Bridge SMF 1.1 e107 alpha 1

Started by Orstio, December 31, 2006, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

The bridge for e107 is available on the downloads page:

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?bridges

Unzip it, and upload the "smf" folder inside to your e107_plugins folder.  Go to your e107 admin panel, and install it as any other e107 plugin.

Once installed, configure the plugin by typing in the absolute path to SMF, and deciding whether or not you want your forum wrapped in the e107 template.

Please report any errors or problems you encounter.

mix-man

Sorry I cant help you but im having the same problem here,

Looking at the plugins I realized this is for SMF 1.1 not 1.1.1 is that a big problem? All I'm lacking is getting SMF 1.1.1 into e107 and my site will be perfect. :)

Thanks to the mod developers for working on this.. it will be great when finished.

Edit:

forums are at hxxp:forum.mysite.org [nonactive] /home/user/web/forum
Forums have a few users with the same logins as e107
and e107 is at hxxp:www.mysite.org [nonactive] /home/user/web/mysite

Both dirs are owned by the same user... running e107 v0.7 and smf 1.1.1
Databases are e107db and forumdb running on Mysql 5.0.24a
PHP 4.4.4

i think that might be everything you need to know :)

Orstio

Did you type the absolute path to SMF in the plugin configuration in your e107 admin panel?
../gtfo isn't going to work, because that is a RELATIVE path.  You need the ABSOLUTE path, right from the server root.

mix-man

ok got it to come up now :) switched from wrapped to unwrapped and it fixed it... path was ok...

Edit:

Just checked my username password intrigration... did'nt work either

Orstio

zerominus:  As long as your SMF username and password are the same as your e107 username and password, you should be able to login on the forum, and it will auto-login to e107 as well.

I'll be working on using the alt_auth method to login from e107 to SMF as well, but that's not in this alpha yet.

QuoteAlso, what does the wrap/unwrap option do?

Wrapped means that the forum is wrapped in the e107 template.  Unwrapped means that the forum is still integrated, but the e107 template is not used, so the forum appears full-screen.

mix-man: 

Quoteok got it to come up now  switched from wrapped to unwrapped and it fixed it... path was ok...

This sounds like your SMF database user might not have access to your e107 database.  You need to make sure that each database user has access to the other's database.

mix-man

Thanks for the quick reply man... awesome work so far,

Just checked out my databases and I think there setup correctly ill have to double check again.. BUT when i logout in the forums it logs me out on the website, just checked and matched my passwords.. but it still does not log me into the forums when i log into the website.. im gonna check into this a little bit more.. thanks :)

mix-man

ok checked the db... it appears to be correct...

so FTR When i log in to the main site .. goto forums i have to log in again.. l/p's are the same... when i log out on the forums it logs me out of the website too...

Also if i log out from the main website i stayed logged into the forums...

Here is what i put into mysql to make sure the l/p was in both forums and e107
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON forums.* TO e107@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON e107.* TO forums@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

any help is deff appreciated...

Orstio

Quotebut it still does not log me into the forums when i log into the website..

No, as I said, the e107 login/logout will not affect the forum in this version.  I'm hoping, if all goes well, that I can get e107's alt_auth method into the next alpha.

Logging in to the forum should also log you into e107.  Logging out of the forum should log you out of e107.

mix-man

ahh sorry :) cool man keep up the good work looking forward to it...

Ninoslav

everytime i save the path in plugin it recreates it!

Example:

path to SMF is: D:\! Server\xampp\htdocs\newsmf

when I type this and hit save it gives me this: D:\\! Server\\xampp\\htdocs\\newsmf

if you hit save one more time it'll produce this: D:\\\! Server\\\xampp\\\htdocs\\\newsmf

One important thing: I want to show last X posts from SMF into e107 main page. How can that be done? Can you make a small menu that will do this?

∑∆T M∑! :)

Orstio

Quotewhen I type this and hit save it gives me this: D:\\! Server\\xampp\\htdocs\\newsmf

Does the bridge work if you leave it as this?

Marcus J

Orstio,

Thank you for making this!  I'll be trying to set this up very soon.

-Marcus

Ninoslav

Quote from: Orstio on January 03, 2007, 06:27:03 PM
Does the bridge work if you leave it as this?

No, it just gives me the blank screen :|

Orstio

QuoteNo, it just gives me the blank screen :|

Do you have compressed output turned on in SMF?

Ninoslav

Yes... to remind you - this is on my local server. Haven't tried it yet on a live one.

Orstio

You'll need to turn off compressed output in SMF.

mix-man

bumping this topic... this should be set as sticky ... :) cant wait for the next update

psygarden

Was this release ever announced on www.e107coders.org [nofollow] ? if not you might want to do so, it's the largest plugin repository for e107 !

i'll be testing and looking into this bridge over the weekend!

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Orstio

Quote from: psygarden on January 12, 2007, 10:25:52 AM
Was this release ever announced on www.e107coders.org ? if not you might want to do so, it's the largest plugin repository for e107 !

Sorry, that seems to require a file upload.  My bridges are released under the terms of the Simple Machines license, not GPL, and as such, are released only from here at Simple Machines.

Angpeu

im find bug.
not all in smf.php used variable e_PLUGIN .

$buffer = str_replace($scripturl, SITEURL.'e107_plugins/smf/smf.php', $buffer);
    $buffer = str_replace(SITEURL.'e107_plugins/smf/smf.php?action=dlattach', $scripturl.'?action=dlattach', $buffer);
    $buffer = str_replace(SITEURL.'e107_plugins/smf/smf.php?action=verificationcode', $scripturl.'?action=verificationcode', $buffer);
    $buffer = str_replace('action=admin;g=;e107=;e107_plugins=;smf=;smf_php?action=admin', 'action=admin', $buffer);

need chage to this code.

$buffer = str_replace($scripturl, SITEURL.e_PLUGIN.'smf/smf.php', $buffer);
    $buffer = str_replace(SITEURL.e_PLUGIN.'smf/smf.php?action=dlattach', $scripturl.'?action=dlattach', $buffer);
    $buffer = str_replace(SITEURL.e_PLUGIN.'smf/smf.php?action=verificationcode', $scripturl.'?action=verificationcode', $buffer);
    $buffer = str_replace('action=admin;g=;e107=;'.e_PLUGIN.'=;smf=;smf_php?action=admin', 'action=admin', $buffer);

Advertisement: