PROMPT GUEST TO REGISTER

Started by Dewalex, July 16, 2006, 10:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewalex

Hello people in the house, how can  I prompt guest to register before the can post
thanks

PrizeLive.com

You can disable guests from posting by modifying your permissions on that membergroup.
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Dewalex

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on July 16, 2006, 10:33:17 PM
You can disable guests from posting by modifying your permissions on that membergroup.
This is not available in the permission section .What I wanted is that when guest come to my forum they should be able to read anypost but when they want to reply or post new topic, the system should promt them to register.Thanks

PrizeLive.com

Are you sure? I have permissions...

Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Dewalex

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on July 17, 2006, 08:41:47 AM
Are you sure? I have permissions...

I know that the section is there but what I really want is that when Guest click on the new topic, the system should  come up with the registration screen or with pop up like:you need to register before you can post new topic.

tthmaz

yeah, the permission settings can't achieve that.

Has this been done anywhere? I mean is there any boards (examples?) that has been hacked to do this yet?

Dewalex

Quote from: tthmaz on July 17, 2006, 01:53:45 PM
yeah, the permission settings can't achieve that.

Has this been done anywhere? I mean is there any boards (examples?) that has been hacked to do this yet?
Yes sure I have seen one www.nairaland.com  as a Guest  if you want to post or reply to a topic the system will prompt you to register

Advertisement: