News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

WoW-DK

Started by padexx, May 20, 2006, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemecks

I cant seem to see the "RE: POST" thing for Last Posts in the board index.  I'm hoping its a forum option I'm missing because it makes no sense that such a tiny feature is broken for me, but works for others. I have a screen from me and a friend who uses the same browser (Opera).

Me: hxxp:img147.imageshack.us/img147/6695/forumissuere7.jpg [nonactive]
A friend: hxxp:files.focusedaggression.com/members/Jensen/lastpost.JPG [nonactive]   -- How it should be. I hope.
Link to forums: hxxp:www.focusedaggression.com/forums/index.php [nonactive] (version: wowdk_114v1)

Ive tried all the color settings and that didnt help. I created a dumby version of the forum on my system, but it looked the same as does the demo of the forum theme.

-Thanks in advance for any help.

padexx

It seems you solved the problem. 8)
I guess it was a smf forum setting.

Nemecks

Nope. Problem isnt solved. While you may see it correctly, i still do not. My cousin actually sees it incorrectly as well. We spent a few hours last night tooling with an online test forum (hxxp:www.mech2.org/tempf/index.php [nonactive]), and he would fix it for himself while it was still broken for me. I've tried removing my web cache, which didnt help. It cant be a cookie issue because i see the same thing on blank test forums. The RE code isnt even in the source.

This bug is so bizarre that i actually have replacement code ready just in case it remains unsolved. However, seeing as how odd this bug is i would very much like to find out its origin.

As for my code change, i dont know much about PHP so it may be incorrect. In BoardIndex.template.php i changed the original code on line 221(may have been 220) to:

if (!empty($board['last_post']['id']))
         echo '
         ', $txt[22], ' ', $txt[30], ' ', $board['last_post']['time'], '<br />
         ', $txt['smf88'], ' ', $board['last_post']['link'], ' ', $txt[525], '       
         ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] ;
        echo '

Change active on: hxxp:www.mech2.org/tempf/index.php [nonactive]

padexx

Strange others can see it and you don't...
Which browser do you use and which operating system?

With your codechange I see "in Re: Welcome to SMF! by Sir MMPD Radick" twice.

You've forgotten ,' in your code that causes a display error in the "Minutes to stay logged in message" at the bottom.

Nemecks

Browser: Opera Version 9.25 Build 8827 on Windows XP. Same version and OS as my friends post above (hxxp:files.focusedaggression.com/members/Jensen/lastpost.JPG [nonactive] )

I only see 1 set of:
"Last post on February 05, 2008, 04:49:43 PM
in Re: Welcome to SMF! by Sir MMPD Radick"
under the last post column (hxxp:img181.imageshack.us/img181/8877/forumissue2wg1.jpg [nonactive]). I've tried viewing it in IE as well. Looked the same. I could redownload firefox and try that, but I doubt anything would be different.

Somehow it looks like its echoing twice for you, probably from 2 different sources and only once for me. The one properly displaying for me is my modification. Is the last post code anywhere else in the original version? Or handled somehow somewhere else.

Fixed the login length display error. Somehow i put two semicolons randomly in there.

NameLess_

Hi, i want to ask who i will make my forum support greek characters on reply.

padexx

Quotegreek characters on reply
???
If you want greek buttons you have to download the button_psd.zip fire up your Photoshop and edit the images.

dwaynewadeblade

this turkish language
Just there is  a little wrong on theme  where i dont use costum header :-[
plz can u help me.i will wait to see good answer. tnx for super themes again

1-http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6683/panic1if6.jpg
2-http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7884/panic2ug7.jpg

padexx

QuoteJust there is  a little wrong on theme
No, there is nothing "wrong". If you use another language than english you need the buttons for this language, too.

All the buttons are in the theme's images/english/ folder.
If you use turkish as your language you need to create a folder called turkish in the theme's image folder and put your button images in it.
You could copy the english buttons or download the button_psd.zip from the theme's download page and use the PSD-file to create your own (turkish) buttons.

Already translated buttons available:
english
spanish
french

IF SOMEONE HAS CREATED BUTTONS FOR OTHER LANGUAGES MATCHING THE WOW THEME IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHARE THEM WITH US (I will upload them to the theme's dl-page)

dwaynewadeblade

tnx panic for help i think i will try it  again. it will take  a long for me which not easy becoz of photoshop i should learn it so much and also work on.(((((((((( i like wow dk best)))))))))))

i have a problem that my prewiew hasnt worked on message panel.help plz

I did small  a edit  for Turkish language.First of all
1-themes/default/language/Settings.turkish.php copy  in wowdk/languages
2-change rename Modifications.turkish.php to Modifications.engish.php in wowdk/language

padexx

hi,

I am sorry but I don't understand what's your problem:(

NameLess_

Quote from: panic on February 11, 2008, 04:41:37 AM
Quotegreek characters on reply
???
If you want greek buttons you have to download the button_psd.zip fire up your Photoshop and edit the images.

No i dont need bottons. My forum doens support greek on replies. its shows as ( ??:? :? :??? :?)

K3TK3TK3T

i don't like how on the posts page the users information and stuff is above their post, not next to it.  is there any way that i can change this?

K3TK3TK3T

Kender

i am having issues combining this with the AdManagement mod, if you can offer any assistance it would be great.. the mod destroys the layout of the boards when using certain aspects

sidebar, left and right
under menu, under news
above copyright
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

Kender

lol, after a heavy rewrite of the ads management sections on the index.template.php file, i got it going good

sorry for begging  :)
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

padexx

hi,

a look at this threat might had saved you some headaches.

Kender

i contained my search to this forum, though i see i should have gone to yours as well

mastercheif

How do you remove the guys at the top? This theme is awesome!!! But for my use, I need the guys removed at the top and have just a blank header, etc... How would i do that?
Thank you...

padexx

download the custom_header_psd.zip at the theme's dl-page. readme included...

Advertisement: