Anti-Bot: Are You Human/Bot?

Started by vbgamer45, October 31, 2007, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

A manual edit is REQUIRED for ALL themes (other than SMF Core Default) which have a custom Register.template.php
If you don't do perform the edit, nobody will be able to register using those themes.

TEOC2

Quote from: karlbenson on November 20, 2007, 03:01:50 PM
This mod is not really an alternative to Captcha.  It is to make it harder.
In my opinion at the moment the minimum level recommended for Captcha is MEDIUM.  In future though, it will be recommended to be higher

Quote from: TEOC2 on November 09, 2007, 10:22:28 AM
Quote from: Zeri YT! on November 08, 2007, 05:14:45 AM
What's the point of this? Is the captcha not enough?

I would like to see this mod replace captcha as it is now, its just not good for elderly or poor sighted people.

Have you seen the vbulletin registration captcha thing?
Its 3 pictures of say an apple a cow and a car, it will ask to to click on the animal, or similar.

Nibogo

Quote from: karlbenson on November 20, 2007, 07:39:12 PM
A manual edit is REQUIRED for ALL themes (other than SMF Core Default) which have a custom Register.template.php
If you don't do perform the edit, nobody will be able to register using those themes.

i do it , i edit that file but only appear an option with anything this can be for my language?? because is spanish

Mr-Stealth

Alright, I have a question...
in my theme [ApolloBB TP] directory, theres no such thing as a register.template.php, but its rather in the  default theme directory
how do i solve this? just by using the register.template in the default theme ?

karlbenson

@Mr-Stealth
if there is no register.template.php then it will take the file from the default theme.
(you won't have to make any edits)

@NIBOGO
if you using a language other than one supported by the mod, then you will need to copy the language strings added by the mod into the following language files.
Modifications.spanish.php
Modifications.spanish-utf8.php (if your using utf8)
And of course translate the language strings as necessary

Mr-Stealth

Downloaded the latest version of SMF from this website, but  when i try to install this plugin it gives me this error

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

karlbenson

try downloading it to your pc,

then uploading it via smf package manager.

The webinstall/webget method doesnt always work for all servers.

Mr-Stealth

Not just a great software but also high quality support. Thanks alot Karl :)

karlbenson

karlbenson

For people wondering, to my surprise this mod does work (unaltered) for SMF 2.0 beta 1/1.1

elfreakz

is there any setting for this in admin section??  maybe a place i can change the question and answer?

karlbenson

No there are no admin settings.

if you want to change the question, then you would need to alter the language strings that were added to

Modifications.english.php and/or Modifications.english-utf8.php

falguni1

Quote from: karlbenson on November 01, 2007, 09:19:26 AM
they are programmed.

Bots can theoretically use ANY email address, most the time it won't be their real email address
but if you activate require Member Activation then it means they have ot use a real address.

The more that everyones registration page is the same, makes it easier to programme registration bots.

good information.

crash56

We just installed this at our forum.  We're running 1.1.4.  It went in without a hiccup, and works great.  Many thanks. 

Quote from: karlbenson on December 28, 2007, 12:11:06 PM
if you want to change the question, then you would need to alter the language strings that were added to Modifications.english.php and/or Modifications.english-utf8.php

We would like to do something similar.  All we want to do is change the word Human to something else, but I've never done anything like this before.  If I were to change 'human' to our alternative everywhere it appears in the installation package, and then install that, would that work? 

karlbenson

yes it would work.

If you feel comfortable doing that, then it would be preferrential, because it means you could uninstall/install it automatically.

gemigene

I installed this mod and it does work (also changed the text) but when I looked at my error log, I had 62 pages of errors such as:

Quote2: gzclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
File: /home/gemigene/public_html/forumsoft/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2105

But as I said, I tested the Mod and it works...

Gene
???
"Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven"

karlbenson

As far as I can tell its not related to the mod, but with SMF package manager.

If you don't mind, it maybe worth you creating a new topic in the general support forum for it.
(I'd like to keep this topic for support/problems directly related to the mod).
And it may get better noticed by other users who maybe able to help you better with the problem than I can.

karlbenson

I have reuploaded this mod and screenshots for it.

I am in the process of doing it for ALL my other mods aswell.  Please bear with me.

karlbenson

1.1 - 27th January 2007
o Added 2.0 beta 2 support
o Improved some code

Advertisement: