Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyBarnacle

Thats very good info, thanks, I never knew how easy it would be to add fields.  And I have some very specific ideas that I've been wanting to do but couldnt find a mod anywhere close.

RustyBarnacle

So my question now is, how do we add a numeric field?

I tried based on what was there and a little googling on the number input type but I failed, was getting parse errors and whatnot on the test site I was playing with.

Rumbaar

Great mod, very concise!  Got it working nice on my 1.1.4 running ApolloBB theme.

One request, as it can display in both post and profile can there be an option made to assign an image/icon for display in the post image section and also have it post as plain text.  I've currently got HTML working fine for the before and after text to perform the creation of an image for the post display.  But it also display as just as an image in profile view.  Which isn't bad, but would like to have it operate like the web site does.  Text in profile, image in post display.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

++STi++

I really like this mod, I just have one question. Where is the data for the extra fields stored? I assumed it was in the SMF database under the member table but that is not the case. The reason that I am asking is because I am trying to add the extra field that i put in the profile so that it appears under the Member List. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kindred

the data is stored in the themes table.

This question has been answered at least 5 times in this very thread, including code to get the data from the table.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shumilica

So there is no way we can search custom fields? I have a forum for students and I want to be able to search for those users who selected 'year one' or 'class 4'. Is there any way of doing this? Because I want to see all the users that are 'year one' for example and send them an email... that would be very easy if they could select from the profile a membergroup they want... but this mos isn't available yet...
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Neorics

Quote from: shumilica on October 04, 2007, 10:55:17 AM
So there is no way we can search custom fields? I have a forum for students and I want to be able to search for those users who selected 'year one' or 'class 4'. Is there any way of doing this? Because I want to see all the users that are 'year one' for example and send them an email... that would be very easy if they could select from the profile a membergroup they want... but this mos isn't available yet...

it is available...
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on October 04, 2007, 10:53:42 AM
...including code to get the data from the table.

this means that once you get the data, you can do anything you want to/with it...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iLL WiZ

Quote from: Neorics on September 27, 2007, 10:08:16 AM

adding a custom field is easy
http://www.unknownbrackets.com/tutorials/custom-profile [nofollow]

that tut is really user friendly... i know cause i actually learned from it and you can place the custom field to anywhere you want and what ever permission you want...

When I go to the link the very first box they ask me to look for....  nothing is in it?  It says to add the "real name" stuff AFTER it....  After what?  Theres nothing in the first section to "look for".

I have completely jacked up my forums trying to install this 1 simple custom field mod.....  This stinks.

Neorics

if you cant make custom profile fields using that tutorial then you should install the custom profile field mod because it's easier to add custom fields that way?

what kind of fields do you want anyways?
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

perplexed

I have a question about what happens when SMF 2.0 is released if anyone knows.

2.0 will have the ability to create custom profile fields built in, right?  So what happens to all the data that we have entered in these custom profile fields in the database, using this mod?  I don't want to lose it all and have to get members to input it again.

Thanks

Kindred

well, 2.0 deals with custom profile stuff differently...

so, either this mod gets updated for 2.0 or someone creates a "converter" to convert this mod's data into 2.0 format.
Слaва
Украинi

moraidh

In the mod panel settings it says:

QuoteOnly allow admins to view field?

Is there a way to edit the code somewhere, so that a Global Moderator can see such a field too?

If so what do I edit and where?

Thanks in advance!

++STi++

Quote from: ++STi++ on October 04, 2007, 10:36:56 AM
I really like this mod, I just have one question. Where is the data for the extra fields stored? I assumed it was in the SMF database under the member table but that is not the case. The reason that I am asking is because I am trying to add the extra field that i put in the profile so that it appears under the Member List. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote from: Kindred on October 04, 2007, 10:53:42 AM
the data is stored in the themes table.

This question has been answered at least 5 times in this very thread, including code to get the data from the table.

OK, so i figured out how to get at the data.. But I am having a problem grabbing a custom field and displaying it on the Members List still. I have searched this thread and found nothing related to that, just info on how to grab the code in general. The Member's List uses some pretty complex coding (for me anyway... and I have pretty good php knowledge) and I haven't been able to get it to work... Anyone gotten this to work?

craig1969

I just installed SMF 1.1.4 and then installed this MOD, everything tested "successful" and I hit the install but after that where do I find the actual MOD to add fields?
I dont see anything in the Admin Panel or any where else that will link me to this MOD.

After I installed tis MOD I trien installing some others but keep getting "An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable! "

Any help would really be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Neorics

features and options

what mod are you trying to install?

TrueSatan

You need to go to ACP>Packages>Options>Installation Options and set the fields according to your hosting details then on the same page go to Cleanup Permissions and select All files Writeable and run the cleanup...check via ftp that CHMOD of all your files is now 777 or 775 according to the peculiarities of your hosting and if not recheck the settings you made in Installation Options and run the cleanup again...continue as needed until you get the right settings.

3mrhythm

anyone care to share a 1.1.4 version?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Kindred

it installs fine under 1.1.4
either change the install.xml file or use emulate_version...
Слaва
Украинi

perplexed

Quote from: Kindred on October 08, 2007, 09:17:39 AM
well, 2.0 deals with custom profile stuff differently...

so, either this mod gets updated for 2.0 or someone creates a "converter" to convert this mod's data into 2.0 format.

thanks Kindred

Advertisement: