News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Contact Page

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 06, 2006, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msbask

I already commented out:
if ($context['allow_contact'])
And that didn't do the trick.  The address bar does show the ?contact.php address and the tab changes to indicate that I'm (allegedly) on the contact page, but still the login box is shown, so it hasn't changed anything.

Funny thing is that I also have the Paypal donations mod installed and the same thing happens.  Tab changes to Donations, but the login page is still shown.

See it in action: http://www.lhs1984.org/forum [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Quote from: msbask on December 26, 2006, 01:22:21 PM
I already commented out:
if ($context['allow_contact'])
And that didn't do the trick.  The address bar does show the ?contact.php address and the tab changes to indicate that I'm (allegedly) on the contact page, but still the login box is shown, so it hasn't changed anything.

Funny thing is that I also have the Paypal donations mod installed and the same thing happens.  Tab changes to Donations, but the login page is still shown.

See it in action: http://www.lhs1984.org/forum
I think since the forum is closed to guests it overrides everything for some reason.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

msbask

You were absolutely right, vbgamer!  I enabled guest access, then took away every permission except viewing the donation page, and it works.

Guess I have to reinstall the contact page now.

Thanks so much!

jcroot

How can I be able to activate this mod? I just installed this mod but I don't know how to get it working...

vbgamer45

Access it via http://www.yourforum.com/index.php?act=contact

If you are using a custom theme you will have to add a menu/button link to the page.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jcroot

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 28, 2006, 11:30:47 AM
Access it via http://www.yourforum.com/index.php?act=contact

If you are using a custom theme you will have to add a menu/button link to the page.

Thank you for your reply man, one question there is some settings for this mod in the CP Forum? If there is where is it? How can I access this mod using the CP for the settings?

vbgamer45

There are no settings for the mod. Only setting is view contact page permission located under permissions.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MissYeh

Great mod, haven't installed it yet and I have a question:

what about bots or spammers? I guess that they can send it through the contact page too?

vbgamer45

Yes they could if its visible to guests.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tapsa2

Unfortunately this mod doesn't seem to show the scandinavian letters right in the e-mail to the admin-
For example the letter Ä is shown with the entity name Ä

Shame, because i really would like to use this mod.
Suomi - Finland

choloman05

Hey vbgamer45, I'm getting a "Test Failed" in  /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   

What do I do?? haha

vbgamer45

Install it anyway then apply the changes to modifications.english.php from the xml file.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

choloman05

Alright thanks.  Can I ask why this happens though? I've installed it before on another forum and all went smoothly? I'm using default TPtheme. 1.1.1

vbgamer45

Not really sure since it searchs for ?> then adds the code before.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

choloman05

oh well. Thanks for the help.

teamvtec

getting this error in the forum log:

http://forum.sirfanaticsholland.com/index.php?action=contact 
8: Undefined offset: 64
File: /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1886

http://forum.sirfanaticsholland.com/index.php?action=contact 
8: Undefined offset: 64
File: /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1883

Then i find this on lines 1883 till 1886 from Load.php:

if ($data2[$line] != '')
echo substr($data2[$line], 0, 2) == '</' ? preg_replace('~^</[^>]+>~', '', $data2[$line]) : $last_line . $data2[$line];

if (preg_match('~(<[^/>]+>)[^<]*$~', $data2[$line], $color_match) != 0)

vbgamer45

Its probably not in that file. I don't think its part of contact page either since I know its not a large mod that contains 1000 lines

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

choloman05

Quote from: Mujahid on September 23, 2006, 07:14:17 AM
how can i change the contact email address?
i don`t want to use the default one.

I'd like to know about this too. Is there a way to change the email address that these messages get sent to? Thank you.  

vbgamer45

Quote from: choloman05 on February 10, 2007, 11:35:19 PM

I'd like to know about this too. Is there a way to change the email address that these messages get sent to? Thank you. 
It uses the webmaster email address found on Server Settings

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TEOC2

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 11, 2007, 09:30:01 AM
Quote from: choloman05 on February 10, 2007, 11:35:19 PM

It uses the webmaster email address found on Server Settings

Cool, i was gonna ask this too.
One more request, could you please incorporate some kind of human verification system (captcha) as i want the button available to guests but i dont want to get bots using it.

Advertisement: