Dilber MC

Started by Diego Andrés, June 07, 2006, 12:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harzem

// Here we go some new button.
   echo'
            <td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'someuglytexthere' ? '2' : '' , '">
               <a href="http://rebelrosenetworks.com/index.php" target="_blank">' , 'LINK TEXT' , '</a>               
            </td>';

RebelRose

Quote from: HarzeM on June 16, 2006, 02:12:38 PM
   // Here we go some new button.
   echo'
            <td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'someuglytexthere' ? '2' : '' , '">
               <a href="http://rebelrosenetworks.com/index.php" target="_blank">' , 'LINK TEXT' , '</a>               
            </td>';

Thank You, but where do I put it?

Harzem

Where do you want to? :) (before which menu item?)

RebelRose

Quote from: HarzeM on June 16, 2006, 02:21:17 PM
Where do you want to? :) (before which menu item?)

Before the help would be good, but will it even itself all out, I mean it wont put them too close together will it?

And where you have someuglytexthere, is that where I name it, and the link text as well?

I appreciate your help

Harzem

To put it before help button, find:

// Show the [help] button.
echo'
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'help' ? '2' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
</td>';

and add the new code before this.

You should retype LINK TEXT part only. The other ugly text is ugly enough :P

Put the button and look how nice it will look :)

RebelRose

Quote from: HarzeM on June 16, 2006, 02:27:03 PM
To put it before help button, find:

// Show the [help] button.
echo'
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'help' ? '2' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
</td>';

and add the new code before this.

You should retype LINK TEXT part only. The other ugly text is ugly enough :P

Put the button and look how nice it will look :)

Great Thank You, one last thing to ask you if you don't mind, at the bottom it has your theme name and a link to you I would like to put that under the smf copyright info, can you give the code I need to do that, I want it more visable, in the corner is no good for you. 

Thank You ever so much.

Harzem

To move the link back, in index.template.php find:

<span style="float:right; margin-right:10px; font-size:70%;"><b>Dilber MC</b> Theme by <b><a href="http://www.harzem.com/themes/themes.php?theme=dilbermc;color=', $settings['theme_main_color'], '" target="_blank">HarzeM</a></b></span>

and delete it. Find this code (a few lines above the previous code)

', theme_copyright(), '

and replace with:

', theme_copyright(), '
<br/>
<span style="font-size:70%;"><b>Dilber MC</b> Theme by <b><a href="http://www.harzem.com/themes/themes.php?theme=dilbermc;color=', $settings['theme_main_color'], '" target="_blank">HarzeM</a></b></span>

However, the old place is enough for people who want to see it. As you can guess from the link it has, It sends me the color of the theme. I log them to see which color is mostly used or mostly liked. Here are the stats for now :)

lightblue     111
lightnavy    19
lightsilver    29
lightturquoise    7
lightgreen    1
lightolive    2
lightgolden    3
lightbrown    5
lightred    3
lightrose    9
lightlilac    3
lightviolet    4

A total of around 200 people already clicked to that link :P

RebelRose

Thank you so much for all the support, I have never received support from the creator of a theme before, I really appreciate it. I would recommend your themes to anyone.

The codes of course worked perfectly.

Thank You Very Much

;D

Harzem

Not to mention about :) To help me promote the theme, you can always use this in your signature:

[url=http://themes.simplemachines.org/index.php?lemma=80]
[img]http://www.harzem.com/images/stories/dilbermc/userbar2.gif[/img]
[/url]

But if you don't use, that's totally not a problem. Just enjoy the theme :)

RebelRose

you got it, and only because you were so nice about helping me, I truly appreciate it. I will also put your ad on a few of my sites.

Best of luck to you, and I will try to stay up todate on your themes.

Harzem

Quote from: rebelrose on June 16, 2006, 05:56:41 PM
you got it, and only because you were so nice about helping me, I truly appreciate it. I will also put your ad on a few of my sites.

Best of luck to you, and I will try to stay up todate on your themes.

Thanks :) In a few days, a selectable color version will be released. Users will be able to select the color they want to see, if you allow them to do so. So check back in a few days.

RebelRose

You bet I will look for you themes from now on, and if you do them for MKportal I will check those out as well, I have that on one of my sites.

Kirsten07734

Quote from: HarzeM on June 16, 2006, 05:58:22 PM
Thanks :) In a few days, a selectable color version will be released. Users will be able to select the color they want to see, if you allow them to do so. So check back in a few days.

This is great news!  I just installed this theme and like it very much.  The one thing I was wishing for was a user-selectable color option.

I'd like to second rebelrose:  I appreciate how very helpful you are too.  I also really enjoy your commenting style in your code.  You obviously have fun coding.

RebelRose

Quote from: Kirsten07734 on June 17, 2006, 02:35:23 AM
Quote from: HarzeM on June 16, 2006, 05:58:22 PM

This is great news!  I just installed this theme and like it very much.  The one thing I was wishing for was a user-selectable color option.

I'd like to second rebelrose:  I appreciate how very helpful you are too.  I also really enjoy your commenting style in your code.  You obviously have fun coding.

In a few days, a selectable color version will be released. Users will be able to select the color they want to see, if you allow them to do so. So check back in a few days.

Harzem

Quote from: Kirsten07734 on June 17, 2006, 02:35:23 AM

Thanks for your kind words :) Yes, I like coding, and commenting. If you have a look at my Board Viewers modification code, I've commented it more :D

L.G.S

Hey great theme, but I have a few problems.

1. When you click a menu link (EG Home) a standard colour is kept over that menu link, how would I stop that from happening?

2. How would I add a black 1px border around the memberbar? Currently I don't like it with the gradient and no border.

3. Such a great theme!
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Harzem

Quote from: L.G.S on June 17, 2006, 10:06:43 AM
Hey great theme, but I have a few problems.

1. When you click a menu link (EG Home) a standard colour is kept over that menu link, how would I stop that from happening?

2. How would I add a black 1px border around the memberbar? Currently I don't like it with the gradient and no border.

3. Such a great theme!

1. Are you talking about the hover color of the links? Don't you want the color to change when you go over a menu item?

2. Play with style.css to add the border:
.memberbardiv
{
width: 93%;
padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px;
margin-left:auto;
margin-right: auto;
}
.memberbardivbottom
{
height: 15px;
}

And play with the style_yourcolor.css to remove the gradient background image :)

3. Thanks! :)

L.G.S

1. no sorry I mean after you CLICK. When you hover that's fine.

Here is what I mean:

Would you mind telling me the exact code I'd need to add to have the border? I tried mine but nothing changed
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Harzem

The image you've given doesn't work, I don't know why :)

And, whcih color are you using as the theme color?

RebelRose

Quote from: L.G.S on June 17, 2006, 10:25:44 AM
1. no sorry I mean after you CLICK. When you hover that's fine.

Here is what I mean:

I use the Light Navy theme and it does that same thing.

Advertisement: