News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

comment on new theme version

Started by klumy, February 04, 2006, 03:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klumy

- font formatting of "Child Boards" distracts somehow from the normal forum heading

Child boards shouldn't be displayed with black color. maybe with the same color the the forum heading are displayed are. Or just make the normal forum headings also black.

- I also miss a link to the stats page

what do you mean?

H

The new theme is great :D.

That stats need to come back though
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Sverre

Quote from: klumy on February 04, 2006, 03:48:46 AM
- font formatting of "Child Boards" distracts somehow from the normal forum heading

Child boards shouldn't be displayed with black color. maybe with the same color the the forum heading are displayed are. Or just make the normal forum headings also black.

I agree that $txt['parent_boards'] in bold styling attracts a bit too much attention. Personally, I prefer to just change it from bold to italic.

Aaron

Another issue: the active tab of the memberlist template doesn't show up correctly.

klumy

another thing

the button for collapsing / expanding forums are sometimes on the right and sometimes on the left site.

it would be better if the buttons are all on the right or all on the left site

Prasad007

Yeah its gr8. but as said before, very blurry!

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Tim

Gecko's rendering engines scrolls down "layer per layer" which causes a page to "blur".

You'll have to talk to the guys and galls at Mozilla for that one...

trenchteam

Site is very clean and the navigation is simple. thanks simple machines!

Aquilo

Quote from: Tim on February 04, 2006, 11:16:47 AM
Gecko's rendering engines scrolls down "layer per layer" which causes a page to "blur".

Why is this one theme on this one site, the only one I've ever had act blurry/choppy/unsmooth when scrolling in firefox? it will be hard to convince the folks at firefox there is a problem with the rendering engine on one site out of billions of web pages.

I love SMF and this theme is sweet! but there is something in the theme on this site causing this! it honestly sucks that this effects so few people that it can be dismissed or pushed off on something else, but every thing has new directions!!

H

Quote from: Tim on February 04, 2006, 11:16:47 AM

Interesting  :-\

My scroll looks better on FF than it does on IE. Probably related to PC speed as well
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Tim

kadhumia_flo

Very nice, but is it possible to add an option next to the search thing, for Entire Site or Site Forum like before :D

Tim

Trekkie101

azc

The new theme looks great. But it would be good to have the 'Home', 'Help', 'Logout', etc. links available to those who prefer to surf with 'Load Images' disabled.

Using Firefox 1.5.0.1 FWIW.

Tim

There aren't any images in that menu?

Aaron

In fact there are: the backgrounds of the tabs. If those are hidden, the text becomes unreadable.

Grudge

Could you give those tabs a background color as well as an image to ensure that it looks OK? (I'm not too hot on CSS!)
I'm only a half geek really...

Burpee

Tim, I would just like to make a designer's comment on this site.

Generally, when you design a site you like to have a certain kind of colour throughout the site. This usually consists of two colors. Two colors are always better than one, because it simply enhances the contrast and makes the site (or any design) more alive than other designs.

On this site, I primarily see two colors used, being light blue and orange. However, the default theme for the forum does not seem to have this contrast. It's all in the same shade of blue, which makes it seem a little "dull".

Fixing this simply means including some more of the orange color in the overal design/CSS sheet. For example, you could decide to change the link color to orange. This would mean two improvements; it would add contrast and it would make all links easier to recognize (accessibility for people with bad vision would increase).

As for the choice of colour, I'm not entirely joyous about choosing the color orange. Every colour has a certain set of emotions attached to it. Some resources about this will tell you that orange for example has the association of cheap/inexpensive. It also has the association of being fun, which is positive.

Other colours, such as green, red and purple give off very different feelings.
Some resources are:

You can find plenty more searching with google.
I leave it up to you what you do with this information.

Advertisement: