News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nnick

I have installed it, and it seems it works ok :)

I have another question though.

In another forum we had installed a previous version of this mod. For some reason, links from admin are missing although db tables are still there.

How do you propose to proceed there? Should I just delete the tables and try install the mod?

masterofceremony

Hi,

I have automatically installed Ad Management mod V 2.3 into SMF 2.0 RC2 in default theme and in footer, before Info Center I can see parse error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /data03/virt23706/domeenid/www.bonsuna.com/htdocs/forum/Sources/Load.php(2081) : eval()'d code(233) : eval()'d code on line 1

And the ads are not working. Can You please help me with this matter.

brgs,

Marco

masterofceremony

Problem solved.

Can anybody give me a hint, how to modify Core theme, so it can show ads also.
Edit: I have curve theme as a default.

arreferee

Is there a way to reset the hit counter for this mod?  I would like to reset it each month so I can report back to the advertisers how many hits they are getting.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: arreferee on December 18, 2009, 12:07:35 PM
Is there a way to reset the hit counter for this mod?  I would like to reset it each month so I can report back to the advertisers how many hits they are getting.
Hits arent worth using until someone looks at the problem I pointed out. A hit for a banner is defined as how many clicks it gets, not how many times a banner is shown that someone might not even be looking at.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

baurebu

Has anybody here managed to install the mod with the kani theme? I have been trying for the last 2 days to get it to work. No luck. I can't seem to find the right location to add the code. Most code that needs to be replaced according to the instructions on the authors site, I can't find. I'm lost.  :-[

Bigguy

Look for parts of the code and that should give you the general location. You really need a good code editor like Php Designer.

baurebu

I was going through the index.template.php file and inserting adsense blocks just to see where it would pop up, but it would always give me an error on the template and the forum wouldnt work.

Bigguy

What editor are you using. ???

baurebu

notepad++. What difference does the editor make, if I don't know where to insert the adsense code.

Bigguy

Are you using the parser and what I suggested. ???

baurebu

ok back to the drawing board. Let me give it another try.  :)

Bigguy

If you have an editor that has a search function that's fine.....when searching for code, if you can't find xyz;whatever then search for xyz. Read the code in the parser and it will tell you if you are close enough to the right spot. It takes a bit to get used to it but you will get it. ;)

EDIT: Notepad can leave whitespace which causes errors. I would recommend not using it.

baurebu

My problem is that I am not really familiar with php code. More used to html. So it's kinda hard to know what section code is doing what. I'll tackle it tomorrow.

Sun11

I'v always used this mod on any of my forums

dansomers

I have installed this on my forum http://seoguideforum.com but it only shows adverts to myself!

I did a dummy account and it doesnt show up for guests or registered, just admins

Arantor

Check the permissions in the admin panel.

dansomers

Only took 2 hours to work out ;)

Thank you

supahben

why does it modifies the default theme instead of my current theme?

Arantor

Because most themes actually reuse the default theme code in most cases.

Plus the default theme will *always* be installed.

Advertisement: