News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Google Analytics

Started by forumposters, June 09, 2006, 01:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forumposters

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
What would be a good file to place Google Analytics code in so that it loads on everypage?

Oldiesmann

Put it right before the </body> tag in index.template.php. You'll have to do this for every theme, but it will load on ever page.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Niteblade

Personally, I put the code inside a javascript / html block in Tiny portal. It's been working fine there. I also put it inside my 'shop' .

Analytics is cool.
affiliate blog

forumposters

How long does it take for analytics to update?  I've had the code there for hours and I see no stats yet.

Niteblade

Give it at least one day to begin gathering information.

And you'll see all kinds of little dots over your map. :)
affiliate blog

efbl

Hello,

I have problem with Google Analytics tracker, the forum returns me an error when I reload it.

I use SMF 1.1.4 and Blue Blaze theme.

// The following will be used to let the user know that some AJAX process is running
echo '
<div id="ajax_in_progress" style="display: none;', $context['browser']['is_ie'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie7'] ? 'position: absolute;' : '', '">', $txt['ajax_in_progress'], '</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
[ * * * Google script * * * ]
</script>

</body></html>';

Harro

Make sure that all singles quote (') in the google script part have a \ before them.
Should work fine then :)

efbl

Tracking code installed. Thank you, Harro!

foge

Quote from: Harro on December 16, 2007, 04:42:33 PM
Make sure that all singles quote (') in the google script part have a \ before them.

What a coincidence - I desperately needed this information just when SMF server got this meltdown. I found numbers of solutions which weren't working. I even searched pages where I couldn't read anything else than these scripts, Arabic, Asian languages, what ever. Internal search is still not working here, but I found this with google search and after trying to do this three days and then see how simple solution there is, makes me wanna scream :) Thx Harro!

jarhaa

I tried this solution too but it didn't help. I am using "SlickPro" theme from metalcore.
Should I put that slash before EVERY (')   ?

Edit. I got it working... Needs to be JUST before </body>   :-\

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: nite0859 on June 09, 2006, 05:18:25 PM
Personally, I put the code inside a javascript / html block in Tiny portal. It's been working fine there. I also put it inside my 'shop' .

Analytics is cool.

Good idea with the TP block.

brygida

Thank you Harro!

for me also \ before (') worked 
at second time  :) the first i have missed one O:)

Lautermilch

I get this error code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/BlackRainV2118/index.template.php on line 178
169:
170:             current_header_ic = mode;
171:          }
172:       // ]]></script>
173: </head>
174:
175:
176: <script type="text/javascript">
177: var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
178: document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
179: </script>
180: <script type="text/javascript">
181: try {
182: var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-9788839-1");

Arantor

Can we have some lines before that too?
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

iamekim

Quote from: Harro on December 16, 2007, 04:42:33 PM

so much help. thank you Harro. :)

dgswilson

Yes, (\') was missing component. And yes - All.  Thanks a lot. What is, or maybe where is, "Tiny Portal"?

www.dgswilson.com/index.php

sadiakomal

when i try to past the code in index.template, its shows error and i have uploaded theme again i am using CS classic them "islamabadcommunity.com"

Arantor

sadiakomal, please attach your index.template.php file. Did you attempt to use the mod mentioned earlier in this thread or not?
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

rostamiani

ronaldguilmet

Quote from: forumposters on June 09, 2006, 01:43:23 PM
SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
What would be a good file to place Google Analytics code in so that it loads on everypage?

just use this mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=351 and copy and past your code into the header. no code hacking required. worked great for me.

Advertisement: