News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 29, 2009, 08:23:09 PM
So, what's in the server error log?

A blank screen means an error. Only the server error log will tell us where.
where can i find this?  I see form error

DaBrute

even my register area isn't working now..GOOD GRIEF. I should have left these mods alone

DaBrute

This mod also messed up my register error

2: require_once(/hsphere/local/home*****/****.com/forum/Sources/CustomProfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /hsphere/local/home/****/*****.com/forum/Themes/default/Register.template.php (before sub template - eval?)
Line: 193

Arantor

Quote from: DaBrute on September 29, 2009, 08:24:49 PM
where can i find this?  I see form error

In your cPanel from your host.

DaBrute

DaBrute

This is what I have added

1.     Ultimate Profile      0.9       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Yarex 2 smiley set    2.0.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Track IP on ip-adress.com    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Restrict Email Providers on Registration    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.9.101    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Welcome Topic Mod    2.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Floating Bar Mod    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    SMF Gallery Lite    2.0.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Affiliates    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Country Flags    1.0.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Ad Managment    2.3.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Trim Url    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Twitter mod    1.5

Arantor

Without examining every file in the source it's very hard to track down. You might want to ask your host about enabling the error log.

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 29, 2009, 08:53:22 PM
Without examining every file in the source it's very hard to track down. You might want to ask your host about enabling the error log.
i will look into it..this sucks...and i never did a back up..but it is the mod.

Arantor

The mod makes quite a few changes. Without knowing exactly which change it is, or where the problem is actually occuring it's next to impossible to debug.

I'd ask your host about the error log.

DaBrute

i have it...i never turned it on...i will get back to you and thanks!

DaBrute

Im wondering after uninstalling can i somehow remove all the files for the database or something? Like a reversal, because i know even after removing a mod and deleting it, the files still remain if I happen to re-install it with the same settings.

Arantor

Many mods do not remove their database settings, in case you reinstall them later. No database issue was the cause of your blank screen however, so you're fine to leave the database stuff alone.

DaBrute

this what i see so far

[Tue Sep 29 20:50:03 2009] [error] [client 98.218.145.247] File does not exist: /hsphere/local/home/*****/******.com/favicon.ico  they have this down several times.

Arantor

You can ignore that for the most part. A favicon.ico file is simply the little icon you get for websites that gets used in bookmarks in the browser.

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 29, 2009, 10:01:37 PM
You can ignore that for the most part. A favicon.ico file is simply the little icon you get for websites that gets used in bookmarks in the browser.
this is what the error shows..  can i paypal u or something to check out my site? i can give you access to it and even my cp and ftp. this is so important to me. I'm trying to learn as I go..but it's hard :(

Arantor

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 29, 2009, 10:12:50 PM
Are there any other errors?
well i installed the mod back and changed the default template and the register screen works....  but i ran the erro and it came up with this

[Tue Sep 29 21:06:46 2009] [error] [client 98.218.145.247] ModSecurity: Warning. Match of "rx (?:\\\\b(?:(?:i(?:nterplay|hdr|d3)|m(?:ovi|thd)|(?:ex|jf)if|f(?:lv|ws)|varg|cws)\\\\b|r(?:iff\\\\b|ar!B)|gif)|B(?:%pdf|\\\\.ra)\\\\b)" against "RESPONSE_BODY" required. [file "/hsphere/local/config/httpd2/modsecurity-core-rules/modsecurity_crs_50_outbound.conf"] [line "51"] [id "970903"] [msg "ASP/JSP source code leakage"] [severity "WARNING"] [hostname "*******.com"] [uri "/forum/index.php"] [unique_id "SsK9Nkj5qcIAAC4EFy0AAAAH"]

Arantor

Argh, that's mod_security, bane of many app coders' lives.

You won't be able to use that mod without a complete rewrite AFAIK unless you can turn mod security off, but most hosts don't like you doing that.

DaBrute

With the mod installed back..the register worked fine, but i still get a blank screen when i click on my Features and Options section.

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 29, 2009, 10:19:38 PM
Argh, that's mod_security, bane of many app coders' lives.

You won't be able to use that mod without a complete rewrite AFAIK unless you can turn mod security off, but most hosts don't like you doing that.
they just did something to it  so i can use that welcome topic mod.  so its a mod rewrite issue? so should it be on or off to work with all mods?

Advertisement: