News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Some old mods for those who want to play

Started by Grudge, April 17, 2004, 07:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Ok. I extracted them. I've still got 11 days left in my free trial of Paint Shop Pro, so I'll try to fix them up for you.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Paint Shop Pro is a wonderful tool... Blow the image up to 400%, use the dropper tool to pick up the color, adjust the paintbrush a bit and paint over the text, then save the image. :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Grudge

Oldiesman,

A spanish user, CS Forever, has had trouble installing these mods, and I'm having trouble working out what the problem is. In particular they have the following errors on these steps:
No existe una mujer fea, solamente belleza rara says:
PointsFinal-Errors:

Step 6
Step 17
Step 21
Step 27
and

WordCount-Errors:

Step 16
Step 17
and  Medals2.mod:

Step 7
Step 15
Any chance you could have a quick look and see if you can work out where the problem lies? I think the mod installs fine so I'm not sure how to go about this. I'm about to ask Omar to redevouz with CS Forever too, to try work it out as we're having a little trouble with the language barrier :)
I'm only a half geek really...

Kirby

Just a suggestion for the cellmouse mod - why not add it to the template options? :P

CS Forever

Here he/she prepares them a pack of 20 approximately different images, I hope he/she helps them of something:

Download Pack

Greetings ;D

Oldiesmann

Grudge - We've been talking about this on MSN for a while. I've got to modify them a bit to work with the classic theme. I've been busy but will try to get to it in a few minutes.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Grudge

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 27, 2004, 07:04:29 PM
Grudge - We've been talking about this on MSN for a while. I've got to modify them a bit to work with the classic theme. I've been busy but will try to get to it in a few minutes.
Ahhh... OK - so it's the classic theme! Thanks Oldiesmann!
I'm only a half geek really...

CS Forever

Thank you Oldiesmann and Grudge are really very good people, few moderators see that they help me for msn without necessity of being made notice by means of posts.
Thank you to be both I admire this way really a lot them and I wish them a lot of luck

Greetings

Xarcell

I agree with CS forever. Most of the SMF team are that way. Major thanx to all of them.

Anyone willing to take over development and support for these mod's?

-Xarcell

Xarcell

I didn't see that oldiesman was helping out with some of the updating and support. My personal thanks.

Can we get this added to the index of "tips & tricks" list?

-Xarcell

Xarcell

I can't install any of these mods. I try to do it manually starting with the points mod, but cannot find the lines of code.

-Xarcell

dtm.exe

Quote from: Xarcell on September 15, 2005, 11:13:27 AM
I can't install any of these mods. I try to do it manually starting with the points mod, but cannot find the lines of code.

-Xarcell

They are old and outdated, more than likely.

Xarcell

O, I thought it said it only works for 1.1b3.

-Xarcell

dtm.exe

Xarcell

Wow, I feel so smart. I just noticed the dates they were posted.

Anyone want to update the first 3 mods?

fiver

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 16, 2004, 11:29:26 AM
Here are the updated versions of the first three... Grudge, do you know where the images are for the medals mod?

UPDATE: Points mod now works with 1.1RC1. If you need either of the other two updated, let me know.

Hi Oldiesmann,

Is it possible to install the Points mod through the Package Manager of 1.1RC2?

Is it possible to have the points given automatically according to some conditions? using the infos already exist in the statistic Center, for example:
Time Online or Total time logged in
Total no of posts
Topic Starters

Fiery

Does anyone know of any mods like this or if we could please get an update for these mods.  Just doing a search they seem to be in pretty high demand.

I would but I have no idea what im doing.

Thanks.

Gearoi

Same here - would love someone to put a word count in - my board members are really competitive about number of words we'd like to know who's posted the most! :)

Ncen

sorry for bumping an old thread, but points/medals-system to get the members to write longer posts would be great, isn't there someone that would like to proceed with those mods?

Advertisement: