News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Incorporating DragMath LaTeX editor into SMF

Started by Ian Wild, August 30, 2007, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Wild

Hi,

I run a free math forum and one of the main problems I have had is the integration of LaTeX into forum posts. Actually integrating the LaTeX is fine - if you can understand LaTeX. The mathematics department at The University of Birmingham in the UK has created a simple open source drag and drop LaTeX editor specifically designed to create mathematical notation/equations visually - without having to understand LaTeX commands. It is called DragMath and is available to download from SourceForge [nofollow].

I have integrated DragMath into my SMF installation and have written up some manual installation instructions (click here to download [nofollow]). Sorry: I don't have a clue how to create an update package, but the mods you have to make are pretty straightforward.

I don't have a demo but you can visit my forum at http://www.yourmathstutor.info.forum [nofollow] - check out the post relating to using DragMath here [nofollow]. Or my blog at http://yourmathstutor.blogspot.com/2007/08/dragmath.html [nofollow]

Hope this is of interest,

Ian.

thylow

Hey.
Thats great that you installed the dragmath its a really cool tool. There are some broken links on your page and was wondering if you still have the manual instructions for installing drag math on my smf

thanks,

thylow

thylow

on second thought the links on your blog with the instructions are broken too. Can you let me know when its been fixed?

Ian Wild

Hi,

Sorry for the very late reply - I've been really tied up with other work. The broken links should be fixed now. If you have any problems installing it then please let me know.

Hope this helps,

Ian.

felixmurd3r

dear dadydoos;

my name is murat from turkey. ı am a math teacher. ı want to use dragmath in my smf forum but ı dont know how is it install to smf. pls help me.

thank you...

bjraines

does anyone have a copy of these instructions?

Advertisement: