Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobo

great mod just what i was waiting for :D

some suggestions for future relaeses:

- Sub categories creation option

- Option to specify banner for each site (can be enabled - disabled via admin panel)

- Option to have a category image (like icons for categories)

thats all i can think of for now

---

im gona try and play around with the template to see how personalized I can make it...havent even touched it yet so some pointers would be helpful for:

- adding category icons manually to template

cb49747

I agree with the banners, that is what I was attempting with the whole image thing.

bugsmi0

curious about something, it seems more and that a forum can include most items that would normally exist on a webiste, how far does one go on a forum, take the links mod for example, usually links are on the site itself but now if you use it on the forums instead that changes things a bit, soon there will not be much left to put at site and forums would replace the site, is that the end goal  to have the forums replace the site content ?

vbgamer45

Quote from: bugsmi0 on July 14, 2006, 01:47:24 PM
curious about something, it seems more and that a forum can include most items that would normally exist on a webiste, how far does one go on a forum, take the links mod for example, usually links are on the site itself but now if you use it on the forums instead that changes things a bit, soon there will not be much left to put at site and forums would replace the site, is that the end goal  to have the forums replace the site content ?

The end goal for mods really is to either to do away with multiple pieces of software. Such as a link directory script, an  arcade script etc.
With the SMF Mods they are tied all together and allow the users to interact better.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ghostfreak

Can the admin not add a link themselves?

**Edit** Thanks for the PM vbgamer.

http://www.xfilesforum.net - Dare To Believe?
http://www.idealforum.co.uk - The Green Blitz!

vbgamer45

An admin by default has rights. First you need to create a category. Then click on category title then under that categroy click add link.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Spike2

how i make to work whit the elios theme?

Mario472

Well, must be great... I tried to install it, and use it with the Standard or the Babylon Theme (both certainly with using the english Version of SMF) but by clicking on 'Links' in the above Menu the following Message appeared: 'Unable to load the main template'.

Now I uninstalled it and I will wait, if here will come a Solution for this Problem. I'm using SMF 1.1 RC2.

I'm very sorry, but I wrote this also in the Reviews... Maybe someone can delete this from there.
MfG, Mario.

SMF 2.0

vbgamer45

You need to make sure that links.template.php is the theme's folder and that links.php is in the sources folder.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mario472

Thank you for this really fast help. Now I made sure that links.temlate.php is in the Themes Folder and that Links.php is in the Sources Folder - but the Message by Clicking on Links or the Button stys the Same... :( Unable to load the Main Template
MfG, Mario.

SMF 2.0

Mario472

Ok, I figured it out - The default Theme Folder didin't have the right permissions, now it works! THX
MfG, Mario.

SMF 2.0

tthmaz

Nice work!

I'm sure some of you maybe thinking of an extra feature:

Reciprocal links.

That is, make sure that the link submitter add a link back to the directory. This way, it's more of a fair trade, they gain link exposure and so do we. I'm sure vbgamer45 thought of this b4...  :)

vbgamer45

Minor next version released
Version 1.2
You can now add links from main page includes category select.
Added who action says they are viewing links.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PrizeLive.com

Thanks man.. I'll test it out shortly
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

K_4_kelly

hello,

do u think if it is possible to have a place to put the logo of the link as well as the to add the logo url in the add link page?

thanks!

vbgamer45

Next version buddy. I will have an option for that heh.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

K_4_kelly

glad to hear that ^^
look forward to the next version !! :)

Gobo

wow there is a next version too?

cool cant wait :D

Scooby

Very nice mod. I would like to change one thing though, how do I get the mod to display the name of a user, rather than their username?

vbgamer45

Change all the memberName  in Links.template.php to realName

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: