Calendar week numbering needed to be adjusted

Started by PerJ, May 27, 2006, 09:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerJ

Week numbering in the calendar doesn't follow swedish standard, therefore the actual week number is wrong in my calendar.

• A week starts on a monday.

• January 01 is in week #1 IF it's on a monday, tuesday, wednesday or thursday ELSE it's in week #53.
    This can also be stated as: Week #1 must contain at least 4 of januarys first days.

I suppose this code in Calendar.php, starting about line #178, should be rewritten, but I can't do it myself and I really do need some help.

// An adjustment value to apply to all calculated week numbers.
if (!empty($modSettings['cal_showweeknum']))
{
// Need to know what day the first of the year was on.
$foy = (int) strftime('%w', mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, $curPage['year']));

// If the first day of the year is a Sunday, then there is no adjustment
// to be made. However, if the first day of the year is not a Sunday, then there is a partial
// week at the start of the year that needs to be accounted for.
if ($nStartDay == 0)
$nWeekAdjust = $foy == 0 ? 0 : 1;
// If we are viewing the weeks, with a starting date other than Sunday, then things get complicated!
// Basically, as PHP is calculating the weeks with a Sunday starting date, we need to take this into account
// and offset the whole year dependant on whether the first day in the year is above or below our starting date.
// Note that we offset by two, as some of this will get undone quite quickly by the statement below.
else
$nWeekAdjust = $nStartDay > $foy && $foy != 0 ? 2 : 1;

// If our week starts on a day greater than the day the month starts on, then our week numbers will be one too high.
// So we need to reduce it by one - all these thoughts of offsets makes my head hurt...
if ($firstDayOfMonth['dayOfWeek'] < $nStartDay)
$nWeekAdjust--;
}
else
$nWeekAdjust = 0;

Hurja

i have this issue i think.  week starts on monday and week numbers are 1 too high. this years first day and first week is marked to be a sunday that is lone day in that week where it should start the next week.

any fix for this?

:)

Webrunner

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

Webrunner

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

Advertisement: