News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Illegal mix of collations - now another problem with personal messages

Started by manevem, February 14, 2006, 12:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manevem

or sholud I just do it asthe firt time? like this:
QuoteALTER TABLE `smf_personal_messages` CHANGE `fromName` `fromName` TINYTEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE `smf_personal_messages` CHANGE `subject` `subject` TINYTEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE `smf_personal_messages` CHANGE `body` `body` TEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE `smf_pm_recipients` CHANGE `labels` `labels` VARCHAR( 60 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
Sorry if stupid question, but I dont really understand this codes
And as always: thanks  :D

Elmacik

Umm those codes you use also what I suggested before :)
And I used them to fix the "illegal mix of collations" error :)
Would you mind running these (this will surely fix your problem and bring the current PMs to the inboxes.);

ALTER TABLE `smf_personal_messages` CHANGE `fromName` `fromName` TINYTEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `smf_personal_messages` CHANGE `subject` `subject` TINYTEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `smf_personal_messages` CHANGE `body` `body` TEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `smf_pm_recipients` CHANGE `labels` `labels` VARCHAR( 60 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1';
UPDATE `smf_pm_recipients` SET `labels` = '-1';
Home of Elmacik

manevem

I tried many times and this is what I get:

QuoteError

SQL-poizvedba:

ALTER TABLE `smf_pm_recipients` CHANGE `labels` `labels` VARCHAR( 60 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1' UPDATE `smf_pm_recipients` SET `labels` = '-1';

MySQL je vrnil: Dokumentacija
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'UPDATE `smf_pm_recipients` SET `labels` = '-1'' at line 2

Elmacik

So sorry I missed up a semicolon. I corrected, run it again, everything should fix up :)
Home of Elmacik

manevem

Elmacik

Home of Elmacik

digit

I'm having a similar problem.

I am moving a forum from a server with MySQL 4.0.23a  to a server with MySQL 4.1.14.

What's weird is, I was able to copy over one database, change the settings in (new) my.cnf from default...

default-character-set=utf8

to...

default-character-set=latin1

and a similar error went away...  so with that repaired database, that is working fine, I copied that database, with the structure and constraints, to a new database, and simply pointed smf to the new database.

NOW I get the error....

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'find_in_set'
File: /users/forum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 380

I have tried the above mentioned SQL commands but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

digit

If someone could help with my previous message above, I sure would appreciate it, I've been trying to solve this for a few hours, and I can't get my new server (JUST for SMF!) up and running!

Thanks.

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Zenin

Quote from: Elmacik on April 11, 2006, 02:17:14 AM
Ok, defaultly, there seems your forum have messed up the labels.
The new PMs just directly go to a labeled folder and NOT to inbox. But this folder cannot be browsed as it doesnt count in "manage labels"
To see what I am talking about, click "My Messages" in this site and see the left menu, and do the same thing in you site. You will see the difference.
This may be caused by a mix up with the forum & portal.

Run this query and see if it works:

ALTER TABLE `smf_pm_recipients` CHANGE `labels` `labels` VARCHAR( 60 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1'

After running this, dont forget to recount all the forum totals and the statistics from the Forum Maintenances in your administration panel.

u sir are a god, !!! this worked perfectly and fixed the problemm thanks alot!!!

Dracon

you are replying after 11 months or say a year WTF?LOL and just to say thanks  

Elmacik

Quote from: Dracon on March 25, 2007, 12:53:20 PM
you are replying after 11 months or say a year WTF?LOL and just to say thanks 

This is important since it gives an idea to people about the solution.
This means; "yes, some people are trying this way of solution and it works"
Home of Elmacik

nunolourencoo

Hi, how do I run that sorts of codes?through my php administrator or somewhere in the forum admin area?

babjusi

Quote from: nunolourencoo on September 29, 2007, 03:43:58 PM
Hi, how do I run that sorts of codes?through my php administrator or somewhere in the forum admin area?

At the phpmyadmin in the Control Panel of your host

greyknight17

It's at phpMyAdmin as mentioned above...choose your forum database and then click on the SQL tab.

kenang82

I am having the same problem but how do you run the query? Can you teach me step by step?

Advertisement: