News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbirth

Quote from: kontol on August 08, 2006, 07:35:03 AM
Can this mods be install on SMF 1.0.7 ?

PLEASE, open your eyes. The answer is just 4 posts above your question.

There's no version for 1.0.7 and I think there will never be one. Why don't you upgrade to SMF 1.1rc2?

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

NEVER contact me via ICQ/MSN/whatever for support inquiries unless I told you to do so! Use the forum threads instead.
Only send PMs if you need to tell me sensitive data.

tL0z

I've installed the new version. There is a bug (also in the old one). The font size is not the same for Firefox and Opera. The Opera fonts are bigger. For ex: the Firefox's smal font size is the Opera's medium font size.

Also, I noticed today that when there is a new shout the window pops-up and there is a sound. How can I avoid this?

Could you please give me the name of the new "text variables" so I can modify my modifications.portuguese.php file?

mbirth

Quote from: tL0z on August 08, 2006, 08:27:39 AMI've installed the new version. There is a bug (also in the old one). The font size is not the same for Firefox and Opera. The Opera fonts are bigger. For ex: the Firefox's smal font size is the Opera's medium font size.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;-) Just select one of the fixed font-sizes in the SMF settings. ("8pt" should be nice.)

Quote from: tL0z on August 08, 2006, 08:27:39 AMAlso, I noticed today that when there is a new shout the window pops-up and there is a sound. How can I avoid this?

Just made that switchable in Sbox-Options... Download the newest version and install it. (Uninstall old one first!)

Quote from: tL0z on August 08, 2006, 08:27:39 AMCould you please give me the name of the new "text variables" so I can modify my modifications.portuguese.php file?

Look into Modifications.english.php and search for "$txt['sbox_". Do the same with Help.english.php and "$helptxt['sbox_" and add these variables to your Help.portuguese.php.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

NEVER contact me via ICQ/MSN/whatever for support inquiries unless I told you to do so! Use the forum threads instead.

denislici

Quote from: denislici on August 06, 2006, 06:47:08 AM

i installed the fist shoutbox but there is no shoutbox table... i mean the shoutbox is but not its table, here is http://image05.resimlerim.us/files/1/3d132f2d-Untitled-2_copy.jpg .... and how can i add smileys ???
Love the Creature for Creator's sake. (English)
Duje Krijesen per hire te Krijuesit. (Albanian)
Yaradılan'ı sev Yaradan'dan ötürü. (Turkish)
Ami la Creatura per ce la creato il Creatore. (Italian)

Piwaille

Hello !

Will the new version be on the SMF official pages ?
cause when I search it... they still propose the 1.04

:( It's useless to have a nice mod manager able to detect updates... if updates are not publiched :'(<
Piwaille
le chant du vario est motorisé par SMF 1.1.15

littleone

Suggestion:

All Admins and Mods to be able to delete shouts (I have this manually now) but it would be nice to see this option via the permissions...

Also how about the ability for mods and admins to edit shouts?  This would certainly be nice (or even allow members to do this, like by editting an [EDIT] by default behind all the shouts (but only mods/admins can see them on all shouts, and then the members can see it on their own shouts only.

Just some suggestions and I think this is about all this mod is still lacking.

tL0z

Quote from: mbirth on August 08, 2006, 08:59:55 AM
Quote from: tL0z on August 08, 2006, 08:27:39 AMAlso, I noticed today that when there is a new shout the window pops-up and there is a sound. How can I avoid this?
Just made that switchable in Sbox-Options... Download the newest version and install it. (Uninstall old one first!)
I've installed the lastest version but there isn't anything about that in the admin panel.

mbirth

Quote from: tL0z on August 09, 2006, 06:28:00 AMI've installed the lastest version but there isn't anything about that in the admin panel.

Maybe clear your browser's cache and redownload the package. The checkbox should be right below the font-settings.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

haeggar99

Your modification of Deeps shoutbox works like a charm. Awesome job on that, Markus - thanks a lot  :)

Piwaille

Hello

I've jsut upgraded to 1.10...
I just can say "wow". What a nice job ;D
Piwaille

mbirth

Quote from: denislici on August 06, 2006, 06:47:08 AMi installed the fist shoutbox but there is no shoutbox table... i mean the shoutbox is but not its table, here is http://image05.resimlerim.us/files/1/3d132f2d-Untitled-2_copy.jpg .... and how can i add smileys ???

Sorry, I don't get it what you mean. The screenshot looks fine to me. And you can add smileys in the new version 1.10 (Download here) using SMF's built-in smiley manager.

Quote from: piwaille on August 08, 2006, 11:30:30 AMWill the new version be on the SMF official pages ?
cause when I search it... they still propose the 1.04

:( It's useless to have a nice mod manager able to detect updates... if updates are not publiched :'(<

There are so many new features that I wanted some feedback before releasing the new version to the rest of the world. Looks like I can post it to the official package manager soon.

Quote from: littleone on August 08, 2006, 05:18:31 PMAll Admins and Mods to be able to delete shouts (I have this manually now) but it would be nice to see this option via the permissions...

I'm trying to keep the count of need-to-be-changed-files as low as possible. Adding an extra permission just for this would be a bit too much. But maybe I'll add some field to the Sbox-Options where you can enter User-IDs who are permitted to delete shouts.
Also I'm thinking about a similar thing to disable BBCode-parsing for some people...

Quote from: littleone on August 08, 2006, 05:18:31 PMAlso how about the ability for mods and admins to edit shouts?  This would certainly be nice (or even allow members to do this, like by editting an [EDIT] by default behind all the shouts (but only mods/admins can see them on all shouts, and then the members can see it on their own shouts only.

Why? It's a shoutbox. It's for some smaller chats and mostly "Hello world!"-messages. You also cannot edit messages you sent via ICQ or MSN ... can you? ;-)

Quote from: haeggar99 on August 10, 2006, 06:47:42 AMYour modification of Deeps shoutbox works like a charm. Awesome job on that, Markus - thanks a lot  :)
Quote from: piwaille on August 10, 2006, 07:07:17 AMI've jsut upgraded to 1.10...
I just can say "wow". What a nice job ;D

Thanks a lot. I'm giving my best... ;-)

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

EDIT: I just posted the new version to the package directory: here.

Piwaille

hello once again

I've got just one litlle question... (I may have not understand the way it function)

Just after having installed it, i've made some tries...
one my forum (with default font colors : #000000 and #476c8e )(I havant changed it yet) when I post a kink (using the BBCode url)... it hard to see the link ...

So I've tried to change the CSS defintion of A into the sboxDB.php from
A {
      text-decoration: none;
    }

to
A {
      color: #FFFF00;
    }

I've tried several combinaison for my new definition of A , refreshing between each trie

so my question : how do I change CSS définition ? (for the text inside the shoutbox)
what do I do wrong ??
Piwaille

tL0z

Quote from: mbirth on August 09, 2006, 06:42:10 AM
Quote from: tL0z on August 09, 2006, 06:28:00 AMI've installed the lastest version but there isn't anything about that in the admin panel.

Maybe clear your browser's cache and redownload the package. The checkbox should be right below the font-settings.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

The package is right because it as the new features like the history. I've cleared the cache but there isn't still nothing about that.

mbirth

Quote from: piwaille on August 10, 2006, 08:10:19 AMJust after having installed it, i've made some tries...
one my forum (with default font colors : #000000 and #476c8e )(I havant changed it yet) when I post a kink (using the BBCode url)... it hard to see the link ...

so my question : how do I change CSS définition ? (for the text inside the shoutbox)
what do I do wrong ??

Try this:

DIV.EvenLine A[target="_blank"], DIV.OddLine A[target="_blank"] {
      text-decoration: none;
      color: blue;
    }

Looks like the DIV takes precedence over the A ... so you have to specify, that you mean links inside these DIVs. And to not also make the links to the userprofiles blue, I only selected links which open in a new window.

I think I'll leave that code so that it appears in the next version.

Quote from: tL0z on August 10, 2006, 08:13:40 AM
Quote from: mbirth on August 09, 2006, 06:42:10 AM
The package is right because it as the new features like the history. I've cleared the cache but there isn't still nothing about that.

History feature was added before the "Sound"-checkbox. Nevertheless, my package here definately contains the new option.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

Piwaille

thanks a lot... I will try (but I don't worry... it should work)

for tl0z : maybe you use an other language (than english) ?
so you have to add the rights translation (or at least txt) from themdir/default/language/Modification.english.php to your langage file

tip for -mARKUS : If you séparate your language files, we could give you translation (for me into french) quite simply ?
it's not very difficult but it's could be helpfull ?
Piwaille

littleone

is there a way to make the history visible to everyone? but not the "Clear History" part?

just wondering.  This is fanastic.  I just upgraded to the 1.10 for 1.04, its great!

littleone

Quote from: Deep on May 21, 2006, 08:02:20 AM
Quote from: littleone
Id also like to see membergroup specific permissions so that I can grant my moderators the ability to delete shouts.
I am sorry, but i do not have the time to do that.
I have no experience with this part of SMF.
I can not guarantee that it works, but if you want all moderators to be able to delete shouts, try to replace in sboxDB.php any occurany of:

$context['user']['is_admin']

with:

allowedTo('moderate_forum')

This used to work before.  I tried it again on the 1.10 and it didnt work, was wondering if you could tell me what will work for my personal preferences.  My forum is entirely to large and I cant be around 24/7 so I need my mods to be able to delete shouts (should the need arise).  Thanks

tL0z

The link for download doesn't work  ::)

MrsZippy

Hello  :) I'm new to SMF, kinda stumbled across it by accident but have decided to give it a trial. Have been using PhpBB2 for a while and have just got the shoutbox working on there.

I'm trying to install this shoutbox on the SMF board that we're trialing but keep getting this error when trying to install it via the package manager
QuoteSorry, but the SMF Shoutbox Mod doesn't support your SMF version!

Any ideas as to what we're doing wrong  :(

tL0z

The shoutbox is only compatible with SMF 1.1 RC2. You are using another version.

Advertisement: