
the mod is having no effect on my forum...nothing is showing even after I've added the ad code and set where i want it placed.

Check your permissions for viewing the ads.

vitalik82

Pease help!

I am trying to add adsense ads to my forum using Ad Mode.

So I received the code from google:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-3440420860184444";
/* ??????? ?1 */
google_ad_slot = "4374157380";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

I pasted it to the content field in the Ad Mode and nothing happend. But then I try to test it and write simple text in the contect field its working!

shumilica

vitalik82 this happens because google must first crawl the page to show ads. This ussually take a couple of hours to a day.
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

searchgr

and second are allowed only three adv. per page as per google policy

mgburks

Will this mod work with SMF 1.1.10? I've downloaded and installed it successfully but I do not see ad management in the configuration section of my admin panel.

Any guidance someone can give me will be most appreciated.

B1gft

I have just installed the mod, and have got this reading.

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

The version of SMF I am useing is SMF 1.1.10. but I have also tried it with other versions and I am still getting the same message.
Please help as I really need this mod.
Thanks

Bigguy

You will have to wait until the package is updated.

TomW

I have been able to edit manually all of the files except for index.template.php which is from corp-lt116 theme.  It is drastically different than the default theme.  Can anyone help me with updating this file ?  You may pm me if you like.

NaYa

how i apply this to ANGIE theme ...with smf 1.1.10 ???

i used this in a theme named "post it" without any edits....
http://www.filmyplanet.com - The entertainment portal !

ScottDB

Hi all. I just installed the Ad Management and have edited permissions and all that but I still do not see any adds.
Checked  it with multiple places for ads to show as well as just one. Checked the show ads in the permission settings and even logged in as user to check for ads showing.
Tried multiple themes for default in case it was a theme problem.
I am not getting any error mesages so that makes it a little harder to figure out what the problem is.

I am using SMF 1.9 with ad package ad_mod_v2-3-1_SMF_v1-1-x. Not sure if this is the latest or best one to use with this version. Have posted in the mods general support but no reply. Can anybody help?
Thank you,
Scott

If at first you don't succeed. post and post again.

Advertisement: