Simple Machines is proud to announce the release of SMF 1.1.4.
This release mainly addresses some security issues and fixes a few small bugs.
We urge all users to upgrade to SMF 1.1.4 as soon as possible to take advantage of these fixes. A summary of the fixes is as follows:
* Inline modification of a board which had moderators was not working correctly.
* Stop CDATA blocks breaking preview/quick modify.
* Allow users to log out in maintenance mode.
* Check GET and POST instead of REQUEST for numeric keys.
* Fixed editing grace period inconsistancies within the post script.
* Some input values didn't get escaped properly - reported by Michael Brooks.
* Some attachment filenames didn't get escaped properly.
* Function for fixing list and table tags wasn't working as expected.
For users currently running SMF 1.1.3, upgrading could not be easier. Simply log into your forum and visit your admin center - a notice should inform you an update is available. Follow the instructions to patch your release - this should not generally affect any modifications, language packs or themes you have installed. Alternatively download the attached patch file, upload to your "Packages" directory and visit the package manager to install this fix.
If you cannot upgrade using the package manager, please follow the instructions posted in the Online Manual about installing and upgrading.
For users currently running SMF 1.0.11, a separate version has been released: 1.0.12. Just like the 1.1.x branch users, you can simply upgrade through the admin center or download and apply the attached patch.
The same goes for charter members currently running SMF 2.0 beta 1. They can upgrade to SMF 2.0 beta 1.1 through the admin center or by downloading and applying the attached patch.
Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by visiting the relevant support board!