News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnix

Quote from: Garou on July 01, 2009, 01:23:17 PM
The best I can recommend is using the package parser and removing the mod manually. You will also want to double check for everything again even after its been removed as it seems as if there are some parts left behind from a previous uninstall.

Thanks - triple checking worked  ;D

Angelina Belle

In an earlier post, I thought I had found a work-around for a bug:
Quote from: AngelinaBelle on June 04, 2009, 02:56:45 PM
Bug
Contents of selection field replace contents of preceding text field ...

But I have discovered that I haven't fixed the problem.  No matter what I do now, some custom profile field is overwriting the contents of some other custom profile field.  It is very confusing.  I'm working with 4 text fields and one selection.  I keep adding, removing, and reordering fields to see what kind of behavior I get, and I can't figure out the pattern.  One of the earlier text fields comes back with exactly the same contents as one other field, but I can't predict which one will take the hit.

Has anyone else seen this bug?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Kindred

it sounds like you have at least two fields that are sharing the same ID...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Angelina Belle

Quote from: Kindred on July 14, 2009, 02:12:45 PM
it sounds like you have at least two fields that are sharing the same ID...
D'oh!  That's it!  Those field IDs are automatically generated, so I completely ignored them.
I didn't check to see if the mod repeated any of them!
But that's exactly what has been happening.  Sometimes, a new field gets an old field ID.  But not always. And I've been doing quite a bit of fiddling to try to figure out what's going on.  All without looking at the field ID.

Rationalizing the field IDs seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for suggesting the bleeding obvious.
AB
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Jimbo123

I installed the mod automatically and everything went fine. I checked that it was installed and all is good.

Unfortunately, I still cannot use it because I cannot find it under "Features and Options".  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Garou

If you are  using a custom theme you have to manually make the changes for the default theme on your custom theme.

Skuggan

Hi,

I got a question about this mod, I was told it could be used in this way.

I want a field for birthdate upon registering to my website, and then have it applied to the already existing birthdate field in the users profile. So that users dont have to manually change their profile to add their birthdate.

Like for example

Birthdate: field  field  field
Year (YYYY) - Month (MM) - Day (DD)

Jimbo123

I am on the default theme.  Any other ideas I might be able to try?

Quote from: Garou on July 23, 2009, 06:05:03 AM
If you are  using a custom theme you have to manually make the changes for the default theme on your custom theme.

Kindred

Skuggan, no, that is not how this mod works. This mod ads additional fields, it makes no changes to the existing fields and has no effect on the existing fields.

Jiimbo, what language are you using?  remember english and english utf-8 are different
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jimbo123

That did it!  I guess the English utf-8 is the default since I had never touched that.

Dude, thanks so much for that tip!  --- Jimbo

Quote from: Kindred on July 23, 2009, 08:43:04 PM
Jiimbo, what language are you using?  remember english and english utf-8 are different

King Death II

Hello, im having the smae problem as Jimbo, what do I do?

Kindred

Quote from: King Death II on July 25, 2009, 05:53:59 PM

try using search?

but if you need it handed to you, change your forum language to english
Слaва
Украинi

SimpleJoe

Hello, I'm trying to display one of the custom profile fields on the Admin -> Members page ( within ManageMembers.template.php )

I tried ', $member['default_options[CP5]'], ' but with no luck

any ideas?
Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

Claine

Is it possible to create URL fields like the default one for Website (That is, one field for the title, one for the actual URL)

TheEnemy42

Hi,

I've tried to search the topic for any hints without luck so here goes: Is there any current way to get some statistics on the custom fields. For example if there are a couple of checkboxes, could you see how many have filled in each of the checkboxes?

If this doesn't exist then any hints as to where and how the data is saved in the database would be most welcomed so I can create a separate page for it myself.

Thanks in advance.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe producing bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning.

Angelina Belle

So I've got my users using custom profile fields.
And I want to upgrade to SMF 2.0 pretty soon now -- RC1 seems to be progressing well.

Should I be investigating the SQL for creatiing SMF2.0 profile fields to match this mods' profile fields and stuffing the data in, or would I be reinventing the wheel -- is somebody more savvy than me already working on this?

Thanks for the info

AB

steelsheen

Quote from: Kindred on July 25, 2009, 07:13:55 PM
Quote from: King Death II on July 25, 2009, 05:53:59 PM

try using search?

but if you need it handed to you, change your forum language to english

Same prob as Jimbo had. Under default it is english utf8, only option available, is this correct?

What exactly did you do to get it working, Jimbo?

Harvester

I have this installed and it worked great but ever since I installed Ultimate Profile it doesnt work. I know i need to edit something for it to work with ultimate profile but im not sure what.

May I get some help please? or am I in the wrong thread? :D

Rumbaar

Quote from: steelsheen on August 06, 2009, 03:01:35 PMSame prob as Jimbo had. Under default it is english utf8, only option available, is this correct?
You only have english-utf8 under the language dropdown option in your server settings?

You would have gotten numerous installation errors when installing mods that needed the english only language files to install into?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

steelsheen

QuoteYou only have english-utf8 under the language dropdown option in your server settings?

Yes, Rumbaar, english-utf8 is the only option. English IS in the language folder though.

I don't have any errors showing.

I have def gray theme installed and that's what I usually use but I'm on the default theme right now

What's installed:

Select Admin for Notifications -  works fine
Custom Profile Field Mod - not working
1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update
1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update
1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update

OK I lied I am getting errors:

Undefined index: cp_cpfields
File: /home/userID/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php
Line: 142

Unable to load the 'CustomProfile.english-utf8' language file.

------------------

Any Ideas?

Advertisement: