News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winrules

Please read my signature...I will do it soon. Probobally tomorrow.

Amicus, You will have to wait for the next version. You can't do that in the current version.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Hexjackal

It's a freaking conundrum.

The name field says the field is displayed in posts, but it isn't.  I deleted the field and made a new one, didn't work. I'm using the modification with SMF 1.1

winrules

Quote from: Hexjackal on December 04, 2006, 05:39:36 PM

The name field says the field is displayed in posts, but it isn't.  I deleted the field and made a new one, didn't work. I'm using the modification with SMF 1.1
Read the first post on this topic.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Hexjackal

Quote from: winrules on December 04, 2006, 06:00:54 PM
Quote from: Hexjackal on December 04, 2006, 05:39:36 PM

Read the first post on this topic.

Okay, now it shows the name of the field twice.

tipiyano

Hello. I am using SMF 1.1RC3 and have installed customprofile3-15 successfully. However, I am unable to add anything except the text field. I select "text area from the type" and then click settings and enter all the relevant information. However, when i click save, it create the field but with the type "text". I have tried other options (check box, selection) but none of them work. Also, I do not see any option1, option2, etc for selection which makes me think that for some reason it is only creating text fields.

I have seen this question posted alteast once before but was unable to find the answer. Please advice what I should do. Thank you for your help.

Rahul

winrules

Quote from: tipiyano on December 05, 2006, 03:13:24 PM
Hello. I am using SMF 1.1RC3 and have installed customprofile3-15 successfully. However, I am unable to add anything except the text field. I select "text area from the type" and then click settings and enter all the relevant information. However, when i click save, it create the field but with the type "text". I have tried other options (check box, selection) but none of them work. Also, I do not see any option1, option2, etc for selection which makes me think that for some reason it is only creating text fields.

I have seen this question posted alteast once before but was unable to find the answer. Please advice what I should do. Thank you for your help.

Rahul
I'm not sure what's going wrong. Try recreating the field. If that doesn't work then can you please pm me a test account with permissions to mannage custom profile fields?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Deb

Can the custom profile fields also show up in Admin CP when register new members from there.

I know it doesn't now, but is it easy to add some code in the file ManageRegistration.php ( think that must be the file ) so it works from there too?
Thank you from Deb :)

jsdoyle

Watching for the update for 1.1  Thanks for making this mod!  It worked great with my 1.1 RC3 forum.

This should be built into SMF 1.1

Thanks again,

Scott Doyle

imrich

Winrules,

Thanks for this mod and your updates.

Someone posted a workaround for the SMF 1.1 issue in the review section of the mod download page, do you think this is a reasonable thing to do?  If it's that simple, I can do this, but if you know of other things that should be addressed I can wait.

I have a new forum which was just coming online, so new members are getting confused as I ask people to input data in custom fields which are no longer there.

Thanks for your help and mods!

shumilica

I also wait for the update of this mod for SMF 1.1 version!
All my considerations to you, winrules!
If what twister909 is saying in reviews of your mod is correct and enough then just tell us and we will make the modification necessary  8)
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

sager

KGIII

Quote from: winrules signature
I will update my mods for 1.1 final soon, so there's no need to ask.

Patience. :) They're probably really busy seeing as 1.1 just came out a wee bit ago.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

S1L1C0N

Quote from: sager on December 07, 2006, 01:27:48 PM
waiting for 1.1

DOT.

Thanks for a fantastic mod that I miss having installed at update time.

Soulgirl

Hi.. installed this today and removed the RC3 from the xml file - its installed fine but doesnt show in the admin panel... see screenshot below.  Ive tried with both the default skin and my light yellow one and theyre both the same :(

shumilica

Adapt this link to your website url:
http://yourwebsite.yourdomain/forum/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=profile;
Does this link shows the mod?
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Soulgirl

Hi there :)

No, it gives an error

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function: customfieldsettings() in /home/dancetal/public_html/smf/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 309

:(

sager

by the way when u make this mod wud it be possible so tht it comes in the search feature also ??

winrules

Quote from: Soulgirl on December 07, 2006, 02:40:14 PM
Hi.. installed this today and removed the RC3 from the xml file - its installed fine but doesnt show in the admin panel... see screenshot below.  Ive tried with both the default skin and my light yellow one and theyre both the same :(
That's why you don't change the version number unless you really know what you're doing. You'll need to upload CustomProfile.php and CustomProfile.english.php from the mod file.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Soulgirl

I followed the instructions on the Mod download page about getting it to work with the new smf version... I didn't make it up as I went along  :P

winrules

What instructions on the mod download page?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Advertisement: