News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to align the forum "Left"? width < 600

Started by roboter, February 20, 2006, 03:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roboter

Hello,
since 3 days i try to align diffrent 1.1RC2 themes, "left" sided.
I tried a custom theme, the default and classic but always once i change "center" to "left" the template breaks.

Is there a theme for 1.1 RC2 where you can align the theme left on the screen?
Besides the "align" value, which style tag or whatever is causing this big problem?

I used SMF till 1.0 and never had alignment issues, if there is something new i need to know in order to manipulate themes with SMF, i think any info is great here, thanks.
And yes i read the Changelog and stickys in here - nothing is related to this!

Extendend problem descrription:
I used a FRESH /CLEAN out of the box shipped theme and just changed 1 "center" inside the index.template.php to "Left". Changeing more doesnt helps.
And i tried the "div" tag solution which is posted here somewhere (see link)!
I want a fixed width of 590 pixel - left aligned!

More relevant infos: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=71908.0

Theorys:
I encountered at least 2x 600width values in the scripts inside theme/default, maybe there are more width values inside the core files, which needs to change in order to get a 590 overall width?
And im aware that i need to change width values at least in admin, member(table listing); Profile to make it fit to 590 overall width.

Normally this problem occures when using div positioning OR float commands, which is not the case here in any style.css!

Please help me!

Cheers

roboter

*bumb* No one?

Come on guys! Please tell me how simple this is or ...at leats "yeah i have the same problem .." Anything! ^^

Hello ?

forsakenlad

Just put it inside a div which has the style="width: whateverpx;" ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

roboter

Ok thanks forsakenlad,
i got it now!
But only because i increased the overall width to 650px.
The default themes - most SMF themes are basicly not designed for a width ~ below 600px eg. 590.
With that width the given "%" values inside the hall thme files break, specially admin, post, member and the footer seems to break too.

Cheers

Advertisement: