News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Add mouseover effects to your theme

Started by Cccddd, March 09, 2004, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cccddd

Link to Mod

This mod's purpose is to help add a little depth to your site's theme, while keeping the general appearance the same. You can accomplish this by adding little "hints", such as color changes, mouseover effects, gradients, drop shadows, etc. This particular mod will create a mouseover effect on the topic title on the message index page, and board name on the board index page.

Cccddd

Mod updated to incorporate changes in the default theme, as well as adding the BoardIndex change.

Enjoy!

DuckFat

Very good, but the highlighting isn't working on the child board index at the top of the parent board.  How can I fix that?
-- DuckFat

Jerry

Open /Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php
Find:
<td align="left">
<b><a href="', $board['href'], '" name="b', $board['id'], '">

Replace with
<td align="left" onMouseOver="this.className=\'windowbg\'" onMouseOut="this.className=\'windowbg2\'">
<b><a href="', $board['href'], '" name="b', $board['id'], '">
That should do it

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

DuckFat

Hmm... well, that messed everything up. 

I'm working from a copy of the default theme.  Is that what your fix is for?

The above crashed the theme at first.  I went in and remover the spaces from the code and the theme loaded but the board name link was missing and the entire description became the child board's link.
-- DuckFat

Jerry

it shouldn't have done that, worked fine when I tested it on my default theme ;) maybe you can paste exactly what part you changed and the error you got?

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

ivo2296

wotamix

will be writing into my new theme, thanks alot mate.

tristan gordon
www.wotamix.co.uk [nofollow] - off the beat

devilkin

Works perfectly, I've added it to my theme. Perhaps this could be made into a mod?
SMF 1.1.1, located at http://www.aelst.be/smf/

Escobar

I chose SMF because you get your questions answered.

Klozi

Works great for 1.0.5!

It is possible to make this shine into the "Last Post" Box, right below the "Forum name" box. You know what I mean?

meyersmp

I'm trying to do this mod to my classic theme but I can't seem to find the corresponding code for the Boardindex.template.php file.

If any genius out there has a few moments to figure this one out I'd be most appreciative.

!Hachi!

try this works fine with me.
             search for     "line 99"
                  <td class="windowbg2" align="left" width="60%">
                   replace with
<td align="left" onMouseOver="this.className=\'windowbg\'" onMouseOut="this.className=\'\'">

hope this will works. ;)     
Happy Ramadan

Ed Bowers

This works great.  I put it in both the themes I've made for my site.  Awesome job.   :D
Proud Paratrooper of the 82nd Abn Div.

US Paratroopers
History, Camaraderie, Service

PopLife

Will this mod be updated to 1.1RC1? Or even RC2?

!Hachi!

well you can do this on your own as its not MOD actually you add few lines in 2 files so why not to mess with php and figure it out.  :P
                       just kidding. well i am working on this hope to post it asap. ;)
Happy Ramadan

mattness

Can you give any examples how to tweak this mod?
I'm not a programmer, but I feel that this mod has potantial :)

David79

would love to see an example as well because I could only get the subject area to show the effect....and not the main index board area

Advertisement: