News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Visual Warning Mod

Started by ruzster, March 12, 2006, 05:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaxXxoR

Quote from: Vinspire on May 19, 2006, 10:10:23 AM
Quote from: HaxXxoR on May 17, 2006, 03:54:07 PM
I am having a few problems with this my self.

Any Ideas??

I saw the pic that you post but i dont understand your problems as you didn't give any further explaination regarding the problems.

Well for one the Warn button isnt on the right hand side next to the other buttons and it doesnt look like the  other buttons either.
Droppin' shells like a hailstorm, and bodys like a plague!
Http://www.tasty-fragism.com

Crissm

Quote from: iv_nik on April 27, 2006, 03:25:16 PM
Quote from: iv_nik on April 27, 2006, 03:13:08 AM
During manual installation, running VisualWarningdb.php I have
QuoteError updating the DB. SQL Error: Invalid default value for 'ID'
in the 1st fnd 3rd line. In other lines there is Data Inserted Correctly! message.
1.1 RC2
Let's just assume that this string from readme is my case: "If you are unsure select "new SMF installation" and ignore any errors thrown up". And ignore it. Bingo! After 10 minutes copypasting from mod-file I've got fully working mod.

I got the same error, how can i fix it?
The problem is that the table dbprefix_postmoderation is not installed, and the mod doesn't work...
Error updating the DB. SQL Error: Invalid default value for 'ID'
Table: Duplicate column name 'warning' Already Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_pmod_edit' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_color_pmod' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_image_pmod' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_mess_pmod' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'moderationAutoTime' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'muteAutoTime' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'warningAutoTime' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_color_warn' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_image_warn' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_mess_warn' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_color_mute' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_image_mute' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_mess_mute' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_color_ban' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_image_ban' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_mess_ban' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.

HaxXxoR

Anyone help me with this???

Quote from: HaxXxoR on May 19, 2006, 04:23:22 PM
Quote from: Vinspire on May 19, 2006, 10:10:23 AM
Quote from: HaxXxoR on May 17, 2006, 03:54:07 PM
I am having a few problems with this my self.

Any Ideas??

I saw the pic that you post but i dont understand your problems as you didn't give any further explaination regarding the problems.

Well for one the Warn button isnt on the right hand side next to the other buttons and it doesnt look like the  other buttons either.
Droppin' shells like a hailstorm, and bodys like a plague!
Http://www.tasty-fragism.com

J. Williams

Just move the button code to after one of the other buttons :P
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

moo113

One error during install

1.     Execute Code     VisualWarningPdb.php     
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Karma.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Security.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
16.    Extract File    ./Sources/VisualWarning11.php    
17.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/VisualWarning.template.php    
18.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnban.gif    
19.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif    
20.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif    
21.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif    
22.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/members.gif    
23.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/buttons/im_visualw.gif

Running 1.1RC2 with pn-pn theme and the following mods:

Group Moderators
SMF Staff Page
Reason for Editing Mod
MySpace Field
Sticky First Post

J. Williams

It would either be 3rd or 5th mod causing that.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

sbclansite.com

Well i have modified the mod for my own forums and it showed some errors in karma.php and others

So download and try this edited version :

http://www.sbclansite.com/downloads/mods-smf/VisualWarning_v1.3.zip

If it works for you well and good if not you need to start editing file mannually.
The Mod , Modifier :). For Mods/Scripts/GameServer Installations contact me via http://www.forums.sbclansite.com <<Free Image hosting, Free WebHosting and Free Featured Listing available also.
Webhosting @ 1.55$ : http://www.a1whs.com
Free Seo Friendly Directory : http://www.sbclansite.com

K_4_kelly

i got this:

Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed

can anyone tell me how to edit this file manually?

thanks!!

Riotblade

Quote from: ukwalker on June 09, 2006, 07:45:17 AM
i got this:

Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed

can anyone tell me how to edit this file manually?

thanks!!

Open the mod file it comes with, it'll tell you what changes to make to which files.

---

*EDIT* my mistake

How would I turn off the "warn link" for guests?

Thanks

J. Williams

You would edit guest permissions :D
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

ametzler

I tried to install this and I only have have one error pop up when it tests everything and that's in the sources/post.php.  I have tried to edit the file by hand but I am really struggling.  I'm not sure if this is possible but would this work?  If I install it and then a willing person sends me a copy of the working sources/post.php that I just over write the oringinal?  I'm not sure if this would even work but if so, would anyone be willing to send me the post.php?  Also I am using the Amber theme.  Thank you for any and all help!!

Adam

Jessondair

I saw this asked and not answered earlier (and maybe that was an answer, lol)... but is there anything like this available for SMF 1.0.7? 

I need the ability to moderate ONE user's posts before they show up, and it looks like this would do it.

Vinspire

Quote from: meldog on June 21, 2006, 10:04:30 PM
I tried to install this and I only have have one error pop up when it tests everything and that's in the sources/post.php.  I have tried to edit the file by hand but I am really struggling.  I'm not sure if this is possible but would this work?  If I install it and then a willing person sends me a copy of the working sources/post.php that I just over write the oringinal?  I'm not sure if this would even work but if so, would anyone be willing to send me the post.php?  Also I am using the Amber theme.  Thank you for any and all help!!

Adam

Are you using SMF 1.1 RC 2 ? Can send over the file for me ? I might be able to have a look :)

tapirul

I tried to install it with the package manager and it didn't work (no error messages, nevertheless didn't install), therefore I tried to install it manually (following the directions)
I get this error message
Table: Duplicate column name 'warning' Already Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_pmod_edit' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_color_pmod' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_image_pmod' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_mess_pmod' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'moderationAutoTime' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'muteAutoTime' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'warningAutoTime' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_color_warn' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_image_warn' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_mess_warn' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_color_mute' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_image_mute' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_mess_mute' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_color_ban' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_image_ban' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.
Table: Duplicate entry 'visualw_mess_ban' for key 1 Allready Exists, Skipping.

Those in red appeared first tine (i tried manually twice, 'cause I forgot to save the error message first time)
What could I do to solve it?
Thanks a lot.

tapirul

ah, I see somebody already talked about that

Quote from: iv_nik on April 27, 2006, 03:25:16 PM
Quote from: iv_nik on April 27, 2006, 03:13:08 AM
During manual installation, running VisualWarningdb.php I have
in the 1st fnd 3rd line. In other lines there is Data Inserted Correctly! message.
1.1 RC2
Let's just assume that this string from readme is my case: "If you are unsure select "new SMF installation" and ignore any errors thrown up". And ignore it. Bingo! After 10 minutes copypasting from mod-file I've got fully working mod.
I'll try to see if it works.
Thanks

tapirul

I tried to copy/paste from the mod-file and I get a strange thing: the board is visible and it works if I login as a normal user, but becomes blank if I login as admin (I have two admin accounts, same with both)
???

...aha...
Quote....db.vizuina_postmoderation' doesn't exist

littleone

Is it possible to have this mod do a couple of things differently?

1) Dont show the warning message to the entire forum, instead 2) have it included in the PM they received.

This solves a couple of problems.  It keeps everyone from being nosy, and the warned person also recieves the reason why in the PM.  In 95% of the cases, I or the staff will delete the post in question, so the warned person doesnt know what was wrong.  Thanks ;)

Vinspire

Quote from: littleone on July 09, 2006, 11:42:42 AM
Is it possible to have this mod do a couple of things differently?

1) Dont show the warning message to the entire forum, instead 2) have it included in the PM they received.

This solves a couple of problems.  It keeps everyone from being nosy, and the warned person also recieves the reason why in the PM.  In 95% of the cases, I or the staff will delete the post in question, so the warned person doesnt know what was wrong.  Thanks ;)

I second this case. If it is possible make a setting for it on wether to publish it to the public or not. :)

Advertisement: