News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akbora

Ad management is very succesful mod but RC2 versiyon doesn't run welcome user area?
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

carbonize

Quote from: jerm on November 22, 2009, 11:34:57 PM
After some work, I completed it. Welcome ads no longer work because I couldn't figure out how to code it. If someone can let me know how to do it and give me the code, I'll release another sub version.
C a r b o n i z e

smp420

Quote from: ekfaysal on December 28, 2009, 11:57:41 AM
guys
im facing a problem
using SMF 2 rc2
with default theme
first i hv uninstalled add mod. then uploaded new one and installed.
now whenever i try to add one slot, it addz 2.
it does it twice.
please anybody help
i hv already asked in the official forum of ad mod but they never reply so asking fom you guys.
Either the mod installed twice or the old version never uninstalled. use the parser on the mod page and remove the duplicatecode in your files.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

2sanstef

Quote from: 2sanstef on December 28, 2009, 01:47:37 PM
Hi

Just completed a clean install of 1.1.11 due to a krisbarteo virus again!!

Have re-installed ad management mod, learning from experience I checked that all relevant files were CHMOD 777 and included a temp file in the package manager.

Mod installed and previous ads are displayed perfectly, problem is that the Amin area doesn't include access to the Ad management function, menu has been changed but hyperlink not there!!

Do I uninstall and try again or manually amend if so which files?
thanks

Missing ads.english language file has resolved this however, now getting an "Unable to load ads template message when I click on the ad management option in the control panel with an errors log of

2sanstef   Today at 09:32:03 PM 
81.86.56.159     323b899e3f76da2bdfb626492c496fdb 
http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=admod 
Unable to load the 'Ads' template

pointalk

admin can set banners random impression and set  every banner impression's times

please include this feature. :)

bchangia

Hi

I need a help I've installed Ad Management mod.

The installation happened properly, no error, now after adding the add in the SMF its not working, I don't see any add in my forum.

I checked the logs and for instance I'm pasting 1 of the example, for all the pages it says Undefined index:  Google_Results_Width

I checked each code for this mod and the queries all looks fine to me there is no problem.

8: Undefined index:  Google_Results_Width                                    File: /public_html/tf/techfreak.in/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
                     Line: 396                  

Can somebody please help?
Thanks in advance
Bimlesh Changia

Bigguy

Are you using a custom theme, if so then you will have to make some manual edits to your custom template files.

bchangia

No its the default theme and I've installed SMF 2.0 RC2

On this forum the default theme is "SMF Default Theme - Curve"

Do you mean to say the changes which is done on the files located in /home/Themes/default should it be done to /home/Themes/curve ?

But I've the following folders under themes folder
babylon
classic
core
Bimlesh Changia

Arantor

Nope. Curve is the default theme, it lives in Themes/default.

Any changes to Curve should be applied to those files.

bchangia

Then what should I do to make it work?
I've also checked all the mod changes (i.e. Manually apply the mod) against the present status of the files and tables. It all looks good to me, and all the change in the files match to the MOD details.
Bimlesh Changia

Bigguy

If techfreak is your site there are a few things broken on it other than the ad mod or is it the ad mod that is making a space in the header and footer.

bchangia

Yes Tech Freak is my site.

I am not so good at php. Can you giev me some tips to recognize the errors?

attached the screen shot for the packages which are installed.
Bimlesh Changia

Bigguy

It might be Ezportal making those spaces and it could be effecting the ad mod. Have you tried uninstalling it and see if things appear and work normal. ???

bchangia

Strange Now its working perfectly. I just uninstalled EZportal and installed again.
Thanks a lot Bigguy!!!
Cheers
Quote from: Bigguy on December 29, 2009, 11:32:13 AM
It might be Ezportal making those spaces and it could be effecting the ad mod. Have you tried uninstalling it and see if things appear and work normal. ???
Bimlesh Changia

Bigguy

Robin1989

hi

i was wondering if there is a known issue with IE with the ad management mod when ads are positioned on the right side of the forum

as the ads cover the forum when on the category page. its installed in the default curve theme

imon32red

I installed smf version 1.1.10 through fantastico on my hostgator account yesterday.  Then I uploaded the patch to the new version 1.1.11.  When I upload this mod, ad_mod_v2-3-6_SMF_v2-0RC2.zip I get the message

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I have not added any other mods and am still using the default theme.

Bigguy

@ Robin1989: There are no known issues that I know about.

@ imon32red: Try the version marked "ad_mod_v2-3-1_SMF_v1-1-x.zip" if you are on the 1.1.x series of SMF.

imon32red

saintsinner

I am unable get the "bottom page" adsense to work. i have tried different ad sizes, but none of them seem to work. ad management is working great on other positions but not "bottom page"?
Any ideas why??

thanks

Advertisement: