Hi & Question about collapsing

Started by Narko, September 21, 2006, 11:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narko

Hi everyone.

First please allow me to congratulate the SMF team on what i believe to be so far, the best forum i have ever used. I have been messing around with CMS's, Forums & Portals for 2 years now and this from what ive seen so far is the best.

Ive tried out CMS's such as PHPNuke, PostNuke, E107, PNC, Platinum. Ive tried stand alone forums such as PHPBB & IPB. But alas, they have been very hard to maintain.

I'm currently using the most up to date version of SMF combined with TP. The upload was quick and simple. The install was the same. And so far, the features, and the superb customization freedom has completely outstanded me!

I am extremely impressed, and am looking forward to keeping in touch with SMF and TBfor a few years to come.

Good Job people!

Question

Is there a way i can set the forums to be collapsed rather than opened, when the user clicks on 'Forum'? I couldn't see anywhere for it in the settings, so if there isn't, do you know of a way via editing the php code? I'm an amateur at php coding, in fact, probably closer to total newbie. However i have been successful several times with the other CMS's i have used in the past.

Don't worry if there isn't a way, no other CMS i have used yet has been able to, or even offered support onto how i could set it by editing the code. So i'm not expecting a miracle here :)

Chat soon.

~ Narko ~
The Xtreme Club

Oldiesmann

There is no setting to do that, although it's been requested before.

Did you want to collapse all the forums or just certain ones?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Narko

All of them.

I have so many different forum sections, so its a nightmare for people having to scroll all the way down. It would be easier if people could just select which ones they want open.

Narko

So is there no way to edit in the php coding then?

Sorry for double post, doubt anyone would look at the topic again :/

Narko

Complied with the rules this time, waited a couple of days, apologies for the double post last time, should have read the rules  :o

Just wondering if anyone could help me with this, is there any way in the php coding itself to collpse all forums on load?

Thx.

Narko

Advertisement: