News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Krissnikkers

Just downloaded and started uploading files... and it is brilliant solves a lot of my problems just one slight niggle...  How can you tell that new pics have been uploaded?  Any chance of a box at the bottom of the gallery showing last say 5 uploaded pics?

Thanks for a great mod!

Kriss :)

vbgamer45

There is no way to tell if a picture is new or not in the free it is included in SMF Gallery Pro though.

For a  box at the bottom. Check out either ezPortal or SimplePortal I belive they both have options to have portal blocks that contain last images uploaded.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Krissnikkers

I just noticed that on the Pro one... sorry for the question will look next time... :)

Still going to use it though... :)

Kriss :)

SMFHacks.com Team

Update!

!Delete temp file if not a valid picture file for disk space/security
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

GazCBG

I have Pretty URLs installed will it change the URL, like it does for the forum etc...?

vbgamer45

You can download the pretty urls filter addon for pretty urls I think it has one for SMF Gallery

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

melanie1986

I have some issues with it, you can see one here

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=538173.msg3825987#msg3825987

profile pages are all weird as is the who's online when you click that. As well some members can't even see the tab? I do like it tho :)

vbgamer45

This mod shouldn't touch profile pages or the who's online.
Only part in the whos online it should say they are viewing the gallery

For the permissions. Under Admin -> Permissions you must give each membergroup permissions needed for the gallery such as viewing the gallery etc.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

melanie1986

Wow that was quick. Thanks. I'll check the permissions out, that might be an issue on one point.

I've uninstalled it for now and those pages are back to normal, so any ideas why? It also affects the main admin page, doing the same thing. Its like the page is in 'safe' mode when you do that on your computer. That's how it looks.

vbgamer45

I see the issue. Open your themes/default/languages/who.english.php find

?>

Move all the way to the end of the file. After you have installed SMF Gallery

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

melanie1986

okays, thank you. I'll let you know if it works :D

melanie1986

I'm getting my techy guy onto it, he doesn't trust me fiddling around with the panel  O:)

Two questions. How can we make it so only admins can add photos and can we somehow have it so there is no 'comment' panel? We only want this as a display gallery.

vbgamer45

The gallery system has it's own permisisons for uploading, viewing, etc You would need to change each membergroups permissions under Admin -> Permissions
Then modify each group
And give each membergroup the permissions needed.

The comment panel. You might have to remove from the gallery.template.php file I forgot if there is an option to disable comments in the lite version or not. There might be when you edit category but I don't remember.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

br360

To remove the comment panel; look in themes/default/gallerytemplate2.php

remove-
echo $txt['gallery_text_comments'] . ' (<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=' . $row['id_picture'] . '">' . $row['commenttotal'] . '</a>)<br />';

***The amount of comments in each gallery pic will be removed- The panel will still be visible, but only to admins- nobody else.

Make sure that "Leave Comments" is unchecked in the membergroups permissions sections as well. ;)

melanie1986

Thank you both, that is very helpful for me :) I'll let you know how I do :D

timidapsin

Hello please does the mod embbed youtube videos?

vbgamer45

This mod does not embed youtube
But I have this mod that does http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sean Dempsey

I can't find the answer to this using the search function. The terms I'm using are too general I think and the info is getting swamped with irrelevant returns.

I replaced two picture threads with the gallery and it works great, there is one drawback though, posters who put up pictures on the thread got their post count incremented and all the attendant fame and glory that brings. Now putting an image in the gallery doesn't change their post count.
This is a major disincentive to using the gallery.

Is there an option I have missed? Is there any possibility of a change to the mod to increment post count?

Thanks

vbgamer45

Currently it is not an option in the lite version it is part of the pro version of the gallery.
I use this code to increase the post count on upload

updateMemberData($user_info['id'], array('posts' => '+'));

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: