News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazza0101

Hi,

I have installed this mod and run into a problem, the links tab only shows up after login and I am unable to change it, I decided to try to uninstall it and reinstall to see if that would help, but I run into an error message and I am unsure of what to do next, I have installed quite a few other mods so there may be some conflict.

I am using SMF 1.1.6 Default Theme - Core

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

My new electronics forum.
http://www.silicontronics.com
For the electronic engineer to anyone who has an interest in electronics.

Dazza0101

Ok I have solved part of the problem, I had to uninstall  SMF Staff Page mod first, however I am still unable to work out how to have the link tab available to guests.

Thank you Dazza0101

vbgamer45

You need to do permissions. Admin -> Permissions
Then modify each group and given them permissions needed for links
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dazza0101

Hi vbgamer45, thank you for your reply,

I can't believe I didn't find it was right under my nose  :-[  I have installed a lots of mobs starting to lose track a bit.  :D

Thanks again I appreciate your help  :)

Dazza0101.

nay27uk

has anyone got a remedy for this

link removed
Unable to load the 'main' template.

error yet or what, I see lots of people asking about it but never seem to see the mods auther answering the question with a remedy

vbgamer45

Are you use the latest edition of the mod? If not the last update fixes the error.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

H

nay27uk, I removed the link in your post as it is redirecting to an inappropriate site.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

nay27uk

Quote from: H on November 15, 2008, 03:27:57 PM
nay27uk, I removed the link in your post as it is redirecting to an inappropriate site.

yeah sorry about that and yeah im running the latest version of the mod thers only one on the mod page to download 1.7.1 or somthing. and yes i still get this eror

vmgamer

HR

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

HR

Quote from: Hoochie Coochie Man on November 05, 2008, 05:42:43 AM
I updated to new version.

I'm getting this error, on error log..

QuoteGuest       Today 05:45

http://www.sitename.com/forum/index.php?action=links;sa=visit;id=152

'main' Theme is not loading.

I know what is the problem, you change the links page on new version, and I like it, thanks.
But old pages indexed on search engines. When a user or bot fid that page. Then I get abouve error.  :-\

Not the case, while a guest account/Bot does flag the error a registered member also flags it.

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

not sure HR.. i get the same thing on default smf 1.1.7 for the current updated file..

is there a fix for this vbgamer?  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Smoky "Rider" Blue

**BUMP**

this is really screwing up my links now.. help please. im coding enough as it is and if anyone has a solution would appreciate it.. if not, it will be a few before i can get to this..

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

vbgamer45

Released an update might fix that issue.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Smoky "Rider" Blue

thank you vbgamer  ;)

edit

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getlinktotals() (previously declared in /home/***/Sources/Links.php:1106) in /home/***/Sources/Load.php(1751) : eval()'d code on line 1436

nope it did not fix it  :'(

Pipeto

Hi,

I have installed this mod and the administration panel I have this error in the log:

Unable to load the template 'main'

Why?

HR

Confirmed 1.7.2 update does not resolve unable to load main template error when clicking link. Database tables and code entries verified.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

im going back to the 1.6 release of the links till this is resolved

**Bump** 8)

vbgamer45

I am unable to replicate that error on my test when clicking a link.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Smoky "Rider" Blue

if you would like to see the error in action:

http://www.pixelbypaint.com/forum/index.php?action=links

not sure what you are doing there, but it didnt get rid of the error..

can i ask what level of mysql and php are you running?

sometimes that has a play on items as well.

im not trying to be offensive, but i have some very important graffix links that my site members use and i still havent rolled it back to the 1.6 yet, as i havent had the time, but i will in the am.. i do hope you get this fixed vb, as the mod is a very good one, like the rss feeder one as well.  ;) 

btw, have you checked your messages at all??(from me on that mod [rss])  if you do not want to turn it over to me, no worries, i will create one myself.. i just wanted your permission is all..  :)  as it stands, i would rather have my own..

but back to the topic.. if you need a test acct on my site, will pop one up for you.. let me know -SB

this is what pops up in the error log as well..

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: permissionname_delete_links_any
File: /home/***/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1536

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: permissionname_edit_links_any
File: /home/***/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1536

if that will help as well..  :)

Advertisement: