Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullbreedluverz

if it says it hasnt been approved yet then it is probably an update that is waiting for approval and it may be worth waiting for the updated version rather than an older version as it may have some bug fixes or improved options

justanothertechy

Thanks! I'll keep seeing what else I can learn. I'm in way over my head at this point but frankly enjoying myself.

bullbreedluverz

we all have to start somewhere, set up a test site (create a duplicate of your forum on another database) to do your testing of changes and installing mods and back files up before doing anything on your working forum

SilentMoon

I don't think they are working on an update for 1.1.x based on the below post

Quote from: Kindred on January 03, 2009, 12:46:39 PM
Quote from: Rumbaar on December 30, 2008, 07:40:53 PM
... there will be no further development of this mod for 1.1.x stream.
...  Either way there will be no further development of the 1.1.x stream.

Some of us who already have installed the mod and did not save the manual install directions offline. The directions are now gone. If we ever have to manually uninstall it wont those directions will be needed?

From reading on the forum, installing other mods may change files where uninstall does not work.

justanothertechy

I followed this guide that was listed here to manually install it with my website:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/index.php

I made all the changes as listed. It says to copy the customprofile.english.php file to the languages folder - I don't seem to have one. Has something changed in the versions?

Also, I made adjustments to the files and replaced them on my server (with backups of course!) but my forum looks the exact same - there's no tab listed in the admin section to change the registration tabs. Any other users have ideas?

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: SilentMoon on January 09, 2009, 12:14:39 PM
I don't think they are working on an update for 1.1.x based on the below post

Quote from: Kindred on January 03, 2009, 12:46:39 PM
Quote from: Rumbaar on December 30, 2008, 07:40:53 PM
... there will be no further development of this mod for 1.1.x stream.
...  Either way there will be no further development of the 1.1.x stream.

Some of us who already have installed the mod and did not save the manual install directions offline. The directions are now gone. If we ever have to manually uninstall it wont those directions will be needed?

From reading on the forum, installing other mods may change files where uninstall does not work.

you should always save the download file for a mod even if you manually install then you can use the package parser to get the uninstall directions if the mod is removed from the site

SilentMoon

I saved the zip file is that what you mean?
What i did not save was the manual install directions that were mod site for 1.1.7
I have started saving those too just in case... This is a new board and I am new to smf I have not yet had a conflict of mods or had to manually uninstall. I just want to know that I can if needed :)

Kindred

if you have the package archive, then you have the manual install instructions.

The XML in the package tells the system (and you) how to edit (or unedit) the forum
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Birder

with 119 pages in this post, could someone tell me if this will be available again, or does someone have a copy as the download says the mod has been removed

Rumbaar

The mod was removed due to an issue relating to possible security flaw in the coding.  When and if a 'patched' version will be available I cannot say until the author responds or a member of the customizer team is able to address the concern.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

SilentMoon

Thanks
Uninstalling it now...

Nitrox

This mod is no longer available !
Please , I need it for v1.1.7 smf !

Rumbaar

Quote from: SilentMoon on January 10, 2009, 07:20:01 PM
Thanks
Uninstalling it now...
I'm not entirely sure of the nature of the security issue, so not sure if that is necessary.  But an option for any prudent forum administrator.   There might be a possible patch to address the concern in the near future, but I can't guarantee that either.

Sorry to be so vague.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

SilentMoon

I understand the vagueness. If there is a patch released I will reinstall it but until then better safe than sorry.

tormi

Any news on this or anything like it? I need this for 1.1.7

Rumbaar

I think something is in the works.  The issue doesn't seem as bad as, I at least, thought it was.

[ Themes ]

Ncen

What happens if i uninstall this mod? does the data in the fields disappear then? I've got them all hard-coded into my forum now, so i really don't need the mod any more? :)

Daezeee

Is something in the works, I need something like this for my forums, and I don't want to get my hopes up waiting for something that shall never be?

FireDitto

Quote from: Daezeee on January 20, 2009, 02:45:35 PM
Is something in the works, I need something like this for my forums, and I don't want to get my hopes up waiting for something that shall never be?

Same. I'm looking around at other options, but I think this one would be much preferred.

I'll keep tabs on the thread, I think.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Kindred

use smf 2.0....   the custom profile fields are built in, standard.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: