News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Announcements like IPB's

Started by Jim R, June 13, 2006, 01:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Ok so new permission it it.  I'll give the name abbreviation a shot.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

windirect

Hi,
I too need Global Announcement and Super Sticky mod please.  ;)

Skipdawg

Someone was working on this but I forget who. And have seen nothing further on it for awhile till your post. Would be a great mod or feature.
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

Scubasteve

I had used the supersticky mod before i moved to rc2, it worked great.
If it aint broke, break it.

Jim R

Quote from: Scubasteve on June 27, 2006, 07:30:31 PM
I had used the supersticky mod before i moved to rc2, it worked great.

Does Supersticky work on select forums or just all of them?

It's not really what I was talking about when I started this thread.  I'm not really looking to make big announcements with this feature.  I'm looking to put content in specific positions that SSI then takes in varied directions with varied outputs.

Scubasteve

If it aint broke, break it.

JayBachatero

I am working on the Global Announcements mod.
Follow me on Twitter

Jim R

Quote from: JayBachatero on June 27, 2006, 07:55:25 PM
I am working on the Global Announcements mod.

Can you give me the skinny on how it will work? 

Can I choose the boards it goes to?  Will they be regular posts or something else?

You're a good man.

JayBachatero

You can select the boards that they can go to and it will only show them is you are allowed to see that board.  They will not be regular posts.  Members CAN NOT reply to the Global Announcements.  I got the Admin part done.  I need to work on the other stuff.  I am having some problems right now with the permission of who can see the global announcement.  Until I get that working the mod is at a complete stop :(.
Follow me on Twitter

windirect

HecKel

You are working that for RC2 1.1? Can you write some version for 1.0.7?

HecKel
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

JayBachatero

I am working on one for 1.1 RC2.  I would have to be persuaded to do it for 1.0.7 also.  At this point I am supporting the 1.1 line.  There has to be a good reason for me to back port it.
Follow me on Twitter

HarryWx

Quote from: huwnet on June 18, 2006, 01:45:21 PM
Quote from: HarryWx on June 18, 2006, 01:39:26 PM
This i have requested already and as said by others is very much needed and look's great. the new phpbb3 released in beta now even has it however the older 2.0+ series dont. Hopefully this will be seen here soon.

I believe the global sticky mod already offers some of this functionality for SMF ;)
Yes i am aware of that. My idea is to have it that way in the core of the system ( Come standard with a fresh install of SMF ) instead of a mod.  ;)

JayBachatero

Update on this.  Compuart helped me sort out a logic for the permissions and I've made a few advancements on the mod.  I have the admin side all set and done.  I did the MessageIndex also.  Now for the announcements themselves.  Hopefully I can have a beta out by tomorrow if I don't get called in to work.
Follow me on Twitter

JayBachatero

Ok I finally got some time to work on this.  This is the first beta.  If there are any features that you would like to request just let me know.
Follow me on Twitter

RBH

something real quick jay, when you click the delete button and it asks "are you sure you want to delete?" even if you click cancel it deletes the announcement.

so far i love it and it works just how i was expecting and wanted. thanks! :D

etdwh

Jay,

Nice work  :D
This is something really needed in SMF. This replaces the Super Sticky mod, and also helps do what i was trying to do here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=97666.0

On thing i noticed, which happens when i try the Super Stick mod myself, the column sizes are not the same.
It might be because i installed the Sticky First Post mod. Here is how it looks like

Nice to have:
-A way to preview what has been typed. Im currently composing in a normal post page, and then copying to the announcement mod.

Nice job. Thanks for the mod

JayBachatero

On thing i noticed, which happens when i try the Super Stick mod myself, the column sizes are not the same.
It might be because i installed the Sticky First Post mod. Here is how it looks like
Damn it.  It's been a pain getting those aligned,  I tried the default from the regular message index and it was out of alignment too.  What I have now it aligns good on my PC.  If you can get it to align good let me know what percentaged you used.

-A way to preview what has been typed. Im currently composing in a normal post page, and then copying to the announcement mod.
I was thinking about this too.  If I do add it I would have to rip it out of SMF's post template since JS is not me.  I will see if I get something done by this weekend.

I'm also thinking about adding the ability to Announce the Global Announcement.  That shouldn't be too hard to do.

Follow me on Twitter

RBH

this made it look better for me jay.....still a hair off but any other adjustments made it a hair the other way. ???

<td class="catbg3" width="9%" colspan="2"></td>
<td class="catbg3">', $txt[70], '</td>
<td class="catbg3" width="13%">', $txt[109], '</td>

JayBachatero

Quote from: RBH on July 11, 2006, 11:31:46 PM
this made it look better for me jay.....still a hair off but any other adjustments made it a hair the other way. ???

<td class="catbg3" width="13%">', $txt[109], '</td>

I'll try this.  Yea when you adjust one side then the other just gets discombobulated.

EDIT:  This seems to be working for me.

<td class="catbg3" width="14%">', $txt[109], '</td>
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: