Simple Machines is proud to announce the release of SMF 1.1.2. Since the release of SMF 1.1 a number of bugs have been found by the community members here and this release should fix all major outstanding bugs in SMF. In addition a couple of security issues were pointed out to us which we have patched in this release. We have also fixed a number of issues with UTF-8 support - including emails being displayed incorrectly in some webmail clients.
In addition to fixes with this release we've also rewritten much of the visual verification (i.e. CAPTCHA) code to allow the admin to set the difficulty of these images as some people were having trouble reading the current images. We'd urge all users to upgrade to SMF 1.1.2 as soon as possible to take advantage of these fixes. A summary of the fixes is as follows:
- Fixed a possible injection issue when following a corrupt personal message link. (Reported by Aria Security)
- Fixed a potential issue with cached image attachments on Internet Explorer. (Reported by Jessica Hope)
- Disallowed the use of 0 sized fonts with the font BBC tag.
- Sending a news letter to a email address with a quote in it would fail.
- Fixed a bug in PCRE causing regular expressions to fail in UTF-8 mode.
- Fixed package manager not uninstalling mods using the "end" search method correctly.
- Fixed a couple of bugs related to quick edit in a topic.
- Added setting for toggling difficulty of visual verification image.
- Fixed bug which meant merging topics would not always work.
- Fixed bug causing an error when deleting a board in certain circumstances.
- Changed permissions so users with the manage_permission permission cannot promote themselves above this.
- Added work around for people upgrading to a sha1 supporting PHP version which was invalidating user passwords.
- Fixed undefined index bug when including SSI from the forum.
- Fixed path being incorrect in package manager.
- Fixed password reminder not checking password strength.
- Restricted display name to only sixty characters.
- Worked around issues with emails not being displayed correctly on all webmail clients.
For users currently
running SMF 1.1.1 upgrading could not be easier. Simply log into your forum and visit your admin center - a notice should inform you an update is available. Follow the instructions to patch your release - this should not
generally affect any modifications, language packs or themes you have installed. Alternatively download the attached patch file and upload to your "Packages" directory and visit the package manager to install this fix. Note that due to the visual verification changes if you currently have a CAPTCHA modification installed you may need to uninstall this mod to upgrade.
If you cannot upgrade using the package manager please follow the instructions posted in the Online Manual about installing
Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much prompter response by visiting the relevant support board!