News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Although the google ad shows at the bottom of the page, the advert I want ato show below the best 3 mod shows on the default theme but not the theme I am using.

Where should I be looking?

EDIT:
Failure to comply will result in assimilation by the Borg.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: TheListener on October 06, 2009, 01:42:26 PM
Although the google ad shows at the bottom of the page, the advert I want ato show below the best 3 mod shows on the default theme but not the theme I am using.

Where should I be looking?

Thats weird, Im trying to see what you mean, I cannot navigate your forum very well, where am I supposed to be looking?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

TheListener

Give me a couple seconds bud.

TheListener

There's a pm waiting for ya John

Muldoon

Thank you!  I will give it a shot and let you know how it turns out! :)

Quote from: johncccccc on October 06, 2009, 01:36:47 PM
BUMP:
I just tested this edit on my test forum, I used my mod since it calls the same Find code, and the edit will work fine! :)

'

I added the ad, see the red box,

EDIT: Added your index.template.php file :)

Muldoon

johncccccc,

Also, do you have any idea where would I place this code:

Quote from: Muldoon on October 06, 2009, 11:12:30 AM

Find:
template_menu();

Add after:

//Below the menu ads
   if (function_exists("show_indexAds") && function_exists("show_towerleftAds") && function_exists("show_towerrightAds"))
   {
      $ads = show_indexAds();   
      if(!empty($ads))
         if($ads['type']==0)
            echo $ads['content'];
         else
            eval($ads['content']);
      unset($ads);

//Tower left Ads
      $ads = show_towerleftAds();
      if(!empty($ads))
         echo '<table><tr><td valign="top">', $ads['type']==0 ? $ads['content'] : eval($ads['content']) ,'</td><td width="100%" valign="top">';

unset($ads);
      //Tower Right Ads
      $ads = show_towerrightAds();   
      if(!empty($ads))
         echo '<table><tr><td width="100%" valign="top">';
      unset($ads);
   }   

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

That edit for index.template.php

try adding the code right before

function template_main_below()

That should do it

SMF 2.0 RC5

Muldoon

Thanks johncccccc,

Looks like the ad works on the bottom.  However when I click to display it on every page below the menu, nothing shows up...

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

hmmm I only know so much, I will take a look at it later :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

HecKel

plans for the update to SMF 2.0 RC2?
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Muldoon

Quote from: Muldoon on October 06, 2009, 04:45:44 PM
Thanks johncccccc,

Looks like the ad works on the bottom.  However when I click to display it on every page below the menu, nothing shows up...

johncccccc,

Also, with the ad placement on the bottom.  I'd like to move the ad spot up to just above the bottom color so that it shows over the black background.  Any thoughts on this?

Thank you so much for your help so far. I really appreciate it!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I tried to see the ad on your forum, even signed up, cant see any ad at all ???

SMF 2.0 RC5

sshahnawaz

Sorry to ask you a very common question, but I found it difficult to implement and after searching I found no instructions for manual installation of this mod.

I tell you first what I did so that you better understand my problem. I went to download the ad management mod and I downloaded it. I knew this won't work on my theme which is 2ExtremeBlue so I started to edit my files manually by clicking parse and getting the manual edit instructions.

Now my problem is, my theme consists no such files as the default theme has. Is it OK to just edit the files present in my theme as directed and then edit the files of default themes too and in the last just make the changes to file locations ... i.e. getting the new files which this mod has and then placing them to the right place? Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

NOTE: Please DO QUOTE my question or WRITE my name in your answer so that I better understand that you are talking to me, coz sometimes I don't understand. Again sorry for this problem.  :)
How to Make Money Online - Urdu Description https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Deggh2ZxNE

Yahmez

Quote from: sshahnawaz on October 08, 2009, 07:05:29 AM
Sorry to ask you a very common question, but I found it difficult to implement and after searching I found no instructions for manual installation of this mod.

I tell you first what I did so that you better understand my problem. I went to download the ad management mod and I downloaded it. I knew this won't work on my theme which is 2ExtremeBlue so I started to edit my files manually by clicking parse and getting the manual edit instructions.

Now my problem is, my theme consists no such files as the default theme has. Is it OK to just edit the files present in my theme as directed and then edit the files of default themes too and in the last just make the changes to file locations ... i.e. getting the new files which this mod has and then placing them to the right place? Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

NOTE: Please DO QUOTE my question or WRITE my name in your answer so that I better understand that you are talking to me, coz sometimes I don't understand. Again sorry for this problem.  :)

sshahnawaz,

What you want to do is this:
Copy whatever templates you are missing in the 2ExtremeBlue theme from the default (core). But only the files required by the mod of course. Then edit the files you copied over. In 2.0 you can copy the files from within the admin area but I don't know if you can in 1.1.x or not.

Muldoon

Quote from: johncccccc on October 07, 2009, 09:37:38 PM
I tried to see the ad on your forum, even signed up, cant see any ad at all ???

Hi johncccccc,

I haven't gone ahead with it yet, because I want to implement everything at once. 

I guess all I need to figure out is have to get the ad to show below the menu and then to bump up the code on the bottom somehow so it is out of the red across the bottom of my site and sits just above on the blackground color. 

As it stands now the ad shows up in the red on the bottom, but nothing shows up under the menu.  I think it has to do with that last mod about the finding the 'template_menu section and adding that last portion of the code somewhere...

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

well, I would need to see exactly what you mean, if you make the edit as stated above, get it going, then I can look at it and see where to place it after

as for the template_menu, I already said where I think the code would fit in that theme, take a look in some of the recent posts in this thread.

Try to install the ad management mod then set up an ad for the bottom of all pages, then we can tune it up to your liking afterward :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Muldoon

Ok I"ll get it going and will be back in a minute! Thanks john!

Muldoon

Ok, so I have it up. You'll see it on the bottom john.  These are boxes I checked:

Display ads on every page right below the menu

Display ads on the bottom of the page

Muldoon

I placed this code

//Below the menu ads
   if (function_exists("show_indexAds") && function_exists("show_towerleftAds") && function_exists("show_towerrightAds"))
   {
      $ads = show_indexAds();   
      if(!empty($ads))
         if($ads['type']==0)
            echo $ads['content'];
         else
            eval($ads['content']);
      unset($ads);

//Tower left Ads
      $ads = show_towerleftAds();
      if(!empty($ads))
         echo '<table><tr><td valign="top">', $ads['type']==0 ? $ads['content'] : eval($ads['content']) ,'</td><td width="100%" valign="top">';

unset($ads);
      //Tower Right Ads
      $ads = show_towerrightAds();   
      if(!empty($ads))
         echo '<table><tr><td width="100%" valign="top">';
      unset($ads);
   }   

right before:

function template_main_below()

Earlier I had placed it after one of the 'template_menu' s but it placed the add to the right of the menu in the gray area, not below in the black...  Would you like me try and do that again?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Hmmm I still don't see them, as guest or admin, if you could make a screen shot of what I'm supposed to be looking for I may see it

* johncccccc see's the other post

Well since I don't see the ad try that again I suppose :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: