SMF User Email System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 01, 2006, 04:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronsen

yes..all are writeable..though i will check it once again and will post here..

ronsen

vbgamer45

I would suggest doing a manual install its harder but you can do it
Copy User_Email.php to the sources folder
Copy User_Email.template.php to the folder of your theme example default
Copy user_email.gif  to the folder of your theme example default
Then if you use SMF 1.1 RC2
open useremail.xml in a text editing program then follow the edits
Then if you use SMF 1.0.7
open useremail107.xml in a text editing program then follow the edits
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 06, 2006, 12:28:11 PM
Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on July 06, 2006, 11:43:29 AM
how can i email members who havent been on the forum since a specific date?
That's not really part of this mod. That would be another mod.

which mod is it part of?
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

GJ-tje

Is it possible, to make this emailer possible for the members section in the administration panel?
If so, than I would love to see it also in the adminpanel! Maybe an idea, to make it settable, with a configuration panel for the user email mod? :D

Admins / Global moderators can still see the email address on the user's profile, but I don't think that it would be needed with this great mod :P

I also would like to prevent 'normal' users from emailing others via the forum and also guest users, but I can't find where I can arrange that... :(
"People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something of equal value.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange."

"People should not be afraid of their Goverments. Goverments should be afraid of their People."

vbgamer45

Quote from: GJ-tje on July 22, 2006, 06:38:33 AM
I also would like to prevent 'normal' users from emailing others via the forum and also guest users, but I can't find where I can arrange that... :(
By default when you install the mod it prevents anyone from emailing each other ie guests, normal users.

There is a permission for each group called "Send User Email" which can you turn on or off to allow them to use the user email system.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mforum

It`s a great mod, installed it and works fine in rc2 except from some errors in error log

2: gzwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
File: /home/*******/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php

in several lines at Subs-Package.php around line 2110

anyone else has same errors?

Vinspire

Great mod from vbgamers again but somehow i think there is still a loopholes in this mod ... Like what harzem have said.

QuoteYes, but a newly registered member can use it for spamming.

Anyway, when it has time limits, that will be an even greater mod

Indirectly this mod make it easier for pplz to send out the email instead of harvesting the email easily.

Offtopic question : Is it possible for us to set the setting as hide the "email, yahoo messenger, msn messenger and other AIM" from regular members view ?

I've currently restrict my members from viewing each others profile coz i dont want to leak out their contact details as i've listed above but the thing is some of my forummers want to check what topic had been opened by this members and what post he've made in the forum.

mforum

Vinspire, i believe an email per day limit would be more efficient  :-\
Admins and moderators can check if someone is sending emails every day, that would be unreasonable for a non spamer to do.
In my case, except from who`s on line list, i can check it cause of the errors i have in my error log ...  ;)   :D

Vinspire

Quote from: mforum on August 02, 2006, 03:22:20 AM
Admins and moderators can check if someone is sending emails every day, that would be unreasonable for a non spamer to do.
In my case, except from who`s on line list, i can check it cause of the errors i have in my error log ...  ;)   :D

email per day - Is this a mod ? How could i do this ?  ::)

vbgamer45

I could add support for the CAPTCHA mod or general CAPTCHA once SMF RC3 comes out.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mforum

Quote from: Vinspire on August 02, 2006, 05:12:35 AM
Quote from: mforum on August 02, 2006, 03:22:20 AM

email per day - Is this a mod ? How could i do this ?  ::)

I was hopping vbgamer45 add this to his mod  :)

vbgamer45

That's a little tricker. I would have to create a database table to store when each email is sent and the user id.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mforum

I think is ok as it is.Needs a little bit of attention on who and how often sends emails.

Surferbird

Could this MOD be made to support other languages?

Where to translate them now?

Thanks  ;)
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

vbgamer45

Maybe, right now you would have to edit the template files the language strings are hardcoded.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Surferbird

Okay, i found needed text but when use 3 languages it shows up in the translated. Hope you get support
for more languages soon  8)

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 07, 2006, 09:46:01 AM
Maybe, right now you would have to edit the template files the language strings are hardcoded.
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

marinelife

so far only my admins can send an email is there a setting that needs changed, also the admins can not see the email address

Vinspire

Quote from: marinelife on September 15, 2006, 12:08:02 AM
so far only my admins can send an email is there a setting that needs changed, also the admins can not see the email address

1. Please check ur membergroup permission if you want other membergroup to be able to send an email.

2. Admin can see the email address by checking the profile info :)

marinelife

nothing in the profile area as far as emails go. I check marked the email permission and it still does not work

Advertisement: