News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterP

Quote from: XtcruleZ on June 12, 2011, 04:38:03 PM
Im trying to convert a phpbb3 board to smf 2.0 and im getting the following errow during the conversion process:

Converting posts...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: modified_name

I got the same, a few months ago when converting :

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=428624.msg3008609#msg3008609

I got around this by 'hacking' the update script, but as I'm apparently not the only one, maybe the script can be refined somehow?

XtcruleZ

Maybe you could share with me what you did to fix it?

HunterP

Quote from: XtcruleZ on June 12, 2011, 07:43:28 PM
Maybe you could share with me what you did to fix it?

Ofcourse I'm willing to help, but I've deleted all conversion files, so don't exactly know anymore. I think I've removed the part where the "modified_name" appears, but don't know if you know how to edit this and also can't say if this is the best way to work around it. For sure this information will not be converted (the name of the person (or moderator) who modified postings), but that shouldn't be the biggest problem, I guess...

XtcruleZ

Ok, i got past that error with THIS FIX but now im getting this error:

Converting posts...
Duplicate entry '28047' for key 'PRIMARY'

HunterP

Quote from: XtcruleZ on June 12, 2011, 08:01:01 PM
Ok, i got past that error with THIS FIX but now im getting this error:

Converting posts...
Duplicate entry '28047' for key 'PRIMARY'

I also got the same but I really can't remember how I got past that one :(

XtcruleZ

Why must i always mess with stuff... I ran it again thinking maybe it was a fluke and didnt even get this far this time, halted with yet ANOTHER error.

Converting polls...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (expire_time)

dougiefresh

I downloaded the SQL file and the convert.php file and ran them on my server.  It came up with so many errors converting from phpBB 3.0.8 to SMF 2.0 Final that I had to alter both files in order to match the new field names.  I ran the process twice in order to make sure that I didn't miss anything.  I'm attaching the modified files.  Hopefully, this will help someone....

Aside from the problems that I just mentioned, I'd like to thank the writers of each of the files for giving such an easy way to convert from one board type to another.  Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Gee, I hope that I didn't just produce duplicate work  :o  (like someone else beat me to publishing this  ::) )

EDIT2: Duplicated the work already done  :-[  Please ignore this

XtcruleZ

Quote from: dougiefresh on June 24, 2011, 05:38:15 PM
I downloaded the SQL file and the convert.php file and ran them on my server.  It came up with so many errors converting from phpBB 3.0.8 to SMF 2.0 Final that I had to alter both files in order to match the new field names.  I ran the process twice in order to make sure that I didn't miss anything.  I'm attaching the modified files.  Hopefully, this will help someone....

Aside from the problems that I just mentioned, I'd like to thank the writers of each of the files for giving such an easy way to convert from one board type to another.  Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Gee, I hope that I didn't just produce duplicate work  :o  (like someone else beat me to publishing this  ::) )

EDIT2: Duplicated the work already done  :-[  Please ignore this

Where are the files that you made work for you? I cant get mine to convert for the life of me. Simply too many errors and have all but given up on it.

dougiefresh

Well, I've deleted my copy of the files....  But I downloaded the most up-to-date version of the official converter from here.  Hope this helps!

dougiefresh

Quote from: dougiefresh on April 05, 2011, 07:59:04 PM
When I convert my phpBB board to SMF, all of my PM conversations from the phpBB board are listed under a single conversation in the SMF board.  How can I fix this?  Assistance would be greatly apprecitated!  Thanks ahead of time!

EDIT: By the way, I'm converting from phpBB 3.0.8 to SMF 2.0 RC5.  Hope this info helps.....

I did a little more digging into how phpBB works with it's personal messages with the help of a friend and figured out what to modify in the phpbb3_to_smf.sql file (found here).

Find this:/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting personal messages (step 1)...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}personal_messages;

---* {$to_prefix}personal_messages
SELECT
pm.msg_id AS id_pm, pm.author_id AS id_member_from, pm.message_time AS msgtime,
SUBSTRING(uf.username, 1, 255) AS from_name, SUBSTRING(pm.message_subject, 1, 255) AS subject,
SUBSTRING(REPLACE(IF(pm.bbcode_uid = '', pm.message_text, REPLACE(REPLACE(pm.message_text, CONCAT(':1:', pm.bbcode_uid), ''), CONCAT(':', pm.bbcode_uid), '')), '\n', '<br />'), 1, 65534) AS body
FROM {$from_prefix}privmsgs AS pm
LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}users AS uf ON (uf.user_id = pm.author_id);
and change this line :
SUBSTRING(REPLACE(IF(pm.bbcode_uid = '', pm.message_text, REPLACE(REPLACE(pm.message_text, CONCAT(':1:', pm.bbcode_uid), ''), CONCAT(':', pm.bbcode_uid), '')), '\n', '<br />'), 1, 65534) AS body
to this:
SUBSTRING(REPLACE(IF(pm.bbcode_uid = '', pm.message_text, REPLACE(REPLACE(pm.message_text, CONCAT(':1:', pm.bbcode_uid), ''), CONCAT(':', pm.bbcode_uid), '')), '\n', '<br />'), 1, 65534) AS body,
CASE pm.root_level WHEN 0 THEN pm.msg_id ELSE pm.root_level END AS id_pm_head

This should group all conversations together in SMF after conversion from phpBB.

Neo-Fish

Hi, i'm thinking about put msf, but i wanted to know if there is still no way to keep Smileys and Avatars

many thanks

arithor

Little help please,

I installed the newest version of SMF then converted my phpBB3 newest version using the phpBB3 to SMF converter which for the most part was spot on, but the admin account I made on install of SMF and my phpBB3 admin account shared the same user name. I see no way to access the admin area as if I am no longer an admin. Do I have to uninstall the forum reinstall it with a different admin name that is not a user in the phpBB3 forum then raise that account to admin status? I tried to add an account via the database but that did not work...

AllanD

Quote from: arithor on September 20, 2011, 11:17:19 AM
  Little help please,

I installed the newest version of SMF then converted my phpBB3 newest version using the phpBB3 to SMF converter which for the most part was spot on, but the admin account I made on install of SMF and my phpBB3 admin account shared the same user name. I see no way to access the admin area as if I am no longer an admin. Do I have to uninstall the forum reinstall it with a different admin name that is not a user in the phpBB3 forum then raise that account to admin status? I tried to add an account via the database but that did not work...

Have you tried logging in under the phpbb username.I know when converted this happened and that got me into the acp.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

arithor

When I log into my phpBB3 admin account after the conversion it is as if I am a standard user, I have no control panel for any features at all not even for my profile. I attempted to by pass the problem by reinstalling and converting the original forum with a new unique admin account. When I try to log into the admin account I made before the conversion I receive the "this account does not exist" message.

IchBin™

If you can login under your account and it shows as a normal account, you should be able to change the member group ID in the members table for your account to change yourself to admin. The id_group for admin is 1.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

webfann

Hi,

First, thanks for the great convert. I've converted my forum from phpbb 3.0.9 to smf 2.0.1. Everything seems OK.

But now I just can't access my board any more. When I enter my password, it shows
Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again.

I re-enter my password, it shows
Password incorrect

Again I enter my password
If you've forgotten your login details, don't worry, they can be retrieved. To start this process please enter your username or email address below.

I give my user name and try to retrieve my password by mail, it shows
Sorry, this account has not yet been approved. If you need to change your email address please click here

I click "here", the final alarm is
You are not allowed to access this section

I've tried some other account, it just seems that all password have been reset. Now I totally have no idea how to access my new smf board.

Please help.

arithor

Quote from: IchBin™ on September 21, 2011, 10:37:43 AM
If you can login under your account and it shows as a normal account, you should be able to change the member group ID in the members table for your account to change yourself to admin. The id_group for admin is 1.

Thank you for your reply, I just fiqured that out from this post:

"Re: [SMF Converter] phpBB3
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 09:33:46 PM »
I just tested out the converter on a clean install of SMF 1.4, everything was successful but when I log in I have no Admin access, even from my first PHPBB account, which is indeed a full admin on the PHPBB board.

Edit:

I had to go into phpMyAdmin and change my ID_GROUP to 1 (Admin) to fix my permission's because they were all defaulted to 0 and I had no access to Admin CP or any of the boards.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:14:26 PM by Bdn »"

And was about to post the answer to the problem. I do have another question referring to that one though, how does that affect my user groups? In phpBB3 I had set groups some which had admin powers and access to certain forums. All of the forums are visible to even guests, is it possible to limit access to certain forums by certain users, and how?

IchBin™

You need to ask your questions outside of this topic as they are not related. Post in the support board for the version of SMF you are using.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

MaxXx

This converter did not work for me, i have many posts that are broken like this:

[align=center:21hsa2jw][url=http://liil.nl/][img]http://liil.nl/img/logo1.png[/img][/url][/align:21hsa2jw]
Lyhennä linkkisi helposti!  <!-- s:good: -->:good:<!-- s:good: -->
[url=http://liil.nl/][size=99px]http://liil.nl/[/size][/url]

I have converted to smf 2.0.1 from phpBB 3.0.9 And the database is utf8

JoaoSatriano

Hello, I want to convert my phpbb to smf, but I'm not seeing it well, someone can give me a light?  :)

Advertisement: