News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Action Mod

Started by Norv, May 09, 2006, 08:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Um, why? And what does that have to do with this mod?

skb

What I'm trying to do is execute this action with a button click, rather than going into phpMyAdmin and doing it manually every time.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

For something that SMF will rewrite anyway for users (almost) every time they hit a page?

thepitster

when attempting to install this I got, basically AFTER I clicked install this poped up:
Code (Error) Select
BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'name' can't have a default value
File: /Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 123

and this is the line that is causing the problem

Code (install.php Line 123) Select
$smcFunc['db_create_table']('{db_prefix}custom_actions', $columns, $indexes, array(), 'update_remove');

StarredSkies

Quote from: Shambles on December 12, 2012, 03:36:29 PM
Are these sub-actions really only accessible via URL (action=xx;sa=yy) or should they indeed appear within the new menu button?

I'm off for a tab...

Going to re-ask this question. My subaccounts do not appear as a drop-down menu like my admin/moderator/member buttons.

Pyrhel

Hello,
Is there a way to include theme's default bars and colors to the "page" under the action if BBC is selected?
For example to look as "index.php?action=help".

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Pyrhel on October 18, 2019, 10:25:32 AM
Hello,
Is there a way to include theme's default bars and colors to the "page" under the action if BBC is selected?
For example to look as "index.php?action=help".

Not sure I follow, can you attach a picture of this "issue"?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Pyrhel

If the help action is opened, it looks like this:

But if the custom action is opened, it doesn't have the theme's look and is displayed like this:

Is it possible themes' style to be included in the custom page to keep the look and feel of the theme. I saw similar thing in one of the portals (I think it was "tiny portal") in which the style can be selected - to use theme's colors, borders, etc or not to.

Arantor

It doesn't do anything because it's designed as a base for you to have complete control over what that custom action does, up to and including putting literally whatever content you want there - adding what you're asking for actually runs counter to what it was designed for.

Going with something like TP might be a simpler and better option.

UserMcUsername

I am using custom actions mode to make CMS-like webpages that render within the forum's theme. I am currently using the HTML feature so that I can insert a page-specific stylesheet into the head that I do not want included on the forum's main page. However I really would prefer to use the PHP option so I can include to an external file, saving me from having to edit the code in the custom actions panel. However, the PHP option does not have the ability to put code in the head (instead replacing that with the Source File Code). Any hacks or tips to kinda get the best of both worlds? Ideally the top box allowing a link to a stylesheet while the bottom box allows the insertion of a php include. I know I could use an iframe on the html side but I hate iframes.

nemwar

Quote from: thepitster on August 02, 2017, 04:12:55 PMwhen attempting to install this I got, basically AFTER I clicked install this poped up:
Code (Error) Select
BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'name' can't have a default value
File: /Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 123

and this is the line that is causing the problem

Code ("install.php Line 123") Select
$smcFunc['db_create_table']('{db_prefix}custom_actions', $columns, $indexes, array(), 'update_remove');

Hi Guys,

i have the exact same problem.
Tested with SMF2.0.19 and 2.1.1 also with PHP7.2 and PHP7.4.

Any solution/workaround for this issue?

Best regards
NemWar

You like Guild Wars?
You still play Guild Wars?
Then you may like to visit my website:
Guild Wars Characters Reloaded

Advertisement: