Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastlane65

OK - I'm new at this but I got the mod to install and have browsed thru some of the code but have gotten myself lost.

I have added custom fields but they are showing up twice on the user registration page.  Where do I fix this?

Thanks.

Kindred

sounds like you double installed the mod... 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fastlane65

Yes, that is probably what I did.

How do I fix that?  I'm pretty sure I can't double uninstall.

Kindred

no, you'll have to manually go through the edited files and remove duplicate coding.   Look at the manual installation instructions on the mod page and check each file for double coding.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fastlane65

Thanks.  Wasn't so hard after all.  Just needed an experienced hand to push in the right direction.

LIGHTFRAG

Very good mod, but..
Here is a bug in Custom Field Mod - don't check for maxinum allowed charasters in field
Please fix
Thanks

Miguelxj

Hello,

I've just installed this mod and have a few questions:

1- I have to switch language to English to be able to edit the fields. Will they be accessible on registrations once I swap to Portuguese?
2- The main reason to install this mod is to make every new member fill out their Location. Would it appear as a double field in the profile if I create a new "Location" field with this mod?

Thanks in advance, for your help.

Kindred

1- no...  you will have to add the Portuguese text strings to your modifications.portuguese.php

2- yes, if you create a new field, location, it will be doubled in the profile, since SMF already has a location field.
Слaва
Украинi

Miguelxj

Quote from: Kindred on April 07, 2010, 12:34:33 PM
1- no...  you will have to add the Portuguese text strings to your modifications.portuguese.php

I'm a quick learner and a lover of the DIY, could you give me some hints so I can get started? :)

Quote from: Kindred on April 07, 2010, 12:34:33 PM
2- yes, if you create a new field, location, it will be doubled in the profile, since SMF already has a location field.

Anyway to go "around" question #2? :P

I once found on this forum a way to - manually - edit the php files and display the "location" field on the register form and make it mandatory, but for some reason it would only work with Firefox, thats why I nixed it and reverted to the original form. I searched again and couldnt find that info...

On my forum it is very important to source / discriminate the location of each member. Any other suggestion to accomplish this?

Thanks again for the input.
Miguel

EDIT: I could "delete" the standard Location field on SMF, right? And then create one with this mod. This would solve my problem...

Kindred

you probably want
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1651

as for the text strings, look in modifications.english.php, find the text strings for this mod and copy them into modifications.portuguese.php, then translate them in that file.
Слaва
Украинi

Miguelxj

Quote from: Kindred on April 07, 2010, 01:50:42 PM
you probably want
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1651

as for the text strings, look in modifications.english.php, find the text strings for this mod and copy them into modifications.portuguese.php, then translate them in that file.

Thats a no-go...

I've installed the mod, edited the PT file you refered to and still nothing... :(

Shouldnt I be modding also the .php file that is used for the registering form?

Thanks

baijianpeng

hi,     winrules ,

Your Custom Profile Field Mod is very good. I want to use it on my SMF 2.0 RC3 forum, but it can't support SMF2 now.

Will you make one for SMF2?

Thanks.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

Kindred

the feature is built in to SMF 2.0 so, no, this mod will not be updated.
Слaва
Украинi

baijianpeng

Sorry, I did not noticed that.

I will try to find this option out.

Thanks.

Sorry again, I tried but I can't find the Custom Field option, could you please give me some tip?

Thanks.

Arantor

Admin > Configuration > Core Features > turn on 'Advanced Profile Fields'.

baijianpeng

Thank you, now I found this in "Core Features" and turned it on.

But, how can I add a new custom field?

BTW, I really think the SMF2 team had a bad design for this feature, it is so difficult to find it!!!!

Arantor

Once you've enabled it, and pressed save, "Advanced Profile Fields" is a clickable link to the configuration.

baijianpeng

The designer for this feature is a genius!  he just know how to make an feature so difficult to find and configure.

Thanks for your help.

This stupid method just cost me almost 60 minutes in the admin area!!!!

Jeff B

I'm trying to get information from one of my custom profile fields to show up in a modification on our members management page.  We implemented manual registration approval, and one of out custom profile fields that shows up on the registration page is "why do you want to join our forum" which is Id CP1.

We want that information to appear on the manage member approval page. Currently we have to go to the member profile to see it, then back to the approval page. I have everything I need other then getting the custom field information to show up.  :-\  Any Ideas?

What I have is this in MangeMembers.template.php

else
{
foreach ($context['members'] as $member)
echo '
<tr>
<td class="windowbg2" width="5%">', $member['id'], '</td>
<td class="windowbg">
<a href="', $member['href'], '">', $member['username'], '</a>
</td>
<td class="windowbg"><a href="mailto:', $member['email'], '">', $member['email'], '</a></td>
<td class="windowbg2"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=trackip;searchip=', $member['ip'], '">', $member['ip'], '</a></td>
<td class="windowbg">', $member['dateRegistered'], '</td>
<td class="windowbg" width="5%">
<input type="checkbox" value="', $member['id'], '" name="todoAction[]" class="check" />
</td></tr>

<tr><td class="windowbg2"><b>', $member['username'], '\'s reason for joining:</b></td><td class="windowbg" colspan="4">' ,$member['options']['CP1'] , '</td>
</tr>';

I have also tried ' . $context['member']['options']['CP1'] . '   

Arantor

Or you could save yourself a lot of hassle and just use the 'Join Reason' mod...

Advertisement: