News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrCreatoR

Very usefull mod! Thanks.

I made a russian translation (attached to this topic).

korb

i installed the by loading and everything when smoothly,but just don't get to see it in feature and option.i'm using smf 1.1.5
i checked through the manual to see if any code were miss,but did not found any error since it auto installed by the forum.what might have gone wrong?thanks in advance for your help,pls be patient with me as i'm new to this smf.

hxxp:picfront.org/d/V5aiAtsM5D/ScreenShot.jpg [nonactive]

Rumbaar

You current default (or personal language) server language is the issue.  Most likely you are using English-utf8, change it to English and change your personal settings to just English (or disable the ability to choose your own language) and it should be fixed.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

korb

thanks rumbaar,you da man!!! thanks again.

eshap

Sorry for disturb,

I've one stupid question. I would like to see CP1 field value in the MemberList. Is it possible?

SOLVED

Kindred

of course... but you'll have to add the code to the memberlist file yourself...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bust_Ed

I've some troubles with this mod.

Custom Profile Fields

There are two "buttons". One is Add (link) and another Save (button).
When i press Add nothing happens, page just reloads. Then i go somethere outside of admin panel (e.g. to board index) and go back to Custom Profile Fields - wow, there's "Unnamed Field" appeared.
Ok, i press setting, change settings, press save and go to profile... There are _two_ same fields. I've checked code, there's only one DisplayFieldsProfile(); in profile.template.php (though i'm not sure if checked right place).
Now, i want to delete that field. Press delete - nothing happens, page reloads, and there's still that field. Ok, let's now add another one - press add and... first one disappeared and nothing new appeared...
And now i can't add any field... They just won't appear.

SMF 1.1.5 custom theme based on Orange-LT and russian, but those bugs ARE on default theme and english.

WildCherry

Quote from: Rumbaar on May 29, 2008, 06:30:21 PM
You current default (or personal language) server language is the issue.  Most likely you are using English-utf8, change it to English and change your personal settings to just English (or disable the ability to choose your own language) and it should be fixed.

I had same problem but it didnt help, i turned everything to english and disabled the personla language choosing option but it still looks like same than in his picture. I can see from packages that the mod is installed the version that i use is 1.1.5
Yes.. im n00b... and im proud of it..

WildCherry

Ach... i had one ; too much when i cheked the code
Yes.. im n00b... and im proud of it..

winrules

I have just updated the mod to version 3.18. This fixes a security vulnerability. It is crucial for you to upgrade.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Harvester

Just to let everyone know I just upgraded mine and it was completely painless, even though I have a very modified theme.

I simply clicked "upgrade" and that was that. No manual editing needed at all.  :D

fivewinds

Does this only work for Default?
Currently Using SMF 1.1.8 & TP 0.9.8

Cobra97

Hi,

This might just be a simple question, I did a search and didn't find anything about it.

I'm using the "Selection Box"  with three option, by default I want it left blank. So I added a forth box with nothing in it, which won't work.....all the options are gone then?

I want it like the "Gender" box in your profile, left blank unless you choose to pick one. How would I do that?

Thanks

winrules

I've had to update the mod to 3.19 due to a small but in the last update...sorry.

Cobra97, I *think* that you'll need to just put a space in the box.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

NEMINI

signatures are boring.

Cobra97

Forte

Quote from: Rumbaar on May 29, 2008, 06:30:21 PM

You just solved every problem I had not only with this modification but every other modification I ever installed and thought didn't work. Thank you so much.

rpalmer68

I'm currently using SELECT ID_MEMBER FROM smf_themes WHERE variable = 'CP_instrument' ORDER BY value SQL query to give me a list of IDs to then populate my hard copy membership list with. 

It obviously sorts the IDs by CP_instrument (a custom profile field) which is great, but I'd also like to then apply a sort by realName which is a row in the smf_members table.

Is there a way of doing a query that will sort the IDs by cp_instrument and then realName, so I can display my members grouped by instrument and then sorted by name?

Thanks
Richard

dannbass

I got a tricky question... I was wondering how to display a field in the profile by using $context['member']['options']['CP1'] but in the admin panel uncheck the box that says Show in Profile.

Here is the scenario... I want to display a personal photo, in a different place, so I was thinking to use one of the many scripts to do that, but so far I have this one
global $user_profile;
if (isset($modSettings['enable_CP1']))
{
$memID = $context['user']['id'];
loadMemberData($memID);
//print_r($user_profile);
echo "<p>Value is: <b>" . $user_profile[$memID]['options']['CP1'] . "</b><p>";
}

But this one only shows the field to the owner of the CP1, not to guests, then I discoverd the parse_BBC but didn't work, and finally I got the $context to work, but only if I check the show in profiles.

Anything will be helpful!

Advertisement: