News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perplexed

Quote from: teamyakuza on April 21, 2007, 03:19:12 PM
i'm having some problem here

and i cant view "show under the post"

i use default theme

you have duplicate fields in there?   Perhaps you have added too many custom profile fields?

Also if you want it to show under posts, then you have to check that box when you configure each custom field :)  The option is there to show or not show.

dazlia

need some help gusy please? i'm new to this so please forgive me if my question sounds daft.

Ive downlaoded the custom profile mod and installed it through the packages section in the control panel. but hwo do i access the bit that lets me set the required fields when peopel are registering?

Any ideas please? cheerrs

perplexed

um in the admin control panel > features and options   look along the top and there will be a tab for custom profile fields

then you can make a CPF that goes on the registration form or not :)

dazlia

YEY !!!! IT WORKS !!

Just to let yuo all know........i was haivng the same problems in that id installed it and everythig looked ok but i couldnt find it in the admin panel.

So to all of you who cant get thsi to work do this..........

1 - Uninstall any previous version of the mod (custom field mod)
2 - Dowmlaod the latest version
3 - FTP the zip file and put it in your 'packages' folder.
4 - CHMOD that zip file to 777 so that the permissons are ok.
5 - Install it through the 'packages' section of your admin panel
6 - Make sure you change your language to 'English' and NOT 'English-Utf8'
Youll find the language option under 'server settings > Core Configuration'

Once youve done all that it should work and youll find your new custom field setting under the control panel 'FEatures and Options'.............you'll now see a new tab called 'custom profiel fields'

Any problems post and ill try and help out :)

teamyakuza

Quote from: perplexed on April 22, 2007, 10:34:10 AM
Quote from: teamyakuza on April 21, 2007, 03:19:12 PM
i'm having some problem here
[nofollow]

and i cant view "show under the post"

i use default theme

you have duplicate fields in there?   Perhaps you have added too many custom profile fields?

Also if you want it to show under posts, then you have to check that box when you configure each custom field :)  The option is there to show or not show.

how to delete the duplicate fields ?
i have choose show under posts but i cant view it

cableguy

Hi,

i don't know if this is asked somewhere in the last 77 (!) pages of this thread:

Where is the information stored, if the user selects any information in the configured fields ?

We have a Forum for Cars and we have configured some special fields about the cars of the users.

Now we want to have some statistics about the cars, but i need to know in which table the information is stored to do an sql-query.

I haven't found the information in the smf_members table.

thanks in advance.

Kindred

as stated at leats 4 times in the 77 pages of this thread...    the custom profile info is actually stored in the themes table.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cableguy

thanks....

but i can't find it  ???

I'm not able to select, which option is choosen by a specific amount of users.

EDIT: OK, i have found the information right now.

Thanks.

joh87swe

Hi,

I have problems on displaying custom fields in the forum posts. I have selected show in profile and show in posts but there's problems with the show in posts. I can see the custom fiels in private messages, in profiles... but not in forum posts. Am I missing something?

Cordially,
Johan

TrueSatan

Are you using a custom theme...if so does the system work properly in the default theme? Have you made sure that your forum is set to English and not English utf8 (that causes a lot of issues?)

If it works in the default theme then you need to look at the way you have adapted it for a custom theme...go through the files and check your code changes.

joh87swe

Yes, when I chose the default theme I have the custom fields in the forum (in posts).
My custom theme have these files:
BoardIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
index.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
Who.template.php

Which one should I modify?

Kindred

which explains your "problem"

As stated at least a dozen times in this (and nearly every other mod) thread, mods currently only install on the default theme. If you use other themes, you may have to manually apply the mod code to those themes, depending on what template files are affected.

in this case, Display.template.php is affected. (open the mod package, read the install.xml and apply the code to the correct locations.)   You can also run the mod through the package analyzer
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

azdeltice

Hi,

Is there any plan to add functionality to allow custom fields to display in the memberlist for sorting purposes?

joh87swe

Quote from: Kindred on April 26, 2007, 10:17:53 AM
which explains your "problem"

As stated at least a dozen times in this (and nearly every other mod) thread, mods currently only install on the default theme. If you use other themes, you may have to manually apply the mod code to those themes, depending on what template files are affected.

in this case, Display.template.php is affected. (open the mod package, read the install.xml and apply the code to the correct locations.)   You can also run the mod through the package analyzer
Yes thank you, was missing something in the modification in Display.template.php! Thank you!

rpalmer68

I need to extract member information to create a printed phone list.

I know I can use an SQL query to gather the data, but I just don't understand SQL enough to know how to use left or right joins or whatever they are to link the  members and themes tables together to get my data. (if that's what I need to do!)

I need to get the following:
From smf_members: realName, emailAddress
From smf_themes: CP_instrument, CP_homePhone, CP_workPhone, CP_mobilePhone, CP_homeAddress

Can somebody please help me with the SQL query to achieve this?

Many thanks
Richard
Sydney, Australia

husam

How can I make it to work on my custom theme? "Aa New Damage"

Perfektionist

I have a question similar to rpalmer68 above:

In which table can I find the additional profile data using phpmyadmin?

rpalmer68

Quote from: Perfektionist on April 28, 2007, 03:54:10 AM
I have a question similar to rpalmer68 above:

In which table can I find the additional profile data using phpmyadmin?

The table is smf_themes, the problem I'm having is extracting all the data!

I have the following SQL query working, but this only returns the Members Name, email and instrument, how do I now return the other data I need from smf_themes (CP_mobilephone, CP_homePhone etc) all in the one query?

SELECT smf_members.realName as NAME, smf_members.emailAddress as EMAIL, smf_themes.value as INSTRUMENT
FROM smf_members, smf_themes
WHERE smf_members.ID_MEMBER = smf_themes.ID_MEMBER AND smf_themes.variable = 'CP_instrument'

Regards
Richard

SMdot™

Quote from: daragor on March 31, 2006, 01:16:36 AM
some errors for me too in RC2

nice mod! fix it please

you fix it. haha all you have to do is add the codes from each file manually... and everythings working fine anyways...
especially since for non-default themes all you have to do is copy display.template.php etc... things like that from the default and replace those like ones in the non-default theme.

rpalmer68

OK, I've read through all 58 pages of this topoc and have determined that I can't gather the data directly with an SQL query but will need to create a .php page to generate and then display the data I need in the correct format.

So at this point I'm totally stuck!

I read a few posts about ssi and things but I'm afraid I'm totally new to all of this and it went right over my head.

Can somebody PLEASE give me the code I need to add and instruction on where I need to add it to achieve the following???

I need to create a printed membership phone list for a concert band I have setup to use SMF 1.1.2 with the custom profile mod.

I have custom fields setup as below;

CP_instrument, CP_homePhone, CP_workPhone, CP_mobilePhone, CP_homeAddress

So how do I create a page that displays a phone list that members could then print to get a hard copy

I really wold appreciate some guidance/help as I need to somehow get the data out so I don't have to maintain an XL spreadsheet as well just to print out a membership list for people.

Many thanks
Richard
Sydney, Australia

Advertisement: