package installer not working on servage.net?

Started by Celdric, May 05, 2006, 08:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celdric

Hi.  :) I just installed a smf on servage.net. So far so good. But when try to install modifications, it fails. I get only "modification parse errors".

Fizzy

Please check that the Mod you are trying to install is compatible with your SMF version.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Celdric

Thanks for your response.  :) Well, I'm using a 1.1 rc2 and tried to install a couple of compatible and simple mods, for example the "myspace field". But it always failed with the message "modification parse error". I thought perhaps someone else here would run a a smf on servage and could give me a hint. Seems their file management/ftp system seems to be different.

Fizzy

OK, thanks for the additional info, but can you list out the progress of the install. It should show exactly where the mod is failing

Celdric

Seems it stucks at the xml files. Screenshot below. What makes it harder is that I know the manager works fine. I already installed several SMFs and tons of mods at my regular webhost.

Btw, I just notice that "safe mode" is "on" at my site. Wondering, if that has an influence. Sorry, I'm php rookie.

http://mychatboard.com/msmode.jpg

winrules

Quote from: Celdric on May 05, 2006, 01:59:45 PM
Seems it stucks at the xml files. Screenshot below. What makes it harder is that I know the manager works fine. I already installed several SMFs and tons of mods at my regular webhost.

Btw, I just notice that "safe mode" is "on" at my site. Wondering, if that has an influence. Sorry, I'm php rookie.

http://mychatboard.com/msmode.jpg
that links broken :(

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Fizzy

Quote from: Celdric on May 05, 2006, 01:59:45 PM

Ask your host to disable Safe mode

Advertisement: