News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Contact Page

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 06, 2006, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

It uses the default SMF captcha if it is enabled. There is no setting for it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shinglis

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 15, 2015, 11:57:22 AM
It uses the default SMF captcha if it is enabled. There is no setting for it.

Ok it is already enabled and it appears for user registration. I did have a question set but removed it and still does not appear, anything else I can check ?

Mr. Jinx

This might be asked before, but couldn't find it. Would it be possible to send a confimation email to the user?
This way, a user knows that everything has been received correctly, and the email they provided is also working.
It has happened before that someone was angry because we didn't reply to his question. This was because he made a small error in his email address.

vbgamer45

Possible but would need to be modified as of right now that feature is not included.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DarkAngel612

The idea of a confirmation email is good, it would be helpful when they do mess up their email---I myself on occasion leave out or transpose a letter or two...LOL

But like my forum is an open forum, I allow visitors to see the nuthouse then decide if they want to join in the antics there...they may also contact me with questions or problems with downloads that are also for all.

Maybe there could be a banner to show on the page (like the one for a pm being successfully sent) that states the form has been sent and if there are no problems with the return email ......something along those lines. Until now I never even though of looking to see the files installed to hopefully add myself a line telling them to check their email before sending to make sure it is correct.

Thank you for the mod.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

vbgamer45

I will revisit this mod sometime soon and see what i can improve.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

d3vcho

I've translated this Mod to spanish_es due to an user request. If you want...
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

vbgamer45

Thanks for the translation!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

badon

When I try to install this from SMF's package manager, I the following error message:

An Error Has Occurred!
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF

I don't have any permissions problems, and I suspect there is problem with the package on SMF's server. Maybe you can re-upload it?

DarkAngel612

Quote from: badon on August 09, 2016, 04:39:55 PM
When I try to install this from SMF's package manager, I the following error message:

An Error Has Occurred!
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF

I don't have any permissions problems, and I suspect there is problem with the package on SMF's server. Maybe you can re-upload it?

When I get this I open the zip to my computer then just upload the entire folder to the packages folder of the forum  it will go into.

Then when I go to admin/package manager it shows in the list with an install link. You could try that.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

badon

I think it was some temporary problem with simplemachines.org, because it works now. Thanks DarkAngel612.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DarkAngel612

no problem and yes glad it works now. That is how I have to do some mods, especially when there are some misspelled words or a site update (I always do a fresh install of forum version updates) cause I forget about the edits otherwise...LOL

Tonyvic

I have just started a new SMF 2.0.13 forum and on the 'Contact Page' 'reCAPTCHA' always shows the error
QuoteThe letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.
but it works fine on 'Registration', I'm using the 'Curve' default theme.
I only have 3 Mods installed:
1.    SimplePortal    2.3.6    
2.    Contact Page    3.2    
3.    reCAPTCHA for SMF 1.0.0

I have searched this Topic but can't find an answer, please can anyone help?

gorbi

Quote from: Tonyvic on April 21, 2017, 02:26:43 PM
I have just started a new SMF 2.0.13 forum and on the 'Contact Page' 'reCAPTCHA' always shows the error
QuoteThe letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.
but it works fine on 'Registration', I'm using the 'Curve' default theme.
I only have 3 Mods installed:
1.    SimplePortal    2.3.6    
2.    Contact Page    3.2    
3.    reCAPTCHA for SMF 1.0.0

I have searched this Topic but can't find an answer, please can anyone help?
I have this problem also

vbgamer45

Will do some testing.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tonyvic

SMFHacks.com Team

New update and bug fix for reCAPTCHA!!!!

Now supports the latest version of the reCAPTCHA mod when guests are submitting contact forms.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Tonyvic

Thank you so much for the fast response and fix, works great now. :)

Advertisement: