Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

did you bother to READ any of the previous pages of this thread?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

adicrst

yes i did and someone complained that after multiple installations he/she got the same fields all over again. I dont know what version he/she usd so i want to know for the latest one.

msp88

Hi, there.

I have the exactly same problem with below

Quote from: Indy74 on December 19, 2007, 02:05:28 PM
I have installed it without any errors but when I click "Features and Options", i receive this error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyprofilesettings() (previously declared in /home/clubski/public_html/Sources/ModSettings.php:351) in /home/clubski/public_html/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 361

And after i've unistaled the mod, when i click to read some topic this error shows up:
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/clubski/public_html/Sources/CustomProfile.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5fcgi/lib/php') in /home/clubski/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1746) : eval()'d code on line 318
Any ideas of how to correct that?

and also I found the answer

Quote from: TrueSatan on December 19, 2007, 02:46:11 PM
You appear to have installed the mod more than once...you need to follow the process of a manual install but removing the duplicate code the mod has added.

I've not installed the mod more than once like Indy74 was.
However, I'm a newbie so something happened on my server. ???

Anyway, I wanna use this Mod and I guess I need to remove druplicate code.
the problem is that I don't know which code I have to remove.

Please help me!!

Sorry for my poor english  >:(

msp88

thanks a lot!

Now the mod is working!!!!!
I found three same code, which means I installed three times.

I'm happy to be able to use this Mod!!:D

rpalmer68

Hi everybody,

I've been using this mod for a while now and it's fantastic.

I now want to use the information in the database to be able to send a group SMS message to my active members.

I can do this with an http request in the following format;
https://www.SERVERNAME.com.au/sendsms/api_sms.php?username=USER&password=PASSWORD&mobilenumber=xxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxx&message=xxxxxx&sender=LCCB&messagetype=Text&referencenumber=001

I have 2 custom fields; CP_Active and CP_mobile

What I need is a form that has a text entry box for my message and then when I hit submit I then find all forum members with CP_Active=true and add their CP_mobile number to the string above and then post the request to actually send the SMS message.

Is anybody able to help me with a script to do this please?

Many Thanks
Richard

TigerRR

italian translation

CustomProfile.italian.php
<?php
// Don't translate FIELDNAME in the below string.
$txt['cp_enable'] = 'Abilita FIELDNAME';
$txt['cp_text'] = 'Testo';
$txt['cp_textarea'] = 'Area Testo';
$txt['cp_checkbox'] = 'Box di Controllo';
$txt['cp_selectbox'] = 'Box di Selezione';
$txt['cp_type'] = 'Tipo';
$txt['cp_addfield'] = 'Aggiungi un Campo';
$txt['cp_name'] = 'Nome';
$txt['cp_profileshow'] = 'Mostra nel Profilo?';
$txt['cp_dontshow'] = 'Non Mostrare';
$txt['cp_underpostcount'] = 'Mostra Sotto il Conteggio dei Post';
$txt['cp_underimages'] = 'Mostra dopo le Immagini';
$txt['cp_showposts'] = 'Mostra nei Post?';
$txt['cp_parsebbc'] = 'Processa BBC?';
$txt['cp_before'] = 'Testo da visualizzare prima del campo (BBC &egrave; funzionale se abilitato sopra)';
$txt['cp_after'] = 'Testo da visualizzare dopo il campo (BBC &egrave; funzionale se abilitato sopra)';
$txt['cp_fieldid'] = 'Campo ID';
$txt['cp_hrule'] = 'Aggiungi una linea orizzontale prima del campo?';
$txt['co_optinput'] = 'Input Opzionale';
$txt['cp_forceinput'] = 'Forza l\'Imput';
$txt['cp_showreg'] = 'Mostra il campo nella registrazione?';
$txt['cp_adminedit'] = 'Solo gli amministratori possono modificare il campo?';
$txt['cp_adminview'] = 'Solo gli amministratori possono vedere il campo?';
$txt['cp_recreate'] = 'Ri-creare campo';
$txt['cp_checked'] = 'Testo da visualizzare quando il box &egrave; controllato';
$txt['cp_notchecked'] = 'Testo da visualizzare quando il box non &egrave; controllato';
$txt['cp_show'] = 'Mostra';
// Don't translate OPTIONNUMBER in the below string
$txt['cp_option'] = 'Opzione OPTIONNUMBER';
$txt['cp_addoption'] = 'Aggiungi un opzione';
$txt['cp_cpfields'] = 'Campi Profilo Modificabili';
// Don't translate FIELDNUMBER in the below string
$txt['cp_fieldsettings'] = 'Impostazioni Campi Profilo Modificabili FIELDNUMBER';
// Don't translate FIELDNAME in the below string
$txt['cp_regerror'] = 'Non devi riempire il campo "FIELDNAME".';
$txt['cp_moveup'] = '[ Muovi Su ]';
$txt['cp_movedown'] = '[ Muovi Gi&uacute; ]';
$txt['cp_delete'] = '[ Elimina ]';
$txt['cp_unnamed'] = 'Campo Senza Nome';
$txt['cp_settings'] = '[ Impostazoni ]';
$txt['cp_hrsummary'] = 'Sul Sommario del Profilo';
$txt['cp_hredit'] = 'Sulla Schermata di Modifica del Profilo';
$txt['cp_onboth'] = 'Su Entrambi';
$txt['cp_desc'] = 'Campo Descrizione';
?>

;)

nycstude

There aren't any corresponding setting options for checkbox and selection box fields.
How can I create the needed values for these types of fields?
Thanks!
*Nevermind... I got it... had to save all then go back into settings; ok.

thepiston

hey, i'm merging forums so i'd like to upgrade from 3.16 to 3.17 to make sure everything is exact same from forum to forum - how do i just do an upgrade from 3.16 to 3.17?

TrueSatan

You would need to uninstall the old version and then install the new one...in fact the package contains the following text:

QuoteSorry, but there is no upgrade package from your version. Please uninstall the previous version, and install this version. You won't lose any data.

thepiston

AnimationEmpire

Hi, I really like your mod but have a question. How can I get the variable elsewhere. For example: if I have a field called Level how can I draw that variable for a member somewhere else. So that I can us it in a calculator or something of the sort,

Inque187

How would I include the forum account username in a link in a dropdown menu box link?

Example:
[url=http://www.somewebsite.com/somedata.php?value=forum_account_name]View Data Page[/url]

nycstude

the custom fields show up on the registration form, but not in the profiles or anywhere on the backend or frontend... even though "show in profile" is checked on settings! Help!
*tried doing the manual thing (searching through code, etc) but nothing worked.
I had changed templates after my initial install, so I tried to delete it, and it failed because it "wasn't located". So I re-uploaded a new installation via ftp, and it did locate it for a successful install although the module wasn't apply fields into the profile.
So I re-installed through the new template, and the install was successful, and the fields showed up on the registration, but again, the profile was unchanged...
so I uninstalled again and now I'm left with Nothing.

Is there ANY way to get rid/edit/add fields and apply it to both the profile and registration of a user without installing anything? Seems like this should be a back-end Standard. How can I do it? or.... how can I get this thing to WORK? The template I'm using is PDX-DK Theme by padexx.

Thanks.

TrueSatan

@ nycstude

Firstly templates and themes are completely different things in relation to SMF...best get the terminology right.

Begin by getting any mod to work in the SMF Default theme prior to doing anything with it in a custom theme...if it won't work for you in the default theme there's no point in trying to do anything with it in a custom theme. If the mod is working in the default theme then it is installed properly.

Some custom themes may not work well or be easy to use with some mods...if you can't get a particular custom theme to work then either contact the theme author for advice or try a different theme...mod authors may well have never seen or used the custom theme you have in mind and are not necessarily the best people to ask for theme advice.

Kindred

and nycstud...

regardless of what theme you have active when you install the mod, it only installs into the default theme automatically.

The reason it shows on reg and not in profiles is because your custom theme overrides the default profile.template.php but uses the default register.template.php.
In order to get this mod working for you, you will have to manually install it into your custom theme (at least profile.template.php and likely also display.template.php)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gothchics

I am a complete SMF virgin (a switchover from PhPbb) because this version offers so many options that are by far BETTER!  But I have run into issues with this mod.  It installed successfully and had no issues during the extraction and installation but the mod does not show up in the features and options section like it says it should.  I am running version 1.1.4 with the default theme.

Here are the current Mods (and their versions) that I have installed (including this one but this one is not there at all under any of the tabs in the features and options section:

1.    Are You Human? Anti-Bot Registration Check    1.0    
2.    SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update    1.0    
3.    Custom Profile Field Mod    3.17    
4.    Buy Me A Beer    1.4    
5.    Bookmarks    1.1    
6.    Profile Comments    1.3.6

I hope that I have included the right information, I don't receive an error message just the mod isn't there.  I've tried deleting it and re-installing.  I hope that someone knows of a fix for this?  (I do understand how PhP coding works so even if it's a manual fix I'm capable of doing such)

Thank you for making such an awesome forum format, I'll never go back to the other guys :)

April

Kindred

are you running in English (not english UTF-8, but plain old English)
Слaва
Украинi

TrueSatan

Kindred has asked exactly what I'd have asked...in case you don't know how to change over:

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

Klabautermann

One short question. Is it possible to search for the informations that are put in the fields?

Advertisement: