MessagePreviewOnMouseOver

Started by snork13, February 03, 2006, 12:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATTEK

Quote from: Kindred on April 27, 2010, 03:22:17 PM
yes
Crap.  >:( O well. LMAO I'll get to it this week sometime. Thanks man.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

firechild

Okay, it doesn't work for me for threads with New Posts in a non default theme. It works fine on Threads I've read, and it works fine in the Default theme. I've manually added the changes for MessageIndex.Template and Recent.template files, but there is no Admin.english file in the theme I use. Could that be part of my problem?

I'm a little confused because it works on some of the threads. We use an animated Gif for our "New Post" indicator ... could that have anything to do with it? Doesn't seem likely.

Cheers
Fletch

Kurakama

thanks for this great mod!

perfectly working on RC3!

Masterd

I can't get this mod working on SMF 2.0 RC3.

distante

Hello!

This version work in RC2 ?

Masterd

distante

The modifications made by addMessagePreview_settings.php use the same structure in RC2 and RC3 ?

DirtRider

When I try and install this on RC3 I get this

Duplicate entry 'hover_length' for key 'PRIMARY'
File: /home/tt/public_html/Packages/temp/addMessagePreview_settings.php
Line: 31

http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

DirtRider

Quote from: DirtRider on August 23, 2010, 07:59:34 AM
When I try and install this on RC3 I get this

Duplicate entry 'hover_length' for key 'PRIMARY'
File: /home/tt/public_html/Packages/temp/addMessagePreview_settings.php
Line: 31

Anyone ?

Kindred

you get that on the installation or after the installation?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DirtRider

It runs through the installation without finding any error and once it ends I get that and when I look nothing has been installed

Kindred

looks like the installation is actually failing on the db edits.  Check your DB for the field hover_length...   

if it's alreayd there, you can edit the installation db file to remove the db edits
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DirtRider

When you say check the DB do you actually meant in MySQL Database . I did have the mod installed before I upgraded from RC2 to RC3 if this helps

Kindred

yup... I believe that you probably already have the db edits done, so the db edits in the mod are failing (before any code changes are done).  Remove the instructions in the mod for the db edit file and it should work
Слaва
Украинi

DirtRider

snork13

unzip the package and  upload  dropmessagepreview to the root of your forum, run it from browser. delete file and it will remove the entry, or you can delete it through phpmyadmin. it happen when the mods not un-installed correctly, normally through upgrades.
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

THE BRA1N

Quote from: Kindred on August 24, 2010, 10:36:24 AM
yup... I believe that you probably already have the db edits done, so the db edits in the mod are failing (before any code changes are done).  Remove the instructions in the mod for the db edit file and it should work

How exactly would I go about doing that? I have the same exact error and problem.

Kindred

remove the db edit php file from the xml file
Слaва
Украинi

coolfx350

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: