News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Not sure about that in this case would have to think about but not sure if there is a good way to do it.
There is no pro version of this mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

forfun

Thanks much for your effort!
I hope you will find some time to correct this error.

forfun

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 29, 2011, 07:42:45 PM
You have many many sub categorys so they are expanding to multiple lines
Here is the example of this site, right here, which has many sub cat.
Would you take a look for something similar like this (see attached image)?
Thanks much in advanced

Witchboard

This is a great mod.  Thanks for providing it to the community.  I do have a permissions question though.  I'm wanting to only allow members to add links to a specific category.  The deny permissions work fine, but when I allow add link to my members, the option is not there.  This is in the permissions of SMF Links.

If I allow permissions to add links in the forum permissions, it allows them to add links to any category, which is not what I want.  I don't want to have to deny them permissions on every other catergory.  What am I doing wrong?

vbgamer45

If you only want one specific category to add links you would need to use deny permissions on all other categories to get that to work.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Witchboard

Thanks for the quick response.  May I ask why there's an option to allow in SMF Links, if it doesn't have any functionality, or am I missing something?

vbgamer45

I am not familiar with that offhand. I know of the permissions under Admin -> Permissions.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Witchboard

Sorry for the confusion.  I was meaning the Category Permissions as in the attached image.  Also, are the permissions automatically propagated to sub categories, or do those need to be individually created?  I hope I'm making sense, if not, I'll just create a test account and play with them.  Thanks.

vbgamer45

The membergroup must have the global permission Add Links, View Links etc whatever you set under category permissions in the normal SMF permissions in Admin -> Permissions in order for the category level permissions to work.

Also, are the permissions automatically propagated to sub categories, or do those need to be individually created
No they need to be individually created.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

forfun

Quote from: forfun on May 29, 2011, 05:09:47 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 02, 2011, 01:32:57 PM
Another update
+Added counting of unlimited depth subcategories link totals

I am using SMF Links v. 2.3.2, and I am running into a little problem.
I am also using SMF 2.0 RC5 default theme.

If I "checked" the box "Counts child categories link totals", then it will mess up the frame.
As shown in attached pic 1, the child category links are running outside of the screen to the right.

If I "unchecked" the box "Counts child categories link totals", then everything is fine, EXCEPT it does not count the child category links, which is NOT looked good, as it shows 0, while there are many under there.
As shown in attached pic 2, the first to Titles have shown 0 links

Please help to fix this error.
Thanks much in advanced

Anyone?

Witchboard

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 06, 2011, 05:11:00 PM
The membergroup must have the global permission Add Links, View Links etc whatever you set under category permissions in the normal SMF permissions in Admin -> Permissions in order for the category level permissions to work.

Also, are the permissions automatically propagated to sub categories, or do those need to be individually created
No they need to be individually created.

Thanks for the quick responses.  Again, great mod.

vbgamer45

Glad you enjoy I hope to one day get back to adding additions to it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Baloch

I want to see auto generated serial numbers of the links as well as repositioning of the links/categories as per admin choice.

KensonPlays

Thanks for the update vb! Now i dont have to bookmark everything on my bookmarks, some links I want to share not in a topic, not in a webpage or a bookmark stored online that is publicly viewable.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

GlitchPC

GlitchPC

I guess I can take the lack of response as a "no", huh?

vbgamer45

No idea I check for closing tags on img and br tags for xhtml and alt tags for images.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

savy118

hi having problems with mod on 2.o final , i have installed again and everything passed and installed fine but now get errors relating to source/links2 and cant do nothing with it.

Unknown column 'ID_CAT' in 'where clause'
File: C:\wamp\www\Sources\Links2.php
Line: 1530

Unknown column 'l.title' in 'field list'
File: C:\wamp\www\Sources\Links2.php
Line: 1009

is this easy to fix so i know what to doin if something goes wrong.

thanks for your time

savy

sharks

Is it just me, or does this mod look ugly? I checked the screenshot from the mod download page and it's not something that makes me want to scramble to install any time soon.

PureKaoz

Does using this mod make it to where the google bot and crawlers can't read links as well? Don't that hurt your SEO?

Advertisement: