News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How this mod will work other than default theme?

Started by saadahmed007, February 26, 2008, 11:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saadahmed007

How this mod will work other than default theme?

I installed this mod Ad Management Mod located at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255.

I want this mod to work with my Dilber MC theme. If someone can help me or guide me what code i need to insert in my Board index template php file.

Thanks in advance.

LiamTheDuck

I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

saadahmed007

I know I need to put something manually...But wht exactly:(

Peregrinus

Quote from: saadahmed007 on February 26, 2008, 11:34:07 AM
I know I need to put something manually...But wht exactly:(

as a general rule, all the code that is put into the default themes index.template.php must also be put into your themes index.template.php...

saadahmed007

But I can't follow that rule because it's very difficult for me understanding php :(

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

capabmx

I must discourage using that parser as it has not been updated to support 1.1.4, or 2.0. smf helpers parser is much better. simply upload the package to there and make sure you have theme edits only checked, and it will tell you what files you need to edit and how to edit them.
Always looking to take on a web design/ programming job :], PM me if interested.

Bulakbol

It looks like the SMF helper parser have problem itself.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

capabmx

Eh, I'm not sure what the deal is with the code showing at the top, but it works great nonetheless lol.
Always looking to take on a web design/ programming job :], PM me if interested.

Bulakbol

haha. The codes at the top are language strings. The ?> of one of the language files is not at the very end.

Yes, the parser works. 
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

capabmx

Shishir

Hi guys,

I have been trying to put this mod into action for the same DilberMC theme. But there are some significant problems.

Display ads on every page right below the menu
This makes the menu drop below its position and it looks horrible. :(

Display ads in the welcome user area
This makes the Username and things go right and looks messy.

Display ads on every page as a tower on the left side
If used one then it makes sorrowful. If used twice aagain it makes the menu go below it.

Display ads on every page as a tower on the right side
If used one then it makes sorrowful. If used twice aagain it makes the menu go below it.

I can assure there is no Code placing error as far as I know.

If you want to take a look, plz let me know I'll give you the link of my failed project. :)

Can you guys help me out? I need this one very much.

Thanks in advance.

greyknight17

Welcome to SMF.

Did you install the mod manually? Were you having problems with any of the code edits when you did the manual edit for each theme file? There is a good chance that the code was inserted improperly causing this distortion issue.

Shishir

Thanks for the reply and I am enjoying SMF so far.

The mod was installed through Package option and works fine for Default theme. But when I wanted to use DilberMC, it didn't work, obviously.:D I tried to find the solution on the Mods official site, but the answer there was not clear. And it did not work. Then Here I found the mod parser which I used cleaning the theme with fresh copy. Now the Mod works for certain places. The places I mentioned is making wrong response. I would be happy to provide you the links and Theme's edited file if you want to take a look.

I am quite sure that the code was inserted properly. Still I might be wrong. So should I PM you, if you dont mind? :)

Thanks for the help again. Looking forward for the clean installation of this Mod.

greyknight17

You may attach the files here instead. See which template files for the Dilbermc theme were edited and attach all of them in your next reply.

Shishir

Thanks. I am attaching the files I edited. 3 files were edited and one file was not in the theme, which means the default one was used. I gave the three files from the theme folder.

Waiting for reply from you. :D

greyknight17

Found one problem....use the attached index.template.php to see if some of the problems are fixed.

Shishir

One problem is fixed(some what :D). Now the ad in the welcome area comes in the Right side and it fits somewhat (the text in the left are center aligned though). But the menu is still Pushed below everything. Ad on right side is starting from the bottom. So Those still remains as a problem.

Looking forward to your comments.

greyknight17

So this problem does not exist on the default theme? Verify it again to confirm. Everything else should be fine on this dilbermc theme now....

Shishir

Yest it works fine with Default theme. But as soon at is changed there begins the problem. In DilberMC there comes most the problems. I am humbly requesting you, please test this theme once in your forum. You will get the full picture. Its difficult to believe until you see this in action :). The ad mod is great compared to other free forum Script mods. But the theme compatibility is hurting the mod. Hope that it will be solved sooner to give us the full power with SMF.

Looking forward to your reply.

Advertisement: