News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Contact Page

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 06, 2006, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Exterminator2006

Where to edit that contact is not the webmaster if another user?

Thanks you :)

My Version  SMF 1.1.11

iPhoneDestek

$$  Q u a l i t y    I n f o r m a t i o n    L i n e  for iPhone $$

<   M O D  |  T R A N S L A T O R  |  TO  |  TUR  |  A N D   |  G E R   >

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

XanoKais

Just curious.  I run the reCAPTCHA mod (and it is set in the forum software to use it, and does so on the registration form without issues).

Unfortunately, when I view the contact page as a guest, no reCAPTCHA form is shown.  If I try to email via the form as a guest, it gives me an error indicating invalid captcha response.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

XanoKais

Sorry, was version 1.1.11.

I've temporarily just commented out the if/else statements regarding visual verification in the contact.template file to manually force it to use reCAPTCHA at the moment.

This does in fact work.  the reCAPTCHA form is showing at the moment and works properly.

vbgamer45

Can you attach your contact.template.php would like to see what you did.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

XanoKais

File is attached.  its a very....bad solution, what I did.  It really only works so long as I always have reCAPTCHA enabled (i do intent to investigate further on my SMF install to see what might cause it)

Basically, one of the following If statements in the file was returning false rather than true as it should have by the way it is set up.

if ($context['visual_verification'])
    {

if (isset($modSettings['recaptcha_enabled']) && $modSettings['recaptcha_enabled'])
                {

PraveerD

This MOD have been installed on the default theme successfully. Now what do I do to make it work with my current theme. I am using mobile theme. Please help.

Praveer

deansmar

did you copy the Contact.template.php into your mobile theme

if your using SMF2 RC3 then you should copy Contact2.template.php into your mobile theme..

PraveerD

Where do I have to place that file in my mobile theme? And yes I am using SMF 2 RC3

deansmar

Place it in your mobile theme main folder,  then it will work.....

i suppose you have a link in your SMF site... that will take you to your contact page ?

if not then put one in your Subs.php this would look something like this;

// [Contact Page] button
'contact' => array(
'title' => $txt['smfcontact_contact'],
'href' =>  $scripturl . '?action=contact',
'show' => $context['allow_view_contact'],
'icon' => '',
),

PraveerD

I have not installed the MOD yet but want to clarify my doubts before installing.

So I place that file in the theme folder inside no sub folder. Am I rite?

deansmar

if you already have it in your default theme, you will see exactly were it is..!!

yes you would be right, it gets placed in the themes folder---- no sub folder

in the themes folder you should see "index.template.php" and the such likes... the "Contact2.template.php" gets placed there along with the other php files.

PraveerD

So after installing it in the default theme, I just copy the contact2.template.php in my mobile theme folder.

deansmar

PraveerD

Thanks a lot. Installed it successfully.

deansmar

forget that edit, if it installs OK on your default theme....

it would depend on your mobile theme, as to what edits would need to be compleated

if you have a subs.php in the mobile theme that that would need to be edited...

PraveerD

Everything is fine. Now I want to change the email address to which it sends as I have to email accounts on the Server. How do I go about it.

There is no Subs.php in the theme folder.

Advertisement: