News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Search Topic

Started by winrules, March 12, 2006, 05:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

URPG

Does it have to be changed to work with 1.1.2.?

winrules

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

NativePages

Quote from: winrules on February 13, 2007, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: URPG on February 13, 2007, 05:46:36 AM
Does it have to be changed to work with 1.1.2.?
No.

Question: I'm running 1.1.2, had to do a super clean out and reinstall all mods, but got everything working. Search Topic is the last mod I added after the cleanout. It installed, appears to be working, BUT ... on the package manager, it did NOT give me the uninstall option. Is this an upgrade issue, a package manager issue, or something that I can fix by adding a line or 12 of coding somewhere. If I can fix it, where and what do I add?

Thanks in advance! I had so much trouble with the uninstall options disappearing after the upgrade from 1.0.X to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 I just don't want to risk installing anything else if even one mod isn't 100%.
http://www.nativepages.com/tnindian
I came, I saw, I installed, I asked a million questions, but eventually I got it!

Farmacija

i install it on 1.1.2 and its work without any problem! very usefull mod !!!!
www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

Gourgi

winrules this mod is great but i think you should add uninstall info too ..  
Όσο ζώ, μαθαίνω ...

Farmacija

this mod sholud be implement into official smf forum special for topics that have 80+ pages...
www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

Matthew Schenker

This topic is interesting to me, as I am looking for ways to improve searching in my forum.  Recently, I have learned that the SMF search functions don't work as well as I had hoped. Perhaps this modification could help?

I'm running 1.1.2.

Thanks!

AllMassive

This Mod doesn't look like the one on the screenshot.
The search Button is not to the right of the searchfield - perhaps someone knows how to fix this ?
I'm running my Forum with Several Languages, but now the Search-Button is hardcoded to the "Display.template.php" - perhaps you could add multilang-support ?

Otherwise it seems to run fine  :D

shadow82x

Its pointless to run on 1.1.2 because with the quick search you can do it anyway.. o
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

maxgentino

How can i uninstall this mod?
Thanks

chep

Quote from: Gourgi on March 18, 2007, 08:57:05 PM
winrules this mod is great but i think you should add uninstall info too .. 

True.

TrueSatan

The uninstall issue is a  very minor fix...unpack the archive...open package-info.xml and change line 16 to:

<uninstall for="1.1 - 1.1.99">

Archive the folder again and it's done.

It doesn't get much easier...

chep

TrueSatan

My pleasure...below is an amended version as per my last posting...those who already have the mod installed and wish to uninstall it should first upload this version to their Packages directory replacing the existing file then uninstall via the package manager in the usual way.

If the uninstall is shown as a fail in the package manager testing then that merely means that another mod or mods have altered the files it seeks to address and you will have to use the information in the following link to uninstall manually by reversing the process there described.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402

kamili34

Great it works on 1.1.3  :P

kamili34

But when I install this mod I add

<install for="1.1.3,1.1 - 1.1.99"> and
<uninstall for="1.1.3,1.1 - 1.1.99">

:)

TrueSatan

It's not generally a good idea to do that as newer versions of SMF that don't exist at this time may not work with this mod and adding versioning, as you have suggested, makes an assumption that they will work with it.

kamili34

as you have suggested, makes an assumption that they will work with it.

I don't know what you think about  :)

TrueSatan

I don't understand your question; please restate it.

Advertisement: