News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RPG MOD comming soon!

Started by Senkusha, July 26, 2004, 01:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Hi!  Just wanted to put a plug in here to advertise my new upcoming RPG mod for the SMF software.  I'm not going to post everything it does/will do here until it's completely finished.  If you would like to contribute ideas or to see the current status of it go here to see my ongoning log.  Please don't be shy, unregistered guests are also welcome.  I really don't want to have to go back and implement a great suggestion at the end of coding.  Thank you!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Cypher7

Looks interesting...!

but for a big mod like this you may want to wait for RC1 to be released... so you can create it for that. Once that comes out it will be far more widely used then Beta 5.

...Just to save you some time and frustration ;)

Senkusha

Thanks for the advise.  But I don't mind tweaking things a little bit from version to version.  Mainly I'm looking for ideas and suggestions.  Since I'll already have most of the code written by the time SMF goes "gold" it'll already be done and then I can release the mod to the public.  ;)
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Senkusha

I can't believe that there aren't more suggestions pouring in!  Have I already thought of everything ???

Please let me know.  Also there has been an update on my board. link.

Thanks!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

babylonking

Finally the dream will come true  ;) ......... I can't wait to see this mod installed in my forum  :o

Good luck Senkusha  :)

Tom

You seem to have most of it covered. Even though I probably won't be using it, I can tell you that there are tons of people that will LOVE this mod. :)

† ÐëepÇuT¹ †

This fo real?? Man this is gana ROCK

I say you get clean graphics to display the specific stats for a certain member, that'd be cool.

Personal Website
x3Generation - gaming
graphics and anime.

Favorite Forums
> SimpleMachines Forum
> GamerzPlanet Forums

Senkusha

Could you elaborate a bit more on the graphics for stats?  What exactly do you mean?

Thanks!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Killer Possum

You may want to specifically ask Justyne (with a PM or something). She runs a Harry Potter RPG and I'm sure she would love to see this and contribute some thoughts :)

Senkusha

Thanks, I let her know, and hopefully she will take a peek soon.  ;)
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Senkusha

Well, Jystine (sp??) has responded with lots of great ideas!  Among them are:

• Player placement map
  • Player sign in (A player signs in for attendance)
  • Player specific "llama" type mod (only certian members will recive this
  • Expanded calendar to store "a time table" of sorts.
Anybody else up for more suggestions?  Now is the time!  ;)

Currently I expect this MOD to be completed and ready for BETA testing within one or two months.  Keep those suggestions pouring in!  This'll be a great mod!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

dracomiconia

As I've seen in ur forum, u expect to have multiple RPG's installed in a forum, one in each board... I've seen you can create a new RPG system, too..

Question:

Will it depend on the Administrator or in the Moderator....? I mean. If I have 20 RPG's in my forum, and I have to look for all of them, I'll get crazy... if each moderator has to take care of their RPG system, it would be better...

Senkusha

Yes, each board (if enabled) will have it's own Game Master (probably a moderator).  If you choose not to enable specific boards for the RPG, then you will only have one RPG for the entire site, and the administrator will be the GM.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Vinoth

Well waiting for the MOD,

Thanx
Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

† ÐëepÇuT¹ †

No offense, but how exactly do you plan on programing this mod? From your previous posts, I'm guessing you don't have much php coding knowledge. It seems to me that you only want traffic to your website.

Never the less, here are some ideas  ;)

Health Bar relevent to the Karma

Personal Website
x3Generation - gaming
graphics and anime.

Favorite Forums
> SimpleMachines Forum
> GamerzPlanet Forums

Senkusha

Actually, I have PLENTY of PHP experiance, I'm slowly learning JavaScript, and I learn new things everyday.  While I do appriceiate all the extra traffic my site has been getting, my goal is simply to provide a "product" that people want with features THEY will use.  No offense taken.  :)

I have had an idea to somehow use the Karma system, since very few people seem to notice it's there.  I was thinking of perhaps using the Karma as an indicator to tell how many "battles" have been won or lost.  For every battle that you get killed in you end up with a Vitea (sp??) penalty that reduces your "primary" stats by a percentage that you must work off by gaining (replacing) XP.

Any other ideas?  Thanks!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

† ÐëepÇuT¹ †

^ Nice.

How about the more you post the stroger you get.

Personal Website
x3Generation - gaming
graphics and anime.

Favorite Forums
> SimpleMachines Forum
> GamerzPlanet Forums

Justyne

I thought since we have been talking on pm a lot I should finally post here and offer to do something useful. I had a quick check with our graphics people at MH and if you want we can contribute images of pets, maps, any custom buttons and things you might need.. Stuff like coins, or items that you could possibly get in and magical item store... so if there is anything you need made shout. (dimensions in pixels and a description would be appreaciated).
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Senkusha

Buttons I don't think I'll need since I am intergrating most of the functions inside the Profile, Admin, and Post functions.  Icons would be most useful.  Some basic weapons (probably 10 x 10 (or whatever the size is on the Display for webpage, email, profile.... when a member posts.)  Forgive me, my brain isn't working just yet.  I'll also need icons for store items and pets, probably 40x40? of various things, weapons, armour, clothing, food... and anything else that you could think of that would add nice 'eye candy' to the system.

Thank you very much!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Vinoth

when it is going to come, i waiting for your release!
Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

Advertisement: