News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleone

Quote from: Kiwitje on September 06, 2006, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: littleone on September 06, 2006, 04:18:14 PM
Quote from: Kiwitje on September 06, 2006, 04:04:59 PM
Now still, I can't see any options in Features and Options... Only 2 white boxes and 1 empty dropdown menu...
What to do about it ?
Check your Soruces/ModSettings.php

Make sure you didnt duplicate your code (or missing your code)

What code?

Go to your package manager, browse packages, find the shoutbox, click on List Files and then click on the install file.  Then browse down to where it says "Modification" and then the file name of sources/ModSettings.php.  There it will give you the code.  Make sure that code is in your actual ModSettings file and make sure its not duplicated (or that the old version is still there, it would be the top of the two versions)

Kettu

Quote from: Skipdawg on September 06, 2006, 04:28:14 PM
So what is going on with this shoutbox that has it still unapproved by SMF staff?  ::)
We have no idea. :(

Quote from: runescapetrades on September 06, 2006, 08:21:18 PM
Hey, love the shoutbo... but everytime someone posts we get this error..

"Warning: htmlentities(): charset `ANSI_X3.4-1968' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /home/run58720/public_html/forum/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 91"

Any ideas?

thanks,
Nick
Sounds like a language problem. What language do you use?
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

nitins60

What about RC3? When will you port it to RC3. Please do it quickly

Kettu

Quote from: nitins60 on September 07, 2006, 01:45:53 AM
What about RC3? When will you port it to RC3. Please do it quickly
Only shoutbox 1.04 is for RC2, only. But Version 1.14 is for RC3 available \|/

nitins60

How can i add custom smileys, 1.04 smileys are very nice. I just want to add them. How can i use smileys? When i click on them, nothing s happening

Kettu

Quote from: nitins60 on September 07, 2006, 03:18:46 AM
How can i add custom smileys, 1.04 smileys are very nice. I just want to add them. How can i use smileys? When i click on them, nothing s happening
At 1.14 there are the board smilies used. So you can add smilies through your normal administration center.
At 1.04 you can upload Smilies wherever you want and just change the adresses at modifications.yourlanguage.php.

nitins60

Quote from: Kettu on September 07, 2006, 03:49:23 AM
Quote from: nitins60 on September 07, 2006, 03:18:46 AM

At 1.14 there are the board smilies used. So you can add smilies through your normal administration center.
At 1.04 you can upload Smilies wherever you want and just change the adresses at modifications.yourlanguage.php.

custom smileys not possibl n rc3? I need more smileys, i liked the way in 1.04. Hope you will change it n 1.14, please, i need to use more and more smileys instead of words.
Ex: :smile: :)

Kettu

Quote from: nitins60 on September 07, 2006, 04:19:19 AM
custom smileys not possibl n rc3? I need more smileys, i liked the way in 1.04. Hope you will change it n 1.14, please, i need to use more and more smileys instead of words.
Well, what do YOU mean with custom smilies? I mean, that the shoutbox 1.14 uses the custom smilies of the board (those you are also using for posting and where you can add as many as you want).

Azmodan

Quote from: Kettu on September 07, 2006, 01:18:09 AM
Quote from: runescapetrades on September 06, 2006, 08:21:18 PM
Hey, love the shoutbo... but everytime someone posts we get this error..

"Warning: htmlentities(): charset `ANSI_X3.4-1968' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /home/run58720/public_html/forum/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 91"

Any ideas?

thanks,
Nick
Sounds like a language problem. What language do you use?

I am having the same problem.  I use English.  This is what we get:

Warning: htmlentities(): charset `ANSI_X3.4-1968' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /var/www/html/blackwolf/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 91
[X][Thu 08:29] <Azmo> This is the problem we are having when we post.

It posts the message, but puts the warning right above it.  Any ideas how to fix it?

Kettu

Quote from: Azmodan on September 07, 2006, 08:30:59 AM

Warning: htmlentities(): charset `ANSI_X3.4-1968' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /var/www/html/blackwolf/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 91

It posts the message, but puts the warning right above it.  Any ideas how to fix it?
Is it only a problem you have or does all have this message?

nitins60

Quote from: Kettu on September 07, 2006, 08:00:30 AM
Quote from: nitins60 on September 07, 2006, 04:19:19 AM

Well, what do YOU mean with custom smilies? I mean, that the shoutbox 1.14 uses the custom smilies of the board (those you are also using for posting and where you can add as many as you want). 

forum needs some good/cool smileys, but in shout box, i need lot of smileys which i don't want them in posts. Any idea about increasing smileys in forum/board?

Kettu

Quote from: nitins60 on September 07, 2006, 09:15:41 AM
forum needs some good/cool smileys, but in shout box, i need lot of smileys which i don't want them in posts. Any idea about increasing smileys in forum/board?

Okay, now I know what you mean. And I have a good message. It is planned for 1.15 to add separate smilies for the shoutbox.

Quote from: mbirth on September 05, 2006, 07:04:26 AM
Next planned things:
-maybe separate smiley set for shoutbox only
-limit image-heights for BBCode-included images in shouts
-make a proposal

Azmodan

Quote from: Kettu on September 07, 2006, 08:54:43 AM

So far everyone gets it and sees it.

nitins60

Quote from: Kettu on September 07, 2006, 10:47:31 AM
Quote from: nitins60 on September 07, 2006, 09:15:41 AM

Okay, now I know what you mean. And I have a good message. It is planned for 1.15 to add separate smilies for the shoutbox.

Next planned things:
-maybe separate smiley set for shoutbox only
-limit image-heights for BBCode-included images in shouts
-make a proposal
when are you planning/going to release it? Can you make one mod - Reputation Mod, which is available in vB. Just like karma, but i love that feature with custom quotes..Simply good

Kettu

Quote from: nitins60 on September 07, 2006, 02:03:15 PM
when are you planning/going to release it? Can you make one mod - Reputation Mod, which is available in vB. Just like karma, but i love that feature with custom quotes..Simply good
I am just a shoutbox supporter, mbirth is the programmer.

runescapetrades

Quote from: Kettu on September 07, 2006, 08:54:43 AM

IVE FOUND THE ANSWER
ok, open up sboxdb.php in your forum directory, under "sources". Open up that file, go to line 181.. and look for this "      $result .= htmlentities($s, ENT_NOQUOTES, $context['character_set']);
    } else {"

Take that out, save the file, and replace it with the old sboxdb.php and then its fixed.. =) hope this has helped..
Nick
Runescape cheating forum
http://www.runescapetrades.com

Need to pimp out your myspace?
http://www.myspace-pimpers.com

Another runescape cheating forum, focus's more on bot development & macros
http://www.sythe-fagex.com

Free runescape downloads & guides
http://www.rstrades.com

Tuan

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sbox() (previously declared in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/Sources/Subs.php:3437) in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/Sources/Subs.php on line 3444

hi all ! i got that thing! when i was installs a sbox mod !

:) plz help me out ?

littleone

Quote from: Tuan on September 09, 2006, 12:47:35 AM

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sbox() (previously declared in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/Sources/Subs.php:3437) in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/Sources/Subs.php on line 3444

hi all ! i got that thing! when i was installs a sbox mod !

:) plz help me out ?

the code that is in the sources/subs.php files is in there two times.  Find it and delete one of the two (the whole section of the code)

kyt

Quote from: kyt on September 03, 2006, 05:48:08 PMgot 1.13 installed on RC3
everything works great except the smilies show up as the alt text in firefox
Works fine in IE
[...]
do I have a setting jacked up maybe?
the smiles work fine in the forum posts though

ideas?

Maybe some extension in FF which modifies pages? (Don't know the name atm, but there was something...) Or an ad-blocker. Looks like it has to be something with FF as Opera also shows everything correct.

I do use the Adblock extension on all 3 of my FF installations (PC, laptop, and portable app [nofollow] on thumbdrive).
I whitelisted my entire site on my PC installation, and it still only shows the alt text for the image.
If I switch to the IE Tab [nofollow] view emulation it shows the images.
So you're saying its just a problem with the browser itself?
Does anyone else's site have this problem when viewed with FF?
If the images show up in forum posts, and they show up in the bar above the shoutbox, why would they not show up in the actual shout?

I'm on lunch right now, I'll try to the 1.14 update (if i have time  :'( ) once I get back to work.

TGB

where can i change the border class so it will use a different border image?
www.dreamcasthaven.com <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.psxhaven.com <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.romhaven.info <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.bthaven.com <----- Running TT 2.06

Advertisement: