News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Session issues

Started by TasMan, April 01, 2004, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TasMan

Alright I might as well start a new thread bout it for myself rather than just bringing back the old ones.

I've checked out the phpinfo file and found that my server meets all of the requirements EXCEPT for one; there is no specified path for upload_tmp_dir (says empty). However, I figured before that I would be fine as I don't allow attachments (which I assume that is what it is for) in any event. If this could cause a session issue however, please tell me and I'll stop wasting your time =). And the use_only_cookies variable doesn't exist, but that's only an option in PHP 4.3.0, whilst I have 4.1.2. MySQL version is 3.23.58. Server runs Apache 1.3.26.

I was hoping upgrading to 4.1 might have solved the problem, but alas no.

The problem is obviously the sessions keep timing out or say the verification of them failed. Although it is quite annoying, I've found the one which says "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. " is quite amusing when you get it when you try to log out. However another thing I've noticed is when you get these messages say when you click the Admin panel and hit "Server settings", you can actually keep refreshing the page and eventually you will get in. This only happens when posting topics, modifing settings, etc, of course it might only happen there because that is when verfications might be made. Sometimes is works, sometimes not.

PHPInfo : http://shadowdc.sourceforge.net/phpinfo.php [nofollow]
Boards : http://shadowdc.sourceforge.net/smf/index.php [nofollow]

I also created an account for anybody who wishes to test it. Name is "Test" and the password is "test". If any admin/support team member would like an admin account to play with, tell me.

[Unknown]

Please search for "sourceforge" on this forum, there are known issues and even a page on sourceforge.net about this.  You will have to change your session.save_path to a shared group folder - so that it can be accessed by all of the load balancing servers.  You can do this by adding a line to Settings.php, near the end, like this:

session_save_path('/new/path');

-[Unknown]

TasMan

I apologize then. I've been ghosting the forums for a good few months now and I never noticed any SourceForge pages...so I hadn't thought to use the search =). Thanks Unknown.

Advertisement: