News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Helios Multicolor

Started by Bloc, March 08, 2006, 08:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

What exactly does it look like? And where? Screenshots or links would be nice. :)

bud01100

Admin>Themes and settings>Current Theme

I had posted the issue over at your Web.

Enclosed is a screen shot of the problem with the things showing twice and the "show only numbers" default.

Disregard the alignment problem.. That was IE8 being in non compat mode.

bloc

Yes, duke..I know about these :)

I was more reffering to this post:

Quote from: bedeceived on July 07, 2011, 03:02:47 AM
Also just curious, not sure if it's a problem with the theme or just SMF but if I have a large entry in a table such as a large emoticon, I can't see all of the categories because they're pushed out of view.  I have a large emote, and i can't see any checkboxes now.  Is there an easy fix for changing the width of these settings tables?

Is it the same as described in duke's post?

bud01100

Quote from: Bloc on July 08, 2011, 07:03:24 AM
Yes, duke..I know about these :)

I was more reffering to this post:

Quote from: bedeceived on July 07, 2011, 03:02:47 AM
Also just curious, not sure if it's a problem with the theme or just SMF but if I have a large entry in a table such as a large emoticon, I can't see all of the categories because they're pushed out of view.  I have a large emote, and i can't see any checkboxes now.  Is there an easy fix for changing the width of these settings tables?

Is it the same as described in duke's post?
My appologies, There is/was alot going on.

Yes the Admin>smilies and emotioncons>Edit Smiley screen gets blown out to the right, if the code/filename/tooltips desc are long enough and move the margins over.  It wont let you scroll over either. The temp fix was to reduce the browser resolution to 75% or less to bring everything into the view.

I think it did that in the previous version of Helios as well(non 2.0) as well as the core themes (2.x) 

When the new smilies were setup however, some of the admins were giving them 20 char names, etc. I have since shortened them down to fix it.

bloc

Maybe a simple overflow CSS value is needed then. (sigh, why is so many smaller tweaks needed for something as trivial as overflow in the default theme.. ::) :P )

bedeceived

I really want to be able to see the members viewing topics.  :'(

bud01100

Quote from: bedeceived on July 09, 2011, 07:23:44 PM
I really want to be able to see the members viewing topics.  :'(
If you know what you're doing in the DB, you can set that value. But everytime someone saves that current theme page it will default back.

braddasexy

Is there a way to shut off guests being able to print forum posts?  I have seen some things talk about removing it in the Display.Template.php but this theme doesn't have it.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks so much!

bud01100

Quote from: braddasexy on July 13, 2011, 07:56:38 PM
Is there a way to shut off guests being able to print forum posts?  I have seen some things talk about removing it in the Display.Template.php but this theme doesn't have it.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks so much!
Do you want them to be able to view the topic?

braddasexy

Quote from: thedukeisnotdead on July 13, 2011, 11:53:27 PM
Quote from: braddasexy on July 13, 2011, 07:56:38 PM

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks so much!
Do you want them to be able to view the topic?

Yes I want them to be able to view but not print.

ATLANTIS29

ok i set something up to show "code" and when the post is submit the text is white in a white box how do i fix this?

bloc

Quote from: ATLANTIS29 on August 15, 2011, 12:26:36 PM
ok i set something up to show "code" and when the post is submit the text is white in a white box how do i fix this?
Is this on a regular post..or in a portal block/article/module?

ATLANTIS29

infoseeker

Its a nice theme but we cant run vnes integration mod by this theme.

I think that impossible to run the mod by using this theme.

If its possible then plz suggest me which steps or process is required for that?

Thanking you.

bloc

Quote from: ATLANTIS29 on August 15, 2011, 04:07:43 PM
normal post
AFAIK the "code" style is working as it should. Do you have a link that shows this? I also need to know what browser you are using.

bloc

Quote from: infoseeker on August 16, 2011, 03:40:07 AM

If its possible then plz suggest me which steps or process is required for that?

Thanking you.
Well..i don't know the details on theses mods and whats required, but one step is to look in the mod install files to see what its trying to do. Also, seeing where and what code fails when you test it through package manager would be helpful.

The quickest way is to simply delete those tempaltes that "fails", except index.template. The theme will look more plain, but at least the mods will work.

ATLANTIS29

Quote from: Bloc on August 16, 2011, 08:35:31 AM
normal post
AFAIK the "code" style is working as it should. Do you have a link that shows this? I also need to know what browser you are using.

im Using FF 5.0
http://pokemon.anime-roleplay.co.uk/index.php?topic=3.0
that's the test site

infoseeker

Quote from: Bloc on August 16, 2011, 08:37:54 AM
Quote from: infoseeker on August 16, 2011, 03:40:07 AM

Thanking you.
Well..i don't know the details on theses mods and whats required, but one step is to look in the mod install files to see what its trying to do. Also, seeing where and what code fails when you test it through package manager would be helpful.

The quickest way is to simply delete those tempaltes that "fails", except index.template. The theme will look more plain, but at least the mods will work.

Brother, vnes integration mod requires dropdown menu. It only shows .nes roms in dropdown menu to play like super contra, arthur robin. Super maria bros. Etc. So, its useful for some Gaming forums.

So is there anyway to run the mod with this theme?
Plz help me. Which steps required for that.

Anyway its a Great theme.
Thanks for creating this.

ATLANTIS29

Been messing about abit and when i change this part

/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg
{
        font-family: verdana, helvetica, serif;
        color: #ffffff;
        background-color: #303030;

to this

/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg
{
        font-family: verdana, helvetica, serif;
        color: #000000;
        background-color: #303030;

it makes the text in the code tags black but also the main body text black

bloc

Quote from: ATLANTIS29 on August 16, 2011, 11:29:06 AM
Quote from: Bloc on August 16, 2011, 08:35:31 AM
normal post

im Using FF 5.0
http://pokemon.anime-roleplay.co.uk/index.php?topic=3.0
that's the test site

I found the error, I think, try adding this to Helios/style.css :
code.bbc_code
{
background: #222;
}

Advertisement: